It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian soldier killed, 3 wounded in roadside bomb in Afghanistan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Canadian soldier killed, 3 wounded in roadside bomb in Afghanistan

www.cbc.ca

KANDAHAR, Afghanistan - A roadside bomb killed another Canadian soldier and wounded three others Friday during a security patrol in southern Afghanistan.

The commander of coalition forces in Kandahar province, Brig.-Gen. Denis Thompson, said the soldiers' armoured vehicle struck the explosive in Zhari district, 24 kilometres west of Kandahar city.

"The soldiers were conducting security operations in the area when the explosion occurred," Thompson said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
This brings the total to 104 since 2002. I would like to thank all the Canadian Soldiers and all the Soldiers across the world. Because of you we are all safer. Thank you for putting your life on the line day in day out. You chose to do it and the world is a better place because of it. My thoughts are with all the families and friends of the fallen and the active. Again Thank You!!!! We all love you!

www.cbc.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
It's canada and the US in the most dangerous part of Afghanistan, just like it should be......you just can't thank these guys in the right way without coming up short.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
These kids need to come home,a new strategy is needed.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Another bright young life squandered for an endless, pointless, meat grinder of a war. THOSE PEOPLE SHOULD BE ALIVE !! THEY SHOULD BE HERE AT HOME WITH THEIR FAMILIES, READY TO DEFEND US!! We're CANADA for god's sake.... we're supposed to be neutral.
I could understand sending troops after 911, as many countries did. (did they know the USA had already amassed on the Afghanistan border prior to 911?) But all that has happened since is utter chaos and many dead innocent people, and most of us agree that the time is long overdue for a pull out.
I'm tired of seeing Gen. Rick Hillier get up on t.v and spew his horse crap about why we need to stay. It's not worth the cost of peoples lives! Not to mention how screwed up our troops are when they return, and many of them can't even get proper help.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by all2human
a new strategy is needed.

Agreed...

Like maybe...

Bombing the training camps into Oblivion...
Cutting off the Suppliers...
Stop putting our Men in the front line...
We have the worlds greatest Airforce for a Reason...
Our B2's should be flying around the clock...

We need to stop losing good men...

new topics

top topics

join