It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scores killed in Israeli attacks on Gaza

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by masonwatcher

All the Hamas had to do was stop the rocket fire. Olmert begged them and they did nothing but escalate!

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 05:45 AM
link   
I'm glad I don't live there...

I don't know why people do live there. This world is screwed up. It's kind of hard not to have a bad feeling about another conflict happening...

Anyway, on another note, here's what Megadeth have to say about the Holy Wars. It's much better with music!

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by masonwatcher

A dull analysis of the situation. The conflict is not about God but a struggle for self determination. Unless you take a more learned approach to the Israeli problem and the geopolitical dynamics, kindly keep you limited comments to yourself. It is a waste of space on this thread.

Thought police your not.
This always boils down to some old guy on either side stirring the pot of hate and resentment and young people die!

They always die.

You can try and hide behind the old and tired view of an eye for an eye.
But I like many who have watched this situation go on now for over 40 years get tired of this old news

Both sides are acting like children. Color it any color you want it's still Imature and People die!

More cliched and useless commentary. This is evidence of a dismissive mind when there is too much information.

OK if that is the points you are making but you will have to back up your opinions. Can you kindly refer to any facts concerning the God aspect of this current assault on Gaza? Also who are these 'old men' fomenting hate and how are they achieving their ambitions?

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 05:47 AM
link   

When was the last time a Qassam rocket killed an Israeli. None recently. Tit for tat implies an equally matched opponents. That is not the case; it is a one side conflict.

The present situation is just yet another extension if ignorance that has been going on for decades from both sides! ok so now Isreal is the bad guy just wait in a few weeks or months the tables will be reverse AND then they are the victims.

It's always a case of one upsman of who was the biggest victim and now we have a right to " Defend or retaliate"

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Those stupid Kassams. Hamas Radio "155 now dead."

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 05:48 AM
link   

This little back and forth battle goes much further back in history than just recently. Both sides have carried this over decade after decade. It was so darned close to being resolved back in the late 70's but nope, and again it came very close to being resolved in the early 80's, but nope.

There has been, for some odd reason, the desire and drive to maintain this conflict over the years between Israel and Palistine. Where that drive and desire to maintain it is comming from..well thats anybody's guess and would make a good thread/discussion of its own merit.

I suggest everyone open up their history books to circa 1960 thru 1990 and review those decades and see the odd and sudden turn of events that thwarted peace in that region and continues to thwart it to this day.

School is now in session.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ufoorbhunter

You are very badly missing in your facts... Poor brainwashed.

Or maybe you are really one of those fundamentalistic Christians, Evankelist, or a Zionist... In that case, I condemn your acts against humanity, and its future.

My king will not be a banker.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Just some thing you might want to read

JERUSALEM – Israel moved closer to invading Gaza, saying Thursday it had wrapped up preparations for a broad offensive after Palestinian militants fired about 100 rockets and mortar shells across the border in two days.

Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak (R) shakes hands with Israeli Foreign Minister Tzipi Livni during their meeting in Cairo, December 25, 2008. [Agencies]

Israel's foreign minister brushed off a call for restraint from Egypt's president, and Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert made a direct appeal to Gaza's people to pressure their leaders to stop the barrages. But the attacks showed no signs of ending. By nightfall, three rockets and 15 mortar shells had exploded in Israel.

Related readings:
Flare-up dims truce hopes along Israel-Gaza border
Egypt opens borders with Gaza
Rockets on Gaza border, truce ends
Olmert issued his appeal in a rare interview with the Arabic language satellite channel al-Arabiya, saying Israel would not hesitate to respond with force if the attacks continued.

"I am telling them now, it may be the last minute, I'm telling them stop it. We are stronger," he said.

Thursday's rocket fire was far less than the barrage of 80 rockets the previous day, and there were no reports of injuries. But Israeli leaders said the continued fire, the most intense since Egypt brokered a cease-fire last June, was unacceptable.

One of the mortar shells landed at Israel's passenger crossing with Gaza just as a group of Palestinian Christians was going through on their way to the West Bank town of Bethlehem for Christmas celebrations, the military said. Another rocket exploded after nightfall in an industrial park south of the coastal city of Ashkelon, police said.

Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak invited Israeli Foreign Minister Tzipi Livni to Cairo to discuss the possibility of renewing the truce, which expired Friday. But by the time Livni arrived, she was in no mood to discuss a cease-fire, and she dismissed Mubarak's pleas for restraint.

"Enough is enough," she said afterward. "When there's shooting, there's a response. Any state would react that way."

In Israel, Defense Minister Ehud Barak warned that "whoever harms the citizens and soldiers of Israel will pay a heavy price."

He did not elaborate. But defense officials, speaking on condition on anonymity because they were discussing classified information, said the Israeli operation would likely begin with surgical airstrikes against rocket launchers and continue with a land invasion. Harsh weather conditions are hampering visibility and complicating air force missions, so the operation won't be launched until the skies clear, they added.

www.chinadaily.com.cn...

