It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hangar 84

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Is there any proof the roswell disc was taken to hangar 84? How did this whole hangar 84 thing start anyways?

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Well, I don't know what you would consider "proof". People have been trying to prove the Roswell story for decades. It probably can't be done without the Air Force rolling out a working flying saucer, demonstrating it, and declairing that this is what crashed at Roswell.

However, the Roswell story does include several stories about how the flying disc and the alien bodies were transported to Wright Paterson AFB. There are different versions, some with the flying disc, others with the bodies, but they all seem to agree on Wright Paterson.

This is the origin of the hangar 18 story, and it is probably the origin of the hangar 84 story.

The actual hangar at Wright Pat is somewhat of a controversy too. Most stories that I have heard have claimed that the flying disc and the bodies are in vaults under the hangar. The hangar covers an elevator that goes down several stories to the "Blue Room", where everything is stored.

There is another version of the story that claims that everything was at Wright Pat up until the base at Groom Lake was finished. Then everything was transported to Area 51, where it is stored in hangars carved into the mountainside at area S4, Squaw Lake.

There is a story that President Eisenhauer visited the site (Area 51) in the mid-50's. Once he saw the alien technology, he was determined to release it to the public. He was advised not to. So, he organized a group of 100 civilians to review the info. He would follow their recommendation. Most of the civilians were so freaked out about it, that Eisenhauer decided that the information must not be released. Later after the Brookings Institute released its findings, the idea of releasing the information was totally out of the question.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by King neptune117

I don't know where it did start, but i'll share what i've found about it:
in his affidavit dated April 30, 1991, Robert Shirkey, who was the assistant operations officer of the 509th Bomb Group in July 1947, mentioned the Hangar 84.

Robert Shirkey

AFFIDAVIT

(1) My name is Robert Shirkey

(2) My address is: [Retained for respect of privacy]

(3) I am ( ) retired ( ) employed as:

(4) In July 1947, I was stationed at the Roswell Army Air field with the rank of 1st Lieutenant. I served as the assistant flight safety officer and was assigned to base operations for the 509th Bomb Group.

(5) During that period, the call came in to have a B-29 ready to go as soon as possible. Its destination was to be Fort Worth, on orders from the base commander, Col. Blanchard. I was in the Operations Office when Col. Blanchard arrived. He asked if the aircraft was ready. When he was told it was, Blanchard waved to somebody, and approximately five people came in the front door, down the hallway and on to the ramp to climb into the airplane, carrying parts of what I heard was the crashed flying saucer.

(6) At this time, I asked Col. Blanchard to turn sideways so I could see what was going on. I saw them carrying what appeared to be pieces of metal; there was one piece that was 18 x 24 inches, brushed stainless steel in color. I also saw what was described by another witness as an I-beam and markings.

(7) Several days later, a B-25 was scheduled to take something to Ft. Worth. This was the second flight during this period: the third was a B-29 piloted by Oliver W. "Pappy" Henderson directly to Wright-Patterson.

(8) I learned later that a Sergeant and some airmen went to the crash site and swept up everything, including bodies. The bodies were laid out in Hangar 84. Henderson's flight contained all that material.

(9) All of those involved -- the Sergeant of the Guards, all of the crewmen, and myself -- were shipped out to different bases within two weeks.

(10) I have not been paid or given anything of value to make this statement, and it is the truth to the best of my recollection.

Signed: Robert Shirkey
30 April 1991

Signature witnessed by:
Lupe V. Sandoval

Note later added by Robert Shirkey to the above affidavit:

I have learned since making the statement (9) that, while I was aware of several people being "shipped out" on change of station, not everyone actually were that may have been involved with the incident aftermath.

www.abqjournal.com...
muller.lbl.gov...
www.skepticfiles.org...

Robert Shirkey Jr., son of Robert Shirkey, disclosed on a recent Art Bell show that Haut told his father, a good friend, about seeing the bodies clear back in 1989. Shirkey Jr., said his father also told him this in 1989. (Art Bell show, June 30, 2007, 3rd hour) Shirkey Sr. in his 1991 affidavit also hinted at this when he stated "I learned later that... the bodies were laid out in Hanger 84." An excerpt of Shirkey Jr.'s comments about being told of the bodies are below, including statements about the character of the men involved, whom he knew personally, having grown up in Roswell.

You can find the audio (and the rest of the article) HERE

Walter Haut was the public information officer at Roswell base during the Roswell incident of July 1947

Author and publisher of UFO Magazine, William J. Birnes revealed Walter Haut's statements regarding the Roswell crash. The statements, in a signed affidavit, were released last year after his death.

In July 1947, Haut said he was at a meeting at the Roswell base attended by Brig. Gen. Ramey where it was announced there was a second crash site, about 40 miles away from the one that had first been reported. Samples of the UFO wreckage were passed around, including a type of light metal paper and pieces that had odd markings on them. He said he was taken to Hangar 84 where he saw part of a craft, egg-shaped and 12-15 ft. in length, as well as two bodies lying under tarps, with heads sticking out that appeared larger than humans.
June 19th, 2007

roswellproof.homestead.com...
www.ufomag.com...
www.coasttocoastam.com...

November 2008:

Schmitt and Haut's daughter Julie Shuster afterwards revealed that the affidavit was drafted by Schmitt, with Haut's approval, after years of conversations with Haut. Haut then carefully reviewed Schmitt's emailed draft for accuracy, both privately and with Shuster present. He made no changes before signing in front of Shuster, a notary, and an outside witness. According to Schmitt, a doctor had just reviewed the status of Haut's health and judged him to be of sound mind. For Shuster's detailed comments in the September MUFON Journal about the process behind the affidavit, click HERE.

From 2002 SEALED AFFIDAVIT OF WALTER G. HAUT (page # 15)

(12) Before leaving the base, Col. Blanchard took me personally to Building 84 (AKA Hangar P-3), a B-29 hangar located on the east side of the tarmac. Upon first approaching the building, I observed that it was under heavy guard both outside and inside. Once inside, I was permitted from a safe distance to first observe the object just recovered north of town. It was approx. 12 to 15 feet in length, not quite as wide, about 6 feet high, and more of an egg shape. Lighting was poor, but its surface did appear metallic. No windows, portholes, wings, tail section, or landing gear were visible.

www.theblackvault.com...
roswellproof.homestead.com...

Of course, i don't know about the reliability of the mentioned witnesses.

[edit on 27/12/2008 by internos]

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
The memo makes no mention that the bodies were alien however

new topics

top topics

join