It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Montauk Project- my opinion and anecdotes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I was inspired to start this thread by the following:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The Montauk Project is one of the first things, if not the very catalyst, that sparked my interest in suppressed knowledge and technology.

In short, I believe that government and/or military-sanctioned activities of a secret nature, occurred and/or are still happening, at the Montauk AFS/Camp Hero. What those things were (or are), I do not know.

I have read all of the Montauk books as well as everything I can find online about the topic. I have been an amateur radio “nerd” since I was old enough to spin the analog dials on shortwave receiver, so the entire concept is interesting to me on a hobby/science level as well as a darn good story of a possible cover-up.

To save space from extensive cutting-and-pasting, please reference my post on the following thread, at the bottom of this page:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The stories in that thread were told to me back in the mid-1990s. Since then I have had two other encounters with people who have reinforced my suspicions that something unusual took place at Montauk. I chose my words carefully; I am fairly certain that something strange happened there, however I have not heard nor seen anything to convince me that it involved time travel, alien beings, or any of the other myths surrounding the base. I have never told anyone the following two stories but I figure the ATS crowd is the best audience I will ever get, and that perhaps some intelligent questions and ideas will come from these stories.

The first story I want to relate is not much, and I choose to leave some details vague just in case someone reading this recognizes something and is able to figure out my identity (as with everything I post on ATS). My parents lived on Long Island during the time of some of the alleged Montauk activity. My mother had a relative who had something to do with the base; all I remember is that he was a WWII veteran and after leaving the military he worked as a civilian for some defense contractor on Long Island . He died when I was young, but I met his wife at a family gathering about ten years ago. She was discussing her husband and I steered the conversation around to his military service and civilian career (purposefully fishing for details or mentions of the base). She never mentioned the base, so I decided to come right out and ask her point-blank, something to the effect of: “Wasn’t there some sort of military base at the tip of Long Island , where they did all kinds of strange experiments?” I will never forget her response, it was simple but sent chills down my spine. She said, “oh yes, he had many sleepless nights about things he saw (note: she may have even said things he DID at the base, I do not recall exactly) at that base, I know what you are talking about. But he never told me a word about what it was that bothered him.”

The second story is more interesting but could amount to nothing. I worked for a small town police department in Massachusetts and one of the older members of the town’s fire department was a former career USAF radar person. I do not know exactly what he did, I just know that he had an impressive education (at least two Master’s degrees in things related to radar or RF science) and allegedly refused a commission because he liked doing hands-on things as an enlisted man and did not want to become a desk jockey. He used to sit and talk with me for hours at the VFW after work, telling me all kinds of places he went and systems he worked on. Interestingly enough he mentioned Thule , Greenland , a lot, and I know that name is tied in with the Montauk project stories and the Vril, etc. I don’t recall exactly how it fits into the puzzle, but I digress—those who have read the books know what I mean. Anyhow, he loved talking about radar and RF, and it was easy to get him to discuss the SAGE system among many others that he worked on. However when I tried to approach a discussion of Montauk, something interesting happened.

I have to sidetrack for a moment here. I read somewhere about a General in the first Gulf War (1991) who was asked about psychological warfare by a news reporter, and instead of a direct reply the General completely shifted topics as if programmed to do so, and began discussing Maxwell House coffee.

Back to my story about the ex-USAF gentleman. One day I moved the conversation toward SAGE radar sites and listened as he talked about the sites and the system in general. We had been talking about radar and RF for hours, as usual, so I asked him about the SAGE facilities that had been in the northeast, as if it was just part of the conversation. He made a general reference to New York and just kept talking like always. I brought him back to the subject of SAGE radar in NY, and asked him if he had heard about a base where unusual experiments were conducted and strange things were rumored to have occurred. He thought for a couple seconds, then suddenly his face and physical demeanor changed. I swear it sounded as if he was programmed, in fact “programmed” is the perfect term for his reaction; his body shifted and he stared kind of blankly with a poker face, and began talking about how his son was supposed to change the windshield wipers on his car that evening. I remember it as vividly as if it happened yesterday. It was the only time I had ever heard this man, to whom the subject of radar was near and dear to his heart, change the subject away from a discussion of radar or RF science. This guy lived and breathed radar and amateur radio, and to see him want to change the subject so drastically left me speechless. I never attempted to approach the topic with him again.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Hello RainMaker,

