It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians ruined my Christmas!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Well my family is Jewish. and like most other Jewish families, on Christmas we do something like go out and see a movie together or something like that. Well this year we were going to see a movie, and when we get there there is a huge line up of non-Jewish folk (assumingly christian) to buy tickets. We only saw 2 other couples that were also Jewish (that we knew). So when we get to buy our tickets, the theatre is full and sold out. and thats how Christians ruined Christmas.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost147
Well my family is Jewish. and like most other Jewish families, on Christmas we do something like go out and see a movie together or something like that. Well this year we were going to see a movie, and when we get there there is a huge line up of non-Jewish folk (assumingly christian) to buy tickets. We only saw 2 other couples that were also Jewish (that we knew). So when we get to buy our tickets, the theatre is full and sold out. and thats how Christians ruined Christmas.

Um..you ASSUME they are Christian just because you don't know for sure they were Jewish? They could be of any religion or beliefs. The REAL problem, is simply that you and your family should have gone to the theater sooner versus later BEFORE the tickets sold out.
A belief, or a specific holiday, shouldn't be blamed for you missing out.
Honestly, it is my opinion that if they were true Christians, they wouldn't be out seeing a movie on the Holiest day of the year.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
On behalf of all Christians I offer you our apology.

BTW - They told me to tell you it was a wonderful movie. :p

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
So you are saying that you assumed they where Christians? What, Christians can't go see a movie while jewish people are going to see a movie? You are assuming they are Christians, when they may not have been. Next time get off your butt and go earlier so you can see the movie you want. What are the Christians conspiring against you? Maybe you should take it as a sign from God, that you needed to stay home and visit with your loved ones instead of looking like a mindless zombie staring at a movie screen.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I reading this and the first thing that comes to mind is that your bitching about nothing important and just stirring up crap. Your Jewish...what a shocker!!!

It's a Christian holiday for one and Christian's will be out celebrating it.

Secondly, If your not a Christian, why are you bitching about your Christmas being ruined. To you it's just another day that you can relive some other day. To Christians it has a meaning that you can never understand, hence your anger.

See the movie some other day and quit bitching!!!

I'll bet you never read on this website about a Christian bitching about the week long celebration that you enjoy and how it screwed them out of a movie....grow up!

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
JERRY!!! JERRY!!! JERRY!!!

I'm a victim!!! I'm a victim!!! I'm a victim!!!

I'm a drama queen!!! I'm a drama queen!!! I'm a drama queen!!!

Thanks,

I feel better now. I had my minute of fame!!

Orangetom

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
no i dont really care, im just joking around. this is BELOWtopsecret right?

[edit on 26/12/08 by Ghost147]

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost147

If you did not know that Christmas is one of the biggest days of the year for movies...

Many Christians go to Midnight Mass on December 24. That was a tradition at my house when I was young. Christmas morning is spent with the family and presents, so that does leave the afternoon and evening. Many people have a tradition of going to the movies.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost147

Well, I got the joke, and I thought it was pretty funny even though I'm not Jewish.

Thanks for the laugh.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
You just don't get into details on How they ruin your Christmas. Apparently I learned years ago that alot of people go to the movies on Christmas Day. Virtually everything is closed and just going out and seeing a movie makes my Christmas every year. Also a raining Christmas is also fun to have.
Now this is what I hate about Retail Stores and Thanksgiving. They Play Christmas music, and I don't want to hear it at all. I haven't had my
Turkey yet and damn it :bnghd: I want to hear U2 or something good to listen to that is not Holiday related unless it has to do with Thanksgiving.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
sirbikesalot06,

I know what you mean about the christmas rush extending into the Thanksgiving season. It is like an affront into my face. I want to relax and enjoy my time off..not be hustled into the next holiday while someone sets me up to empty my pockets. What an insult.

I also got disgusted years ago with all the merchandizing around the christmas holiday season. All the holildays actually but particularly christmas...what a hustle. I am just not into being hustled in such a manner. It is like someone putting me unwillingly on a treadmill..against my will and over my objections.

I finally made up my mind to cut the strings..cold turkey. Never regretted it since.
I am not against buying people presents if you decide to do so...that is the buisness of others not me. I just have nothing to do with this custom and tradition...for other reasons as well as those described in this post.

The music played at that time of year reminids me of how glad I am that I gave it all up.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Really?

Where do you go to the movies at?

The movie theater in my town persecutes Christians on Christmas. I wasn't allowed in last year on Christmas Day because I didn't look "jewish" enough.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Going to the movies on Christmas day is a pretty common tradition after opening presents in the morning....

That's the reason for the crowds...it's a day off work, and nothing else to do! Why do you think they're open in the first place???

top topics

join