It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great Silver Heist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   

I constantly attempt to refrain from the discussion of politics in my examinations, as I view the left-right debate as a contrived distraction. The more important issue is the battle being waged by collectivists against individualists, which can be more easily understood by grasping the "Y axis" rather than the "X axis". On the "Y axis", totalitarianism occupies the top extreme and libertarianism occupies the bottom. For a graphic explanation of this concept, please follow this link and take the test.

If you have been paying the least bit of attention to the underlying theme of my rants you would also realize that I consider the "Dark Side" to be made up of institutional wealth in the hands of multinational corporations, the various banking cartels, and "Old Money" elitists that were not responsible for creating the wealth but rather are simply endowed with the ability to wield the power that comes with such wealth. These factions are, IMO, grossly abusing their powers and, as a result, selling out America. They are disrupting the course of natural evolution.

For instance, the natural process of food production has been altered through the genetic manipulation of seeds. This process renders the seeds with unnatural characteristics. This is primarily done, not to improve the various strains, but rather to enable the manipulators to patent the strains and control them in the market place for profit. The same thing is occurring in the pharmaceutical industries where known herbal remedies, which are free to all, are genetically altered, in order to sell them. The consequences of these alterations on the human body are dismissed as superfluous and unimportant.

The profit motive pervades every action of the "Dark Side." Don't get me wrong. I am as much of a capitalist as any good, patriotic American should be. I do not believe, however, that my profit should come from the detriment and suffering of others. Altruism plays no part in the "Dark Side's" agenda. World domination through economic control is their goal.

www.silverbearcafe.com...

This is a long piece but a good one. I think anyone with a savings account needs to consider getting out of the dollars they hold and into something tangible. Not only for the reason of the value loss in holding dollars but because it gives legitimacy to the fiat dollar. Read the whole article its a good one.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

Good one MBU. I especially enjoyed the HB's. It's a story that deserves more exposure imo...quintessential case-study on media-shapes-perception.

Probably 99.9% of those familiar with the Hunt Bros event...bought knee-jerk, the 'official' spin: Couple of wealthy Texans...tried to illegally corner the silver market. In reality, they were a couple of guys with enough clout & moxy to tackle the illegallly concentrated shorts...used the rules of the game to beat 'em. So what did they do...changed the rules naturally. You might already know that Sinclair was brought-in under Volker to liquidate their position.

“The Hunts Tried to Corner the Silver Market” Myth

Hey, I'll see your long read...and raise you one

Bernanke's Great Lie: The Gold Standard and the Great Depression

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Great article OBE1 yeah it took me awhile to get through it. What I love even more are the comments lol some people are funny. Great find man!!! I think you and me should just pass eachother good articles we find lol.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   

We'll have to watch the London & Comex opens, but Gold just knifed-through [880 key] resistance in Asian trade. Could be a trap, but after Friday's strength (Gold usually suffers a beat-down in thin trading), I'm cautiously optimistic that tonight could signal a genuine move. Goldman Sachs going net-long TOCOM last week...(first time in 10yrs)...may have been the tell....we'll see.

I think it would be a mistake to attribute all of the striking moves in PM's over the past two weeks to the sad, but serious state of affairs in Pakistan & the ME...add skittishness in the bond market & dollar concerns. The new fiscal policies in China & the Middle East = the acknowledged need, and determination to turn inward = foreign reserves held in the form of US treasuries unleashed to promote domestic consumption = billions of dollars repatriating to the country of origin . As it occurs, this event alone can spark velocity. Couple this effect with the expected knock-on from massive O'Bama ( I understand he was secretly born in Ireland) stimulus programs.

IMO, this, MBU, is what Gold is beginning to telegraph.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
The big banks have been taking delivery of gold from what I see. I think they are getting their chess pieces in place before letting gold and silver fly. There is not doubt and I mean no doubt in my mind silver hits $20 if not much higher next year. Especially if the US defaults in the summer which people are projecting. Im mostly in silver I dropped most of my gold for silver. I feel there is more potential there. gold will hit $900+ before the end of the year.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Also Venuzuela is seizing gold concessions...not a big story but as usual Im sure there is more to it than meets the eye. The story is on CNBCs site. I was looking at delivery charts and if Im reading them right it is showing the big banks like Goldman and HSBC starting to take delivery and slowly ending the shorting. Maybe the price manipulation lower was to just keep prices low long enough to get all their pieces into place?

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by mybigunit
Also Venuzuela is seizing gold concessions...not a big story but as usual Im sure there is more to it than meets the eye.

Anybody still holding Crystallex (KRY), or Gold Reserve (GRZ) could be in for a world of hurt. I sold the last of my country-risk miners a couple years ago. Bolivia, Ecuador, Venezuela...very dicey politically. My heart is with the indigenous locals, but if history is any indication, nationalized mining concessions in Latin America don't fare-berry-well.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by OBE1

Also Venuzuela is seizing gold concessions...not a big story but as usual Im sure there is more to it than meets the eye.

Anybody still holding Crystallex (KRY), or Gold Reserve (GRZ) could be in for a world of hurt. I sold the last of my country-risk miners a couple years ago. Bolivia, Ecuador, Venezuela...very dicey politically. My heart is with the indigenous locals, but if history is any indication, nationalized mining concessions in Latin America don't fare-berry-well.

Im out of most stocks period. Im only buying tangible assets. I dont trust how anything is going to play out in the near future. I want something I can look and touch until I see for sure our whole market isnt going to collapse. I agree there will be some people waking up a with a few less dollars in their pockets.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   

...not a big story but as usual Im sure there is more to it than meets the eye.

I forgot to mention the sub-plot MBU...the hostile take-over of the two miners I mentioned is a joint-venture: Venezuela Gubmn't and a Russian owned company based in Canada

Im out of most stocks period. Im only buying tangible assets.

Understand the sentiment MBU. I continue to hold active PM trading positions...and I'm buying a few select jr's here...prices are ridiculously low...if nothing else, Spring should yield some seasonality profit (highly speculative though). Aside from dip-buying a few coins & bars for my little boy's war-chest, and to use as gift's, I haven't made a substantial bullion purchase since the 06 correction.

new topics

top topics

join