It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Battery that never needs recharging

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Has anyone heard of Hutchisons battery?

Hutchison's bright day in the sun was nearly twenty years ago when he invented a battery that never needs recharging. Several copies are found in various placed around the world in private ownership. There is one on public display in Japan that is still running. It doesn't put out that much electricity -- maybe enough to power a laptop computer -- but it never stops; never needs recharging.

He supposedly successfully made ani-gravity.

"Actually, the stuff out on the balcony is not really the issue with the neighbors," said Hutchison on Bruce-Knapp's show Nov. 17. "When I was doing some filming for FOX news and Griffin Films, neighbors were complaining about items floating in their apartment."

Is this for real? If so, wow!

More...

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I have never heard of this guy until today. I read the full story and IO am quite intrigued. I will want to do some more research on this guy when I get a chance. Thanks for the link!

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 08:38 PM
link   
If it is real it needs to get made into laptop batteries ASAP, cause as it stands now the lifespan of a LT battery is rather short. Somehow I think this tech would already be widespread if it was real. What may be real eveutually howerver are batteries that can be recharged in 30 seconds

neasia.nikkeibp.com.../asabt/news/299678

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Widespread? Oh no, then the energy giants couldn't have their grey poupon.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I suppose he invented infinite free energy, but was not smart enough to find a market or a manufacturer.

Oooh neighbors said, plus I read it on the internet, it must be true.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 08:57 AM
link   
THink about it,

you invent a infinite energy source that only has to be paid for once.

no one will mind, im sure energizer and duracell battery manufacturers wont mind if you destroy there market.............NOT

they would have you assasinated right away.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I read something like this on the American Antigravity web site. The Hutchinson effect with the gellification of metals is REALLY cool. I am totally convinced that the secret to Zero Point Energy is the utilization of extremilly high voltages. Maby by pulsing them a certant way, or something like that.

I think ATS sould start a research group on ZPE. What do you guys think?

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 09:58 AM
link   
They can make lightbulbs that can last twenty years, but to do so would put those companies out of business.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Uh....yeah, that's made up. A battery that lasts forever with no recharging? That's infinite energy, that's not possible.

Quite useful that the only known display is in Japan, where nobody who reads this will likely ever go...

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by joe2548
THink about it,

you invent a infinite energy source that only has to be paid for once.

no one will mind, im sure energizer and duracell battery manufacturers wont mind if you destroy there market.............NOT

they would have you assasinated right away.

I don't think it would be just the Battery people that would be threatend by this. Oil Companies, electric companies, and the bankers and nations that support thoes companies would be up in arms if this "got out". That is there main control over the economy, and over the people of the world. If energy was infinate, then IN THEORY, there would be infinate amount of goods and services that could be provided by these machines. And the control of goods and services is the way that the rich stay in power. Take that away and they just have a bunch of numbers in a computer. It would destroy the economy AS WE KNOW IT. (which I don't think would be all bad)

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Mmmkay... a few things in the articles looked odd.

He (or someone) styles himself a "doctor" ... but he doesn't know how to do a replicatable experiment. I don't see any academic record ... so did he go to a diploma mill and annoint himself a doctorate?

He supposedly has Japanese support (and this in 1995) but theres' no evidence of these things being manufactured or offered from Japan. Given their interest in technology (and the pollution and energy problems), you'd think they would be out there in the market.

Several companies are mentioned, including his making money/living/etc with Dirt Cheap Toys. They're little flying UFOs... only... there's no such company referenced on Internet that I can find.

Various phenomina (including floating stuff) are mentioned... but he still lives in an apartment building? He must have awfully tolerant neighbors -- in most areas, he'd be thrown out for that. You'd think there'd be stuff from neighbors and so forth out there.

There's a lot that doesn't add up. My mind's not made up on this one because I'd like to see some proof that his batteries put out power with a constant load and lasted for years.

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Hutchisons Battery ripped off by DOD?

www.hutchisoneffect.com...

