It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

By sheer probability, ETs exists.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Think about it, we are here. Space is infinite. Thus by probability, there are an infinite number of universes, and infinite number of Milky Way Galaxies, an infinite number of Earths, and an infinite number of you and me.

In a definite volume called the Universe, there may be only humans. But since space is infinite, the chances of having anything else on Earth in any other part of the Universe is 100%.

Infinity x probability = infinite expected value.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I agree that aliens exist too, but I think "space", as we know it, is just one universe. Basically what you are saying is that there are things in other dimensions as well? (can you have two universes in one dimension???). I'm a carpenter i'm way over my head here. Btw hilarious avatar.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by die_another_day

Yeah they do exist. a doctor by the name of jonathan reed proved it.
check the link to the thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
that doesnt mean they are/have visited us.But yes multiverse...so we are only one universe.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

above is another thread concerning dr jonathan reed.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by heyo

here is an entire series concerning the confirmation of alien life by a youtube member name odisealinker that provides ample evidence of the existance of alien life.

PART 1:
www.youtube.com...

PART 2:
www.youtube.com...

PART 3:
www.youtube.com...

PART 4:
www.youtube.com...

PART 5:
www.youtube.com...

PART 6:
www.youtube.com...

PART 7:
www.youtube.com...

PART 8:
www.youtube.com...

PART 9:
www.youtube.com...

PART 10:
www.youtube.com...

PART11:
www.youtube.com...

PART 12(A):
www.youtube.com...

PART 12(B):
www.youtube.com...

PART 14:
www.youtube.com...

PART 15:
www.youtube.com...

PART 16:
www.youtube.com...

PART 17:
www.youtube.com...

PART 18:
www.youtube.com...

PART 19:
www.youtube.com... ... 9&index=19

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by visionandtruth
reply to post by heyo

here is an entire series concerning the confirmation of alien life by a youtube member name odisealinker that provides ample evidence of the existance of alien life.

PART 1:
www.youtube.com...

PART 2:
www.youtube.com...

PART 3:
www.youtube.com...

PART 4:
www.youtube.com...

PART 5:
www.youtube.com...

PART 6:
www.youtube.com...

PART 7:
www.youtube.com...

PART 8:
www.youtube.com...

PART 9:
www.youtube.com...

PART 10:
www.youtube.com...

PART11:
www.youtube.com...

PART 12(A):
www.youtube.com...

PART 12(B):
www.youtube.com...

PART 14:
www.youtube.com...

PART 15:
www.youtube.com...

PART 16:
www.youtube.com...

PART 17:
www.youtube.com...

PART 18:
www.youtube.com...

PART 19:
www.youtube.com... ... 9&index=19

well I HAD plans..............lol thx. And btw I think aliense exist, I just don't see how we could have infinite universes inside one universe.

[edit on 27-12-2008 by heyo]

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by visionandtruth

Oh see we had a great case going until you brought in a known hoaxer to prove your point. Why don't reference Profit Yahweh and Billy Meier while your at it and this thread will be taken seriously by a whole 1% of moderately intelligient people. No really.. why did you have to involve names of people that it is of the wide opinion are total frauds?

Just curious but we had a nice thread til you pulled that in.

Here is just one link of many I could give.. but he is not worth more time than this.
www.ufowatchdog.com...

[edit on 27-12-2008 by NephraTari]

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by die_another_day
Think about it, we are here. Space is infinite. Thus by probability, there are an infinite number of universes, and infinite number of Milky Way Galaxies, an infinite number of Earths, and an infinite number of you and me.

In a definite volume called the Universe, there may be only humans. But since space is infinite, the chances of having anything else on Earth in any other part of the Universe is 100%.

Your theory assumes space is infinite... Which I dont believe we know for sure.

The funny thing is, by scientific experience, ETs doesnt exist. Why? Because we havent found a single one. Thus we cant put it into an equation or probability calculation. Its like trying to divide by 0.

Btw, your theory doesnt quite sense to begin with. Even if space is infinite, why does universes has to be infinite? And we KNOW there is only one Milky Way: that's why we've named it such. And further there's only one Earth, the one we're on. And there's only one of me and one you. Or at least there's one of me, maybe you got a twin or something.

If you start speculating into infinite dimensions well then I dont think one can use probabilities to define anything... Then everything, regardless of what you say, will be true.

[edit on 27-12-2008 by merka]

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by die_another_day

I think you have some of those definitions backwards. Space is the volume of the Universe. It is the area where everything (Planets, Galaxies, etc) resides.