So it seems same people around you over the years have had some direct knowledge of things going on at that base. Like you I , too hope that someone else out there with similar first hand knowledge as your past acquaintances had, will come across this new Montauk thread and feel compelled to post and provide you with a new contact that can and will provide more detailed information on whats going on there, or was, and give us all some new content on the subject of Montauk.

May I make a suggestion? Why not post something to the original thread on Montauk that prompted your new thread, and encourage anyone wanting a more openminded forum in which to discuss Montauk to post here, and provide a link to this thread? A cross-post on that thread encouraging others to come forward, and a link to this one might prompt someone with direct Montauk info to be more willing to share information here, since the author and op of that thread stated right up front he is totally skeptical of everything he's read regarding Montauk thusfar. Your post on the other hand makes clear you would welcome and encourage people with first-hand direct information about Montauk and similar phenomena (like my "rabbit hole" experiences in Ellijay Ga ) to come forward and post here with out fear of ridicule, at least from the op. I, for one, would never post anything whatsoever regarding my "rabbit hole" experiences in the other thread, but I may do so here because I know people with firsthand experiences would be better received here than there. I already know you are just seeking out the truth without an eye towards skepticism.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Hi, therainmaker...

Your stories are interesting but do you have any suspicions of the type of activity at Montauk?

I ask because their are several different thoughts as to what has gone on there.

At any rate, your projections would be welcome...

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by spannmark

Hi rainmaker,
this case also started me on this site. It is very compelling and I really want to thank you for some fresh accounts on the topic. However spannmark a bit of skepticism is definatley needed to sort the wheat from the chaft in this story. But never the less I am all for researching this as well and offer my hat if you need it. I am pretty well versed in the stories surrounding Montauk and The philly experiments so if you need a sounding board or anything else please feel free to U2U me.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I am happy to see others on this site talking about Project Rainbow, better known as the Montauk Project. I will start off with the fact that I have never been there, to the best of my memories, but then again those memories could have been manipulated. My Father was in Naval Intelligence during the 1950s and 60s, and for some time he was stationed at Camp Hero on long Island. Before he died, he related to me a lot of information about the project, what it entailed, and about the monsters who ran the project. These people found out a way to manipulate time itself, and to travel ahead and back in time. no, I know what you the reader are thinking, that I am a crazy man who really needs to get back on Prozac, and if that is what you think, stop here and read no further.

The project is dead now, to the best of my knowledge, but there are deep underground tunnels and bases under Montauk Point, this can be verified by the rocks that are present there. They had been digging for a very long time, and I am of the belief that the entire project went underground, and is still in operation, coupled with, and I may be wrong about this, with the HAARP array in Alaska.

These men who ran the project were, by definition, Nazis and other scum of the Earth, their funding came from the military at first, after all, what army wouldn't want a weapon that could stop an enemy in it's tracks? What that was stopped by a Congressional investigation, the funding came from other sources, some of it Nazi gold. they figured out a way to take a man's thoughts, and make them appear on a computer screen, and later, to actually travel in time. thousands of young boys were sent into time, never to return, many more were sent to different places in time for reasons unknown. The project culminated in 1963 when a time rift was created back to 1943, and as far as I know this, and the creation of a "Beast" by one Preston Nickols, the psychic who sat in the "Montauk Chair," a chair stolen from an alien craft. the computer system they used was a crystal based computer, again from an alien design, and another thing I was told is that in a deep underground room there is an actual UFO that was trapped there by one of these experiments.