TITLE: Battery Optimized for Long Term Storage and Intermittent Use

REFERENCE INFORMATION:
- Ref #1: Available from CISTI, ISSN: 0378 7753 document delivery
available to DTIC SBIR Registrants at cost. Approximate cost: $30.
To order call (800) DOD-SBIR, or use www.dtic.mil/dtic/sbir/service_req.html
- Ref #2: Available from CISTI, ISSN: 0885 8985 document delivery
available to DTIC SBIR Registrants at cost. Approximate cost: $20.
- Ref #3: Available in libraries. Out of print, a few copies
available from Amazon.com.
- Ref #4: Available from CISTI, ISSN: 0378 7753 document delivery
available to DTIC SBIR Registrants at cost. Approximate cost: $30.
- Ref #5: Available from CISTI, ISSN: 0013 4902 document delivery
available to DTIC SBIR Registrants at cost. Approximate cost: $12.40.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Here are some requirements for the RRAPDS Battery:
- Voltage: 3.3V for right now. This could go down as low as 2V.
- Amperage: The max current draw right now is 50 mA if we are
transmitting at max power. If we turn off the power amp, this drops
to 12 mA. Receive mode is a bit of a hog, itself, weighing in at 31
mA. These really swamp the current draw of everything else.
- Duty cycle: At one time, we calculated that 98.5% of the time, the
system would be in a power-down mode (sensors and RF off, processor
in LPM3 drawing only about 1.9 uA). When the processor comes up and
is in active mode (the other 1.5% of the time), it will pull about
560 uA by itself. Now, you have to add to this the 31mA draw of the
receiver for, say, 1 msec out of every 2 seconds (or 8 seconds; this
is an evolving topic). If it detects a hail message, then the
transmitter will be running for however long it takes to transfer
data. As to the sensors, their draw is in the tens of milliamps;
but their on time is in the order of microseconds.
- Dimensions: Small, very small. Look at the drawings from the PDR.
This should give you an idea of a footprint.

Q: Is the battery rechargeable or not?

A: I know this sounds like our former president, but it all depends
on what you mean by "rechargeable." If you mean hooking a power cord
up to it and recharging the battery that way, the answer is "no."
Given where these things will potentially be stored, that would be
impractical, if not impossible. If, on the other hand, you mean that
the battery is capable of scavenging energy from its environment, then
I guess the answer might be "yes." However, if any of the offerors take
this definition, then they need to provide the mechanism for doing this
scavenging in environments where there is no light, movement, or temperature
differentials.
So, having said all of that, the short answer is "no."

Q: Can you give some idea on the size and the capacity of the battery?

A: The size is "small." Ideally, we would like something that is the
size of, say, a half dollar and about a quarter inch thick. But part
of the SBIR would be optimizing this size. As to capacity, roughly 98%
of the time, the device to which this battery would be attached will pull
less than 10 uA. However, there are other times (perhaps several minutes
in duration) where it would pull on the order of 200 mA. The targetted
battery life is 10 years. Calculating amp-hours is left to the student
as an exersize.
I have attached a spreadsheet giving the calculations behind my new
numbers. Summary: The majority of the time is spent in Sleep Mode,
where the current draw is 8.8 uA. The peak draw occurs during Data
Transfer with approximately 51 mA. "The battery should have an overall
capacity of approximately 2 amp-hours. It can expect to see an average
draw of 15 micro-amps with a peak draw on the order of 100 milli-amps."

Q: Could you be a bit more specific on the preferred battery type?
(From the references, we concluded that you are looking for a Li-ion
solid state rechargeable battery. Is it true?)

A: No to both questions. The subject of battery chemistry is wide
open. Whatever it takes to meet the requirements stated in the answer
to the question above (and doing it safely) is what we want.

Q: What are the temp ranges?

A: -55 to +68 C, 0 to 100% relative humidity, and shock hasn't been
specified yet.

[edit on 28-12-2004 by slave]

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Here's some more info on Hutchison, check out his website at

www.hutchisoneffect.com...

it's truely some mindblowing stuff, his batteries are designed to tap the casmir effect and make use of the energy just floating around us all the time.

There are a few video's he has on the site that should be seen as well.

--------------------------

guns.connect.fi...

Free Energy Battery

The version that John showed was made of rhodium plated polarized quartz discs bound together with a long bolt. There are also some different types of discs between. The array has been taped to a rigid spine holding it straight. "It gives 18 volts and a quarter amp. Tom Bearden instructed me how to do the metal plating on quartz discs."

Photo: John shows the quartz type battery and some drawings of it, taps the battery for a moment and the red LED starts glowing.

