It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where are the HAPPY conspiracies?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Where are all the happy conspiracies?
It appears to me that ATS members are able to pick out (or perhaps even create) a conspiracy out of just about anything...so why are the overwhelming majority negative?
I mean, isn't it just as likely that the subliminal messages the government put on the TV influenced my neighbor to be nice to me today and clear the snow from my sidewalk?
With all the negativity in the world today, it might be refreshing to see some potential *good* things...I've always wondered why people always dwell on the negative. Must be human nature.
Excuse me now, I must listen to the control signals coming in from the nearby cell phone tower which are telling me to call friends and wish them Merry Christmas. And to think I thought all the tinfoil would protect me.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
In a sense, conspiracies are not suppose to be happy, unless the outcome is static (which means everything stays the same = happy). We deal with the topics that no one else wants to. The topics that turn people away and topics that billionaires discuss behind closed doors...

We are a unique people.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Happy conspiracies = oxymoron

sarcasm-filled denial = moronic

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by md11forever

Not too sure if it is possible. If conspire is the root word of conspiracy, then....

1. the act of conspiring.
2. an evil, unlawful, treacherous, or surreptitious plan formulated in secret by two or more persons; plot.

dictionary.reference.com...

Then what it seems your are asking is for an oxymoron (or something similar).

Anything happy that we discover and that has a way of connecting people or objects, sounds as if it would be geared towards the spiritual realm and oneness. Not so much as a conspiracy.

You are correct though. We need more happiness but we must find a path that does not harm others in the process.

Anyway. ttyl

EDIT: Credit for oxymoron goes to eldard since he replied first by a minute.

[edit on 27-12-2008 by Unlimitedpossibilities]

new topics

top topics

join