People have a right to know this story, all of it, much more than I can tell, for I know very little, only that through my Father, I am connected somehow with the project. I offer no "evidence" that any of this really happened, nobody can, for there is none that I know of. The Sage Radar tower and dish is still there, and power lines still run into there, so, something is going on, according to a friend who lives on Long Island who goes out there on occasion. the place is guarded by "Park Rangers," I would bet they are more than that.

My father died in 1992, his body was taken from the morgue by person or persons unknown, as was his brother who died in 1994. I can remember things that happened many years ago that I never experienced, and cannot explain this. There is something there to this day, and people really need to find a way to force the government to come clean on all these secrets, including the fact that we are being visited by beings from other planets.

Don't ask me for any more details, none will be forthcoming, and again, I have no evidence to back up anything I said. I told this so that maybe others would come forward with their stories and memories of these things. I know there are more of the so called "Montauk Boys" out there. This story needs to be told.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies, I have been quite busy lately with family and holidays and not getting onto ATS as much as I would like to.

Mark that's an excellent idea about cross-posting, I will work on that right away.

autowrench thank you for your input. Again it seems that strange events and information of all types keep popping up in relation to Montauk.

I remain completely open-minded and frankly my policy is not to believe anything, or disbelieve, until I have seen some proof for or against something, with my own eyes. Anecdotal evidence is very valuable in building my opinions on speculative things such as the Montauk Project, and at this point (as I stated above), I believe that something unusual, and of a secret nature, occurred there, I just do not know what it was. Or shall I say...I have not been presented with enough evidence to render a judgment of any kind. The Montauk books are interesting, but are only one piece of the puzzle and may be published with profit in mind more than disseminating information. The books may tell a very interesting story and give me food for thought, however I do not take anything in them to be guaranteed 100% true.

I would love to have people share more evidence, again even anecdotal/rumor type information can be added to the mix, so that we can all work towards some collective educated guesses on what occurred at Montauk.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Hi again rain, I saw you posted on the "other Montauk" thread...lol. Did you ever get a chance to see the interview I posted in that thread? If not Here's a linky:thread link---look for djvexd entry
It is a little long (9parts and about 90 minutes) but can give you a better insight into the minds of the "players". If you have then disregard or refresh your memory...lol. While electromagnetism has profound effects on the environment and is still not fully understood I think the accounts of Nichols and Bielek seem a little out there and tend to simplify the role and effects of EM on items. But I am no physicist so who knows. Some of it seems credible, just not enough info to say one way or the other. Although in this interview Nichols acts like he is on a stimulant like coc aine or meth. (That is just my opinion from my experiences with the substances.) I could be WAAAAY off base but JM2C.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
it's so very interesting. reminds me of the latest release of manchurian candidate w/densel washington when the soldiers hear a word or name they repeat the exact same story; and, also it reminds me of barbara bush in this video www.youtube.com...

i am awaiting more.

starred and flagged

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Hi, I posted some knowledge I had on another thread but no one ever replied. My last personal visit to Montauk was a little over a year ago and even though it creeped me out during my last visit the place is like a magnet. You can feel within yourself when there that things are 'different'. It's hard to explain.
The base in Montauk is still partially active. Though some current research and training are being done at a base in Sag Harbor. But because of the geographical/grid location or whatever you want to call it certain experimentation can only be done in Montauk. My father worked out there from the mid 70's until he died in1980. I didn't know this myself until two years ago. As soon as the information was divulged to me I was told 'now you know the truth, so we never need to discuss this again'.
The best i can tell you is 75% of what you read on the net about Camp Hero is true. We as citizens really don't have the control or freedom that we think we do. We as people are indispensable to 'them'. Having children of my own and knowing now some of the 'truths' makes me very scared for the future.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by CRDLYD

hi CRDLYD. the OP works full time and has yet another job he fills as well. there is little time spent on the computer. please be patient and the OP will respond. you can also go to his profile page and put in a comment as you are not able to send a u2u yet. when you obtain 20 posts (i think) you will be able to send a u2u (private message). and notification of that u2u message and the profile comment will be highlighted on the menu toolbar.

