It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cain & Abel had Sisters; And They Married Them!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 08:15 PM
link   
If Adam and Eve were the first two people created and they had Cain and Abel, who did Cain and Abel marry?
Some have suggested there were other people on earth at the time, but that would contradict Adam and Eve being the first people. So how else can it be explained, besides alien intervention? Well according the Kebra Negast (see below), Adam and Eve had pairs of twins or that is the way I interpret it. Cain was born with a beautiful good tempered twin sister and Abel was born with a ugly mean tempered sister. With God's and Adam decisions and blessings, Cain married the bad tempered ugly sister and Abel married the good tempered sister...even more reason for the envy and hatred that caused Cain to kill his brother. It makes sense doesn't it? Could the Kebra Negast besides being an accurate history of Ethiopian Kings like Solomon and Queen Sheba, also be part of the total truth that the Bible tries to cover up or avoid talking about?

Kebra Negast
"And when they had grown up together, SATAN had envy of him, and he cast this envy into the heart of CAIN, who was envious [of ABEL] first, because of the words of his father ADAM, who said, "He who hath the good-tempered face shall be the heir of my kingdom"; and secondly, because of his sister with the beautiful face, who was born with him and who had been given unto ABEL, even as God commanded them to multiply and fill the earth�now the face of the sister who had been born with ABEL resembled that of CAIN, and their father had transferred them (i.e., the two sisters) when giving them [in marriage];�and thirdly, because when the two [brothers] offered up sacrifice, God accepted the offering of ABEL and rejected the offering of CAIN. And because of this envy CAIN killed ABEL. Thus fratricide was first created through SATAN'S envy of the children of ADAM. And having killed his brother, CAIN fell into a state of trembling and horrible fright, and he was repulsed by his father and his Lord. And [then] SETH was born, and ADAM p. 4 looked upon him and said, "Now hath God shown compassion upon me, and He hath given unto me the light of my face. In sorrowful remembrance I will console myself (?) with him. The name of him that shall slay my heir shall be blotted out, even to his ninth generation."

*The KEBRA NAGAST, or the Book of the Glory of the Kings [of ETHIOPIA], has been held in the highest esteem and honour throughout the length and breadth of ABYSSINIA for a thousand years at least, and even to-day it is believed by every educated man in that country to contain the true history of the origin of the Solomonic line of kings in ETHIOPIA, and is regarded as the final authority on the history of the conversion of the ETHIOPIANS from the worship of the sun, moon, and stars to that of the Lord God of ISRAEL.
www.sacred-texts.com...

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 08:20 PM
link   
well cain and abel could've banged eve......although that would be pretty sick

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 08:25 PM
link   
according to Genesis 4:17
"Cain lay with his "wife", and she became pregnant and gave birth to Enoch"

that is the only mention of Cain's wife in the Bible. where did she come from? if adam and eve were the first two people?

shortly after Eve had Seth, so she couldn't have been the mother of Seth and the mother of Enoch too..so Eve didn't sleep with her son.

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I got a crazy thought.. What if we decended from Primates =) and since we KNOW there was Cro-Mag man and we KNOW he is related to us very far back.

Then Adam and Eve Just doesnt sound real Plausible.

Even though its a great story of love.. oh wait no banishment , Incest and murder, yea thats the one =)

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   
One of the reason against incest is because of our twisted genetic code. The offspring may be worse off than the "parents".

However back then, the genetic code hadn't degredated, - as Adam was perfect, so with perfect genetic code incest would not be a problem. (This does not mean I am advocating incest at all, just that at that time it is not a genetic issue).

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Adam, Eve, Cain and Abel are symbolic, I believe. I don't think they were literal people.

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 08:41 PM
link   
yea. the bible is just another excellent piece of paper that u can use to wipe your arse with

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 09:16 PM
link   
even though there was no mentioning of it, there were other tribes in existence nearby.

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Well, actually, what about Lillith? Once Cain got the boot, he ended up in the same place as her. I don't much care for Abel, m'self... seeing as he ended up slab meat.

DE

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by silQ
yea. the bible is just another excellent piece of paper that u can use to wipe your arse with

Silk, you are an inflamatory idiot that an arse should be wiped with!

Cain and Abel weren't the only children by any means, but it obviously didn't have to be a sister. It could have been a neice by then. Somewhere along the way, there had to have been some bro/sis thing going by someone, but as Netty said, the genetic damage had not occured.

You know about genetic damage, don't you, SilQ?

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by silQ

Thist post did nothing to futher the discussion, why did you feel the need to post such a disrespectful comment? Must you show such disrespect to people who choose to believe in a faith system? Do you show the same disrespect to other religions? I don't understand why people feel they are justified in disrespecting Christianity...

