It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anybody else not care anymore?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
This election season managed to deaden me to interest in many of these subjects. About ten years ago I was really into the subject matter of this site. I researched the topics. I made connections in my mind between networks of people with power. I connected the dots and realized the web was broad and you could never tell who was good or bad, like counter spy activity in the movies.

Then, this election season occurred. By that I mean the last two years. I researched every night, probably watched 3 to 5 hours of TV and was online 2 to 3 hours each day studying the candidates. I grew disgusted and for the first time in my life I had my world turned upside down. I saw the good guy as bad. I changed parties...well I'm not affiliated, but I changed my vote.

I don't trust ANY of them. ANYMORE. And so, I don't trust any new source. I therefore find myself disinterested. I keep logging on to sites and looking for something to draw me in...but it fails to happen. I used to logon to ATS and peruse the day's posts like I was standing in a candy store. Now the post topics seem vacant or thin or uninteresting or so yesterday.

Can anyone tell me anything..a fact...a thread...a subject that might reinvigorate my curiousity? Anything that will reignite the fire to deny ignorance or at least to believe that I'm not reading ignorance? Thoughts? Kindred spirits? I miss caring.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
There really aren't any.

There are the anti Obama threads that usually end up with his supporters calling everyone who opposes him a racist.

or

The anti Republican threads that end up calling those who are Republicans racist for voting against Obama.

See you in 4 years.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   
If we didn't care we wouldn't be on ATS

We would be on youtube watching people light their farts.

[edit on 27-12-2008 by wrathchild]

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   
By george, we got another one!
The floridated water is working... Mewha hah ah haaa...

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 02:20 AM
link   
You look like a good candidate for becoming a Buddhist

Loathing at what people do is the key moment of awakening.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Losonczy

Sounds like you really have given up. What sort of thread would get you involved give us a clue?

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Heres some sites: The Presidential Election of 2000,The Created Constitutional Crisis by Ralph Epperson; theforbiddenknowledge.com; wake up america; liberty-tree.ca; globalresearch.ca; answers on yahoo; thetruthseeker.co/uk; local agenda 21 the un plan for your community Berit Kjos;
On the forbidden knowledge site sometimes page not found pops up just try it again. I think it goes to the vault site. I just found these sites yesterday

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Losonczy
I don't trust ANY of them. ANYMORE. And so, I don't trust any new source.

Don't blindly trust the politicians. Any of them.
Don't blindly trust the 'news' sources. Any of them.

You have gotten smarter - more street smart. Congratulations.

As for not caring - It's all out of our hands.

Tell the truth only if you are willing to die for doing it because that is what the world has come to. That's what will be here in the USA soon - IMHO.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 07:04 AM
link   

I know exactly how you feel. I feel pretty numb these days. I pop into this site and look over the thread titles and just feel blah. The election took a toll on me too and I've lost interest in lots of subjects that once interested me. The only ones that make me raise an eyebrow at all anymore are the doomsday threads. Maybe I'm depressed or something.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Seeker Mom

It is not surprising to see so many who are "numbed" by everything going on. That is part of the agenda. Numb them, then its easier to do their will onto the numbed populace.

My suggestion is this. Dont allow yourself to become entranced by the news, politician promises and their excuses. Pay just enough attention to become aware, but not so much as to become overwhelmed by their brain noise.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I think you just have a case of burn out. Don't worry about it. Take a rest - be brain dead for a while. Then one day something will trigger your interest and you'll be consumed again. In the 20 or so years I have been researching politics, history and such, I have suffered burn out several times. My brain just has to take a break and I don't much care. Then something happens that grabs my attention and I'm off again.

It never hurts to take a break from anything, esp. those things that really make you weary/sad/frustrated/depressed.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I agree. I remember that line from a movie and it go's like this.

When politicians are'nt lying and kissing babies......their usually taking you're money. How true it is!

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
DangerDeath said:

You look like a good candidate for becoming a Buddhist

Loathing at what people do is the key moment of awakening.

I should be going to the monastary right now and trying on my robe then.

wrathchild said:

If we didn't care we wouldn't be on ATS

We would be on youtube watching people light their farts.

Sometimes I go to video sites to see just that sort of thing, you know after being so bloody serious all the time, a person just has to let out their frustrations.

Seeker Mom said:

The only ones that make me raise an eyebrow at all anymore are the doomsday threads. Maybe I'm depressed or something.

Depression and feeling down are a major cause of dis-interest, sometimes doomsday sounds like relief day

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I ain't feelin' # in this world today. #'s been terrible. They got me bein' a drunk and pothead 'cause I can't take being told how to make a hamburger. Eat my dick America, I live in a place where ninjas karate kick you #s. Not really, these fundamentalist christians rule this #. Lol, it's not allowed to spell christians, but you can spell Christians with the spell check thingy.

top topics

join