It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dark Night Overrated

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I just watched this movie last night and have to say I was not all that impressed. I thought the acting (with the exception of the Joker) was really pretty mediocre and I couldn't stand Batman growling all of his words. The plot was OK and I suppose there were a few good scenes but all in all I was very underwhelmed. The one thing I actually thought was pretty cool was Harvey Dent's half burned face at the end. That was a great special effect. What did you all think of the movie? If I had to rate it I think I'd give it a 6 out of 10.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Raustin

i loved it!!
while i agree batmans ultra deep voice can get annoying what is he supposed to do? use his normal voice and risk someone recognizing it? thats a little piece of realism the director brings that is overlooked. Joker(heath) hands down made this movie. Kevin smith called it the godfather of comic book movies and i have to agree. could have used more joker and 2 face but all in all id give it

9.5 out of 10

heath is trully a loss. seeing him reprise his role as the joker would have made the next batman the highest grossing movie of all time.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Raustin

In The Dark Knight the Joker works for the president of the United States as a false-flag terrorist, aka Robin, aka Dick Grayson, formerly Batman's fired sidekick. After Batman killed Joker Robin with Thermite, Batman assassinated the president of the USA, aka George W Bush aka Dick Cheney, by crashing a robot Batjet into a skyscraper, in Dark Knight Strikes Again, as seen on History Channel, NPR and Pirate News. Google "Dark Knight 9/11 Truth" for the video to confirm your worst nightmare, if you dare...
video.google.com...
piratenews-tv.blogspot.com...

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by piratenews

Um, what? Maybe I'm having a slow day but that made absolutely no sense whatsoever.

To Anonymous, I get that Batman needed to disguise his voice but seriously? He sounded like a kid trying to sound tough.

JbT

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Hmm, I guess we just have to agree to disagree

I thought the movie was really well done. I dont really have any problems with it.... though, i would like them to play some of the wicked batman music more often, love this new version.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I think it was better than the first one. You know what is interesting, nobody seems to get that it is a sequel to Batman Begins. I keep telling everyone, and they just look at me weird. It even SAYS it on the back of the DVD box. But, to the movie. I love it. I think getting past all of the acting (which I haven't come across ONE movie where I am completely convinced all the time... acting is hard, give them a break), the movie is VERY in depth if you look at the Psychological aspect. The Joker's insanity, vs. Batman's sanity. The Joker calls them the same person, which they are in the same situation, both outlaws... BUT, in mindset, they are complete opposites.

It is just interesting look BEYOND the movie.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I really LOVED this movie. I don't understand why everyone thinks the growling Batman is stupid. I thought it was a nice touch. I don't see where it's "like a kid trying to sound tough" and I think it brings a more psychological divide between Batman and Bruce Wayne.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Yeah I really liked it.
Had no idea it would be so long but thats not a bad thing in my book, Before I saw it I was told how it just drags on and on and just gets boring, well I can't take movie opinians from that person seriously anymore.

I found most of the acting fine.

top topics

join