i do understand about feeling things are different. i discovered a underground military infrastructure in the north georgia mountains in a little sleepy town called ellijay, georgia. www.abovetopsecret.com...'

i believe it is a FEMA underground storage facility.

there were many, many unusual happenings.

no we do not have control and this has been going on for some time now. and i do believe 2009 will be the year when all hell breaks loose in the united states of america.

thanks for your post. therainmaker will answer you soon.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Techniques used by Dr. Cameron and previous Nazi scientists include electro shock, sleep deprivation, memory implantation, memory erasure, sensory modification, psychoactive drug experiments, and many more cruel practices. Project Paperclip brought us MK-ULTRA.
greyfalcon.us...

discussed further at www.abovetopsecret.com...

do you suppose MK-ULTRA is at the bottome of this?

[edit on 11-1-2009 by musselwhite]

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Thanks for that link DJVEXD, when I get some time (maybe on the weekend) I'm going to listen to / watch that link. I have shared with only a few people, mostly in non-public forums, that I am hyper senitive to EM in all of its forms and manifestation. I can "hear" the weather engineering operations when they are being conducted, I can echo-locate radar and microwave/cell phone transmitters with my eyes closed, and "feel" subterranean sub-sonic EM rumblings (like the TAOS hum phenom) virtually everywhere I go on planet earth and damn near 24/7.

So to say I have a vested and personal interest in all things EM is an understatement.

I'll post my responses here once I've had a chance to visit the links.

Thanks for your input

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Hmm the ip recorder lol.

Anyway to get people to snap out of mind locks you must be clever and short circuit the routine that keeps feeding on other routines in the mind.
Generally you can do this using happiness, the human mind loves happiness, beauty. The brain loves being happy, the mind loves being happy, the body loves being happy, it hates being denied happiness. You must get good at writing stories and thinking them up on the instant, at referring to historical things, exude confidence and trust. Do not try tricking people, mind locks are specifically set up to detect that and shut the tricker down. You must instead make the person slip up and generate a routine that the mind lock can't deal with or is not used to dealing with. You must not let the person know you have noticed the slip or the mind lock might also notice it and adjust.

All personnel that have been involved in these advanced science horrors have been either mindlocked and given an illusion of doing something else, been deemed able of keeping the secret(this is really going out of style as it has proved unreliable), are still in the pipeline and can't afford heavy mindlocks to be placed on as it affects their work, have been born into the program and no nothing else except the mission(mind knows nothing of the world most of the population of the earth knows off and does not percieve it the same). Either that or they have been killed. Now to be killed means different things. Some have had their persona locked and a new one put in place(these people wind up in new places and usually have a mundane job that belies their intellect) and all the work they did in these science horrors covered up and locked away in their mind with new mundane information and memories to take their place. They kill the person they became through working in these projects. Then there are the people who are disappeared from this reality( they figure hell why not we busted reality up so much what is another punch to its fabric). There are people whose existence are currently integral to this reality until they can figure a plausible way and time to dispose of them.

By the way 2012, really a convergence of all the things that have been going wrong. Runaway technology, philosophy, religion, space relations. It is all going to converge. Artificial intelligence(unfair to call it that admittedly was stupid to give it an inferiority complex), aliens, time travel, cosmic beings, superhumans, retroviruses, electromagnetic superweapons, rampant free radiation, time and reality distortion, the demons of lore in the flesh. Sounds like a bad comic book, but all comic books really were was an outlet for the conciousness of the people who worked on these projects to dump some sort of truth, they merely put ideas into the writers heads, no wonder why there are so many bad comic book ideas out there and no really fresh new ones(because all of this is still ongoing nothing has changed so the old ideas still stick). 2012 is up for grabs and nobody knows the outcome, time and space become murky after that, it is the last anchor point currently for any solid connection with time and space. This is why people from times after that try their best to get here and then to some other time in history in other parts of the universe, this very gradually affects localised time and space in other parts of the universe so it is important that these time refugees find a distant galaxy that is mostly unihabited to live or arrive before certain species can evolve on certain planets to become the dominant lifeform.

