It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WWII Media style

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I was just wondering...What would have happened with WWII if the media was as large and all-present as it is today?

What would the world have done if pictures of concentration camps were showing up on the 6 o'clock news in 1939? What would have happened if the battles were reported on as they were happening, as this one in Iraq is currently? What would have happened if you turned on the TV and saw, live, the landing at Normandy, saw the picture coming clearly through of men having limbs and lives lost right before the cameraman gets it and falls to the ground, dropping the camera? That would be some powerful stuff! What would the world have done?

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   
it would be as heavily censored as it is today is the only answer i can think of...
They have film of things from wwii that they still dont release today...

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Personally, I freaked out when I saw the 100+ killed in the past hour story. Imagine if it was 100,000+ killed in the last 15 minutes? That would have quite an impact as well, I would think.

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 12:02 AM
link   
very powerful and perhaps could have shortened the war if everyone knew what was going on.

to add to what watcher said, things were heavily censored. Post nuke Japan footage comes to mind, it was held back for a while.

And speaking of Normandy, wasn't most of the footage lost from that event? Someone gathered all the footage, or most of it, onto one boat that sunk. I'm sketchy.

top topics

join