It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scores killed in Israeli attacks on Gaza

page: 67
<< 64  65  66    68  69  70 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 05:05 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Originally posted by GamerGal
Except Jenin didn't happen, it was Pallywood. You would know that if you went to any thing I linked.

Jenin DID happen. It may not have happened as was initially reported, but it most certainly happened.

Battle of Jenin

On July 31, the UN issued its report indicating at the time the report was issued 52 Palestinians killed had been verified and it's possible that as many as half of them were civilians. The UN criticized the Palestinians and the Israelis for having exposed civilians to danger.

So while the numbers were different, the event most definitely happened.

Lets deny some ignorance shall we. Just because events didn't happen as one side would have portrayed, doesn't mean that they didn't happen at all, and to claim that's the case is the height of ignorance.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
THREAD REOPENED

Hi People,

I've reopened this thread.

Please - I'd encourage you to remain civil and follow the usual accepted norms here: Debate the post NOT the poster.

I certainly appreciate that these issues can become heated and passionate - but you all have the knowledge, skill and ability to discuss and debate them without stepping over that line into personal attacks and inferences.

If you feel yourself getting all wound up and just itching to issue a cyber-slap - DON'T.

If someone attacks you or otherwise, please 'Alert' it and let a Staff Member deal with it.
Thats what we're here for and thats what will keep you from getting pinged with any Off-Topic Warn or worse.

Thanks guys and a sincere Happy New Year to you all.

Cheers.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

What is ridiculous about the Israeli Pali conflict, is that it all comes down to Jenin, and who did what. This is the excuse to label Israelies as terrorists, and to therefore justify terrorist attacks by Palestinians. The same pattern repeats everywhere Muslims go.

Something supposedly happened, for which Muslims must extract revenge, which justifies all the horrible attrocities they commit, even using their women and children as shields.

It is the policy of do not forgive and do not forget, even if the supposed wrong was a lie, or you were as wrong as your supposed trespasser. It is the tactic of finding any excuse to do what one wants and to take what one wants.

You do not blow yourself up in a market place killing women and children, you do not kill those who join a cause which you disagree with, you do not go into hotels and randomly kill anyone of an ethnic group which you dislike, andyou do not kidnap and kill people because they are of a certain ethnic group, and kill them because of poltical purposes. These are acts of terrorism, and they are wrong, they are criminal.

Not only are acts of terrorism wrong , but the people who encourage these acts of terrorims are wrong, and are criminal, and they should not, and can not be tolerated by civilized people.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by savetimerushonline

There is something very wrong with people who excitedly anticipate world war. I don't care what the bible says, it's wrong. Do you really think Jesus advocated war? No, he didn't. I'm not a xian any more. I was a xian for 30 years, but in all those years, the message I got and the ethics of my heart tell me this is all wrong! Those poor people in the Gaza strip are enduring hell. What if it was happening to you? Would you be so excited by it then? Death and war are nothing to celebrate. Deprogram yourself so you can see what you are really saying. It's disgusting!!

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Israel will once again get away with Genocide!

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Salvatore_Rubberface
Israel will once again get away with Genocide!

But you cant get away with ignorance! Or Slander!

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
there is no such thing as slander if it is true, there are many people finally waking up to what is being done. The suffering of the people and the 300 to 1 killing ratio is sickening!

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS

There is something very wrong with people who excitedly anticipate world war. I don't care what the bible says, it's wrong. Do you really think Jesus advocated war? No, he didn't. I'm not a xian any more. I was a xian for 30 years, but in all those years, the message I got and the ethics of my heart tell me this is all wrong! Those poor people in the Gaza strip are enduring hell. What if it was happening to you? Would you be so excited by it then? Death and war are nothing to celebrate. Deprogram yourself so you can see what you are really saying. It's disgusting!!

im glad you have been enlightened and have seen the follies of conflict betwen humans,jesus's main message was just that,end the fighting and learn to co exist or forever be in futile and depopulative conflict!