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

My thoughts are on the same line with you there. Glad to be living in Canada. The megadeath tune though....I prefer Bobby's tune

[edit on /12/27/08 by scar]

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I don't have a good feeling about this guys. Its seems like its going to be an all out war. Lets pray and hope the lives of the innocent don't get entangled in this mess. www.maannews.net...

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 05:55 AM
link   

When was the last time a Qassam rocket killed an Israeli. None recently. Tit for tat implies an equally matched opponents. That is not the case; it is a one side conflict.

Ahem, makes no difference those rockets are fired at Israel to cuase damage, death and confusion. It's like 2 people facing each other with guns, the first person fires and low and behold he misses, the 2nd persons fires and shoots him dead. Moral of the story is you don't wait for him to chamber the next round because he missed with the first. Hamas are incredibly stupid and purposely provoke the Israeli's into responding. Hamas incites the death of its own people at the behest of the Iranians to further whatever pointless political end. The irony is the Palestinians are too stupid or timid to tell Hamas enough is enough.

This last aspect of 'disappearing' is a psychological attrition tactic to gut Palestinian society. Historically Stalin and Pinochet employed the method of 'disappearing' an individual going about their lawful business to crush community spirit.

Really do you actually have and stats for this ? Or are you trying to fit a square peg into a round hole ? "to gut" Palestinian society you imply mass disappearances by referencing Stalin's Russia and Pinochets Chile.
The Americans in Iraq have probaly snatched and "disappeared" more poeple in Iraq than the Israeli's ever have - just some food for thought.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns

This little back and forth battle goes much further back in history than just recently. Both sides have carried this over decade after decade. It was so darned close to being resolved back in the late 70's but nope, and again it came very close to being resolved in the early 80's, but nope.

Exactly!

I'm so sick and tired of this. It always seems just as the moment of something wonderful happening somebody cranks up the heat and people die! It happens to be Isreal this time.

"oh no but this situation is differant"

Give me a break! An eye for an Eye is dead! stick a fork in it!

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zapataman
Lets pray and hope the lives of the innocent don't get entangled in this mess.

I hate to be dissolute and insensate, but I fear it is too late for that. The Middle East is still lacking a tutelage, but I do not despair because chaos cannot sustain itself.

Peace is an absolute.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Actually, IMO this major issue will never be resolved as along as Israel has it's way. Israel don't want peace, they want to kick the Palestinians out of their land and keep them confined to less and less territory as the years pass.

Remember when Clinton was getting close to establishing peace in the region?... amazingly at the same time he got caught in that scandal with that Jewish prostitute Monica Lewinski and was being set up for impeachment.

Remember the motto of the Mossad-- "By way of deception, thou shalt do war"

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns

There has been, for some odd reason, the desire and drive to maintain this conflict over the years between Israel and Palistine. Where that drive and desire to maintain it is comming from..well thats anybody's guess and would make a good thread/discussion of its own merit.

I suggest everyone open up their history books to circa 1960 thru 1990 and review those decades and see the odd and sudden turn of events that thwarted peace in that region and continues to thwart it to this day.

School is now in session.

Cheers!!!!

Unfortunately this is a one sided conflict. Peace treaties have always failed because Israel never honours its commitments. Have you seen a map of Palestine lately. Well those creeping settlements didn't appear over night. The last attempt at a peace treaty was the Oslo Accord which initiated a massive Israeli land grab to create 'facts on the ground' which is a euphemism for squatting. Israel even failed to deliver 13% of the 90% of Palestinian land it occupies.

Why the bizarre pie slicing? Well Israelis are pathological obscurantists. Overly complicated percentages shuts down the frontal lobes of American audiences. Of course the Palestinians would not stand for that bull so Israel turned around and said that they wanted to give land to the Palestinians and they refused. The Palestinians want 100% of their territory, plain and simple.

[edit on 063131p://am3154 by masonwatcher]

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Overlook to Israeli newspapers...

Jerusalem Post,

- NOT IN THE NEWS!

HAARETZ,

Palestinians: At least 155 dead, over 200 hurt in IAF Gaza strikes
www.haaretz.com...

Hamas: Gaza war is like Second Lebanon War
www.haaretz.com...

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Scores die in Israeli air strikes

I found some video of the attacks and the mess that is going on

news.bbc.co.uk...

cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com...

cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com...

www.russiatoday.com...

I will keep hunting for more video of the strikes

cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com...

[edit on 27-12-2008 by duffster]

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 06:07 AM
link   
The United States invaded Iraq for worse reasons then Israel bombing Palestine. The reason this is a big issue is because Israel has better tactics when it comes to war. The way I see it, the Palestinians have the power to
end this conflict. Give up the people launching rockets, help Israel and you will
receive help in return.

Israel is doing this in retaliation against being bombarded with rockets. Although the rockets haven't done as much damage as Israel's retaliation, it is the principal that counts.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

Missing in facts? Where? Just following news channels all round the world, not some fantasy land Jihadi website. We are reporting Forum for Breaking News aren't we?

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 06:10 AM
link   
BBC. "Israeli killed by Hamas rocket strike." Woops, they stuck lucky this time. That will not help the civilians living in Gaza one bit. When the suicide nutters start blowing up the buses it's going to get silly.
BBC. "Airstrikes continuing."

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join