John connects battery leads to a LED. Then he starts tapping, bending and hitting the battery in a way only he masters as the builder of the experimental power source. After a while the battery comes into life and lights the red LED. The LED is connected to the battery without series resistor so the idle voltage stated as 18 volts apparently drops down to the red LED operating voltage of some two volts with load connected. "I sold a 55 000 volt type made to Japan. It was very well made. The owner is now showing it to audience".

Another type of John's batteries is the Electric Crystal which has been baked from natural minerals. "I like this one - it is so easy to make and the materials are dirt cheap. I have made honeycombs with 1 cc of material in each cell to give more voltage and current. Good ones that I sold for 35 000 USD gave 3 volts and one amp. I have made prototype for a 55 000 volt battery but it blew up. I have it on video."

Well, what he then intends to do with them? "Now I would rather get these batteries out of my hands to concentrate on further experiments with the Hutchison Effect", he states.

Cold Melted Metals

The phrase "Hutchison effect" is used except about John's levitation experiments also about these weird pieces of metal. John tells that the deformations have taken place in room temperature as a result of a complex combination of electromagnetic fields. Left above: Steel. Left below: Aluminum with coin marks and one coin inserted in the partially opened crack. Middle: completely cracked aluminum bar. Right above and below: Aluminum block partially cut open to show a piece of brown material cold melted in. John tells it is wood.

"Getting the effects is like opening an electromagnetic combination lock. I was actually so busy with adjusting the controls that I had no time to observe how the test pieces behaved in the combination of fields."

[edit on 28-12-2004 by slave]

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I was just wondering if anyone else finds this stuff interesting?

ANyone else researched on John Hutchison?

E_T

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
He supposedly has Japanese support (and this in 1995) but theres' no evidence of these things being manufactured or offered from Japan. Given their interest in technology (and the pollution and energy problems), you'd think they would be out there in the market.
Especially when considering fact that Japan doesn't have much power of their own.

Industry, the most important sector of the economy, is heavily dependent on imported raw materials and fuels.
www.cia.gov...

I wonder what that "tapping" means in this case...

Check no-battery flashlights:
www.coolflashlights.com...
Here's also little explanation.
theepicenter.com...

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 01:56 AM
link   
the tapping is the casimier effect

In 1948 Dutch physicist Hendrik B. G. Casimir of Philips Research Labs predicted that two uncharged parallel metal plates will have an attractive force pressing them together. This force is only measurable when the distance between the two plates is extremely small, on the order of several atomic diameters. This attraction is called the Casimir effect.

The Casimir effect is caused by the fact that space is filled with vacuum fluctuations, virtual particle-antiparticle pairs that continually form out of nothing and then vanish back into nothing an instant later. Alternatively, the Casimir energy (and force) may be calculated from the zero-point energy of the Fourier modes of the electromagnetic field between the plates. The gap between the two plates restricts the range of wavelengths possible for these virtual particles, and so fewer of them are present within this space. This results in a lower energy density between the two plates than is present in open space; in essence, there is less than "nothing" between the two plates, creating negative energy and pressure, which pulls the plates together.

en.wikipedia.org...

ps. thanks for that link (i'm going to get one of those flashlights)

[edit on 1-1-2005 by slave]

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Has anyone heard of Hutchisons battery?

Tom Bearden has come up with a MEG that generates 100 x input power so your laptop battery will last all day.

The Motionless Electromagnetic Generator (MEG)
Jean Louis has several devices described on his site at:

The Quest For Overunity

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 06:05 PM
link   
i was reading about this guy a while ago before this post appeared and he seems a bit flaky to me he actually admits somewher in his site that his antigravity device is actually the result of supercharged ions actually pulling air in fast enough to keep a small object airborn. If i could see definate proof of antigravity proved over and over relentlessly i might be less skeptical but i am personally of the belief he is a fraud or hes very talented with science and is mislabelling his creations because he has attained a certain goal and not truly looked into the reasons that the desired effect was attained. I mean look at the details on his antigravity, it has the use of several tesla coils precariously placed and some other elements that no one else has been able to reproduce.The most likely conclusion i think is that the guy is just trying to make a quick buck he has stuff for sale on his home page for crying outloud.

top topics

join