Oh, and to add my input in the discussion.. I don't think Adam and Eve, Cain and Able, etc are real people. Like a lot of the Old Testament, they are stories. Now, don't take that as my religion being based on a bunch of myths, these stories have meanings behind them and give moral teachings. My faith isn't gonna be destroyed by some ignorant, disrespectful, jerk who decides he knows everything about MY religion (I'm not directing that at anyone in particular, but everyone knows there are people like that out there)

Q

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 01:51 AM
link   
That's one of my big problems with this whole biblical story of creation bit. According to this, either A: they're lying, and there were lots of people around, or B: The story is true and we're all a bunch of inbred sloth-people. Doubly-inbred sloth people if you throw in the whole 'Noah' bit. It takes like, 30 or 40 people at minimum to have a stable gene pool, and that is only with selective breeding for several generations. Personally, I view it as a symbolic parable as I think most people of faith do. If taken literally though, just think of the ramifications! I don't want to hear anything about a "perfect genetic code", that's malarkey! If you breed with your offspring, your children will end up on a porch with a banjo--period!!!! Even if you go farther out in your own family, the result will still not be good. I think that's a big part of why so many of the world's people are just flat-out f'ed up. In many cultures, the perfect bride is considered to be...none other than your first cousin.
It's just not right.

[Edited on 7-4-2004 by Q]

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 07:38 AM
link   
i'm curious, many of you mention that there were other tribes around at the time? How do you know this? Is there any ancient writings that mention other tribes? Point me in the direction of where to look for these texts, I would love to read about it.

adam, eve, cain and abel being symbolic? well yes maybe, but what about the others in the bible? Noah, Moses, even Jesus, could they be symbolic too?

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 08:00 AM
link   
If you believe in evolution, the "conundrum" is pretty easily explained with no fracturing of logic (as species transition from one to the other, they can breed back into the original stock and they're cross fertile with the other species for awhile (homo erectus ("parent species") and homo heidelbergensis ("child species") are what I'm thinking of. (as well as h. heidelbergensis and h. sapiens. And no, they couldn't breed with reptiles/dragons/apes/whatever. Just members of the homo genus.))

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 11:55 AM
link   
There was something about them being in a garden, sining, and getting kicked out. There were soldiers outside the garden already. Other people existed. I can't remember the rest of the story. Their children probably found other people.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Funny, Its seems 2 people have mentioned evolution as why they couldnt be inbred, But no one goes there in the discusion. It is a very legit part of this and makes a heck of alot of sense. Is everyone a creationist here?
Also one person who said this is a bible tale to tell a story not real, (Which I have been told by my priests all my life)

(BTW not getting on anyone for there belief of creation or any belief for that matter) just seems like people are skipping that subject

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 12:18 PM
link   
If they were literal people we must realize that the gene pool at that time was probably darn near perfect considering people were living 900+ years. Incest would not have been a thing to worry about at that time. If all offspring did come from Adam and Eve they probably had many children in that time period. I would speculate that there was marriage between brothers and sisters.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 12:18 PM
link   
well i brought this topic up to discuss the bible and explain bible mysteries, not evolution. If evolution is correct...then the whole genesis story and bible is out the window. my thought process when writing this thread was trying to explain what the bible left out or is trying to hide, AND I do believe that the Kebra Negast gives us a good explanation of what the bible omitted.

once again to those who say there were other people around, show me the texts. It seems to me, that this makes too much sense to some and it rattles their biblical beliefs??? The same book that is the word of god suddenly become symbolic in certain situations.

but i don't blame anyone for their beliefs, because the entire text is open for interpretation, my only problem is when people contradict themselves by saying "this part" of the bible is word of god but "this part" is open to interpretation or is just a story.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 12:31 PM
link   
If you look at the gene pool these people possessed as they lived 900+ years and you look at how many offspring Adam and Eve probably had it doesn't seem so absurd. The people spread out and covered the earth.

[Edited on 7-4-2004 by bugman5999]

[Edited on 7-4-2004 by bugman5999]

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 12:45 PM
link   
the gods made more than one adam and eve. in genesis there is two seperate creation accounts. and genesis,i believe, is drawn from some other ancient text, be it kebra negast or the mesopatamian text or all and or numerous others, wherein is told that initially there was one pair of adam and eve, and then they made another batch of adam and eves which consisted of three pairs of male and female.

but personally i would like to believe that cain and able were not symbolic but were actual brothers who were in close contact with the elohim. and apparently the elohim liked eating lamb chops more than broccili and brussel sprouts.

The Order of Cain

top topics

<<   2 >>

join