we must remeber the context of the religious books,they were written in a primitive world of war, often by humans in order to control and futher thier own agenda,not everything in them is of divine origon,humans(or ais as i perscibe)have tainted them.
if we stick to the teachings of jesus all will be well!

if anything the end times of total warfare is the coming of the anti christ,to prevail we must prevent any such war and use it as a stepping stone to bring paradise to earth through co exitence,wisdom and knowledge!.

ever thought of the earth as a ship to go to the stars,to the heavens, i have and its pretty simple!,failing that we bring the heavens to the earth!

oh and an example of human hands in the religous books would be the banning of eating pork in judiasm and islam,this is because in them olden days tapeworms infested pork products and caused alot of health problems,thus some humans decided to decree pork was wrong to eat,and they needed the authority of god to ensure people abided,but now with refridgeration and and curing methods pork is no longer the danger it was and is damn safe to eat in most parts of the world!
they are many other such examples,and one must learn to understand the religois books in thier historical context,ie they reflected the world they were written in,and that world bears little resemblance to the one we live in now,lost in translation is an apt description.
i

[edit on 30-12-2008 by welivefortheson]

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Jesus's main message was to forgive.

Hamas needs to learn to forgive. Hamas and those who back terrorism put us all in hell. Hamas needs to stop with the war that they have again start.

Hamas is the group that refuses to live in peace.

People who are willing to randomly kill others, TERRORISM, because of a religion, create a constant state of war.

Are the people of Israel supposed to ignore the rockets being launched into their nieghborhoods?

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I have a hard time having any sympathy for the residents of Gaza. After Hamas fires over 6,000 rockets from Gaza into Israel, Israel finally decides to put an end to Hamas.

Are people who get injured or killed because they live next door to terrorists who fire rockets or order the firing of rockets at civilian targets really "civilian casualties"?

In May 1945, many Germans claimed they didn't know anything about what went on their local concentration camp. The American military commanders were fully justified in declaring military law and ordering the locals to work to clean up the camps.

The people who elected Hamas are just as guilty of firing the rockets into Israel, because they have done nothing to stop the "war crimes" of firing at civilians.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
reply to post by Majorion

Islam, in India, they are all Muslims who carried out the attacks. Kidnapping olympic athletes, blowing themselves up in market squares. These things are not acceptable under any reason.

Correction, there is a difference between where they come from. It was Pakistan and this has been confirmed by at least 3 independent investigators from 3 different countries.

The thing is ALL muslim terrorists come from an atmosphere of Islamic fundamentalism, either from fundamentally islamic countries like Saudi Arabia, Pakistan or from fundamentally islamic communities inside free countries like the UK.

Hamas is the patron of fundamentalism for the Palestinians.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
reply to post by neformore

What is ridiculous about the Israeli Pali conflict, is that it all comes down to Jenin, and who did what. This is the excuse to label Israelies as terrorists, and to therefore justify terrorist attacks by Palestinians. The same pattern repeats everywhere Muslims go.

For everything there is a reason.You do something in the past it affects the future if you keep on doing it.

Something supposedly happened, for which Muslims must extract revenge, which justifies all the horrible attrocities they commit, even using their women and children as shields.

The largest minority in Iran is the Jewish comunity, among them there are mebers of the Iranian parlament and senators with pure Jewish heritage.Take Palestine, Hamas may be extreme but that does not mean the whole Palestinian people do the same.When it comes down to it it does not matter what you are, you could be any rase.Everyone has temperment
and with temperment comes anger.Ever seen a dog wave it's tail? Lock that dog in a cage, give it no water and no food and hit it with a stick and see what it becomes.Same for you. I wonder, what would become out of you.

It is the policy of do not forgive and do not forget, even if the supposed wrong was a lie, or you were as wrong as your supposed trespasser. It is the tactic of finding any excuse to do what one wants and to take what one wants.

No, it is anger and hate due to the trainer wiping the animal, we are animals after all.It's no excuse.It's the fault of the one that smiles and then shoots you in the face peacefuly rendering you with out the means to fight.

