It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Wind-WMAP anomaly

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Hello everyone, I was just browsing the microwave map of the sky as seen by WMAP in NASA World Wind and in the co-ordinates,

Latitude- -0.09722
Longitude- -84.9859

there appears to be a shockwave, which is symmetrical in nature, and I know that the patches correspond to the temperature differences in the parts of the sky which directly correspond to the early stages of stars and galaxies as they formed. But this shockwaave appears to be directly sitting on the patches itself, any idea's on what it might be?

Here are the screen shots,

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Just a guess, but would that be some sort of overlap in the imaging software? I've noticed how close it is to the exact center of the image.

Edited for spelling

[edit on 26-12-2008 by Deson]

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Deson

No, the shockwave is visible for that position alone and even if i move it to a view from the side it is visible, and i cant see this in any other region of the sky.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
You wont see it any other region becasue this "sockwave" anomaly is where all of the individual images come together when assembled to form the sphere image in the software program.

I think some need to go learn how individual square images are cut and overlayed to form a sphere image. Basic graphics 101.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

Just for your information, what you say will be suitable for the polar region alone, the region under note is not the polar region,

[edit on 26/12/08 by peacejet]

new topics

top topics

join