Space is like the volume of an Ocean. Oceans are constrained by land or other oceans, but everything in it, is its ‘space’.

Regarding the ‘infinite’...
Well, we have to consider that our minds simply might not grasp the idea of very large things and spaces, and we might as well think of them as infinite. Especially since we can’t explore them fully.

Also, the Universe may be finite, but one traveling through it may never encounter the ‘end’, just like someone traveling the Earth. From inside of it, you can walk infinitely and you will never hit a wall, but from outside Earth we know it is spatially limited.

Lately more and more scientists are toying with the idea of the Multiverse. Perhaps our Universe is occupying some other space outside it, where other Universes reside, side by side, or even connected to each other.

Either way, I agree that the probability that we are the only living beings, taking into consideration the sheer number of Planets, Galaxies (and probably Universes), is very very very small.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari
reply to post by visionandtruth

Oh see we had a great case going until you brought in a known hoaxer to prove your point. Why don't reference Profit Yahweh and Billy Meier while your at it and this thread will be taken seriously by a whole 1% of moderately intelligient people. No really.. why did you have to involve names of people that it is of the wide opinion are total frauds?

Just curious but we had a nice thread til you pulled that in.

Here is just one link of many I could give.. but he is not worth more time than this.
www.ufowatchdog.com...

[edit on 27-12-2008 by NephraTari]

crap i watched 3 of those videos before i read your post....never get that time back.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
lol heyo. Its Okay, there are many of us looking for the real thing that have lost countless hours looking for it only to find out we have wasted that time and will never get it back, but we continue in hopes that someday that time will NOT be a waste.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
There is a possibility that the Greys came from a human race millions of years ago. The human race created an artificial intelligence to travel space. Well that artificial intelligence started rapidly growing exponentially in terms of it's thinking capability, and while in space, they "ran away" from their human creators and went off to invent time travel, bending space, tearing the fabric of space and time and entering alternate/parallel universes, and basically took over this universe we live in, since the beginning of time because they invented time travel and their minds never stop growing because they are a thinking machine, and there is no way anyone can "keep up" with them because they advance at a constant infinite rate.

^I thought of this the other night if they are not a biological being from the Zeta Reticuli.

But yeah I agree that ETs exist, I think some hard evidence will be presented in 2009.

And along the lines of advancing at a constant infinite rate, that could go along with the theory that some ETs are of a "plant type" origin.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...
DR JONATHAN REED ALIEN ENCOUNTER. A TRUE STORY.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by heyo

CRAP well you should have watched more since you are truly neutral and not biased to skepticism. OR ARE YOU.

watch more my friend and dont let your mind be swayed like a gullible foolish puppet.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by visionandtruth
www.youtube.com...
DR JONATHAN REED ALIEN ENCOUNTER. A TRUE STORY.

Dude, ever since you registered all you been doing is pushing this story into us. So that makes it even more believable

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I'm saying that this "Universe" which expands and collapses is FINITE. And this "Space" that the "Universe" is in is INFINITE.

Based on my definitions, there are an INFINITE number of universes. Space is just nothingness which is endless by logic.

[edit on 12/27/2008 by die_another_day]

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
by shear probability there is all of the planets that astrologers can see that we cant in the night sky and all of the planets that we can see in the night sky having absolutely beyond any shadow of a doubt......................no life on them!, its a no brainer, it is written in the Holy Bible....if the father wouldn't of put his life into this world then there wouldn't be any life here!, so we can be assured of the lives we live in we are the only life in the fabricate realm at least that we will ever see, because it also is written,......no man will ever be in another world, you can call off the manned mission to mars, it won't work out, and our country's motto is "in God we trust" but do you think thats going to stop the publicans!, no, billions will be wasted not to mention astronauts lives when we as americans owe it to ourselves to actually trust in God's word?!?!, given to us by his son, our lord and savior, Jesus Christ, the son of the almighty God, who died on the cross for our sins, that whosoever will believe in him will not perish but have everlasting life!, whoever does the work of the son of God will live unto a new heavens and a new earth!!!!, and that is how there will be life on another planet, you and I, because he loves us right back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by DesmoSedici

for a minute it amazed me how you came to such a conclusion.

sad part about your response is that you sound as if that of some true importance towards discrediting the story. see desmo, sometimes people read threads. and once they read threads and realize the only way to respond is by registering, than thats what they do. ala visiontruth registered to answer visionquest. how you relate me registering to responding to what vision posted is utterly inconsequential to the veracity of this story.
for a minute it amazed me how you came to such a conclusion.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join