You do not blow yourself up in a market place killing women and children, you do not kill those who join a cause which you disagree with, you do not go into hotels and randomly kill anyone of an ethnic group which you dislike, andyou do not kidnap and kill people because they are of a certain ethnic group, and kill them because of poltical purposes. These are acts of terrorism, and they are wrong, they are criminal.

If people can become that then there is something wrong with the world and with people that run the world as a show behind closed dors.If people are willing to do that then some one made them do it, pushed them to the level where they can do anything.Maybe pushing them out of their homes, crushing their homes, starving the children, abusing them, taking land from them and so on.

When the hell have you seen a muslim country invade other countries.
We tho do it all the time, look at the globe and take a recent history course.

Not only are acts of terrorism wrong , but the people who encourage these acts of terrorims are wrong

Dear poet, the people who encourage these acts are our very own leaders.
It's a training mechanism, they desire their presence.

, and are criminal, and they should not, and can not be tolerated by civilized people.

And so on.. that is what you are told.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   

It may or may not be the start to world war three but we know it will happen. How I pity those innocent children but then one must pity the deluded world not knowing who is really behind all this including who is really Hamas; Israel attacking Israel. Notice how bad things (includign the tsuami, probably HAARP induce) seem to happen around this time of year?

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
So what has israel achieved till now?

-Nearly 400 palestinians dead compared to 4 israelis.

-Hamas still alive and healthy firing rockets.

-Hamas probably have 1000 fresh new recruits signing up at the moment.So killing about 150 hamas members won't make a difference to it.

So at the end off all these 'IDF special operations' hamas hasn't been exterminated and probably will grow stronger.

So how has israel exactly stopped hamas from firing rockets in future?

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by t0ken

Exactly!!! Killing people bring only more hatred. They killed 200 Hamas people and 200 civilian and caused to recruite at least 1000 more member plus support of many people. If killing people would be a succesful tactic, the germans would rule all the world, since they killed millions of jews, gipsies, gays etc. etc..

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Ynet ran a wonderful article this september:

We must not forgive Iran’s president.

We must not forgive the despicable Jews who met with him and kissed him.

hows dispicable is that , a Zionist Jew state they cannot `forgive` a Persian Jew

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
To be frank, I guess that's what happens when you attack another country with rockets. They may fight back and they may be better at it then you.

Here's a thought. Stop shooting rockets into Isreal and maybe they'll stop bombing the hell out of you. DUH !

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Here's a thought. Stop shooting rockets into Isreal and maybe they'll stop bombing the hell out of you. DUH !

Maybe ehh? well how nice, MAYBE and IF were enjoying a free ride in the park.West Bank is "settled" by you know who, it's a calmer place.They make the rules, they take land and give it to the settlers in the middle of calmer conditions and since they make the rules no one can comment on it there.

Perfect example of what Israel really wants, more land.Then why not fight?

[edit on 30-12-2008 by pepsi78]

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by jfj123
To be frank, I guess that's what happens when you attack another country with rockets. They may fight back and they may be better at it then you.

Do u ever know the condition in Gazze? They have no water, nothing to eat, no electricity just becuase Israel shut down everything. Why would someone send rockets? You speak as if they are sending rockets just for fun or as if they are maniac fanatics. No they are not. Do some research. You and others.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I want to make a very clear point and show the results of so called peace with the Israely governing body.

It's all peace and quiet in the West Bank and everyone is happy.Make peace and move out of the way.
www.paltoday.com...

The Jewish population in the West Bank has grown at a rate three times as fast as the growth rate of the general population, said a 2007 statistics report published by the Ariel University's Center .

It should be noted the "Anapolis conference and the roadmap," had called on Israel to stop settlement, however, the Occupation government did not commit to the calls.

Make peace with them so they will peacefuly take away the lands that you have.West Bank is pacified by the pacifier that brings flowers and candy in the form of settlers, with love from Israel.

This just shows that nor peace or war will make a difrence.
When I see on CNN Israely oficials showing up all upset and humble because they do not want war, they want peace, to live in peace"by their standards that everyone has to submit"

[edit on 30-12-2008 by pepsi78]

new topics

top topics

<< 64  65  66    68  69  70 >>

join