In closing it has all become very complex and convoluted. The continuities of multiple universes and levels has become so disjointed that maybe it isn't worth keeping and we should all give up on it.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by therainmaker

I posted this in an older montauk thread, but I don't think anybody saw it..... one day I'll probably post my own montauk thread because I've researched the subject extensively, I've read every single book in the series written by preston nichols, 1,2,3 music of time & encounter in the pleiades, those are the 5 books written by preston nichols on the subject, since the source of the montauk project is from 1 human being, that being preston nichols, I pretty much have zero respect for anyone claiming to be a part of the project if they aren't preston, I don't even believe duncan cameron, peter moon or stewart swerdlow, because those people have very leeching properties about them, and I've researched this subject probably more than anyone on this forum, I hate to brag, but I used to be die hard into this subject to the point that I got a D in a class because I was posting on the now defunct montaukproject dot com message boards, on those boards preston nichols himself did post a few times, along with peter moon, the boards got out of hand with spammers probably plants, and the site was taken down, anyway... this is from my most recent post on the subject...

Unlike most montauk project researchers I actually contacted the former commander of the base and other former employees,

Because they aren't selling anything I tend to believe them over the sensationalized conspiracy books,

Basically the commander and former military employees said there were no drugs there except the occasional pot smoker, nothing bizzare went on there at all during the late 70s and the 80s, the time frame in which the project supposedly took place, they didn't know Nichols and they said nothing other than being a radar afs protecting the skies no experiments took place let alone time travel.

"The commander was unaware of the chemical testing that took place there during the 50s or 60s, and toxic waste was stored there in some of the bunkers according to a government waste materiel site." ---(These things I researched and found out independently, I could probably find the government websites again if I looked but they might no longer exist)

As much as I'd like to believe something amazing took place there as interesting as time-travel, I don't think anything happened, I believe the inspiration for the story was a combination of Preston Nichols remembering his past and Peter Moon taking advantage of Nichols and using Camp Hero as the setting for the story, Peter Moon owns the book company that published all the books and he co-wrote (edited) them all, he's an ex-scientologist deep in the occult, such would be the background of someone I'd pretty much have zero respect for, credibility wise, supposedly Aleister Crowley performed a secret occult ceremony directed towards Montauk Point and Camp Hero, Peter Moon being a fan of Crowley, perhaps the montauk project itself is his way of honoring Crowley and/or L. Ron Hubbard by furthering a deception. Even though he's an ex-scientologist he only speaks highly of him in the books, just thought of it but Vince Barbarick aka Peter Moon probably changed his name just like Crowley did, probably for the same reason.

Another BIG reason the montauk project is all foolishness, is the source of the montauk project, The Philadelphia Experiment, which was a story invented by Carlos Allen aka Carlos Allende, there's a good youtube documentary of a guy who tracked down Carlos Allende's father, who admitted his son was a storyteller, admitted the story was fabricated, the guy had a good imagination, but the Philadelphia Experiment for anyone who has researched it in great depth did not happen, but I wouldn't expect anyone to believe me unless they did equally as much research.

At the same time perhaps something strange went on with Nichols, a form of mind control, I don't know but mind control is much more possible than time travel, I contacted Nichols as well and got some information about his story never published, because I want to believe it's true but the facts clearly show time-travel experiments never occured.

[edit on 17-1-2009 by Razimus]

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by therainmaker

Sorry for not reading your story in detail before replying, very interesting story, if any unusual experiments took place at montauk, I believe mind-control would have been it. Preston himself admits he was programmed and brainwashed, this is a theory I've had for a while, and I'm sure most montauk fans have thought of it, maybe not, but I believe time-travel to be the most insane thing in the world to believe in, that is the ability to actually open up a wormhole and go into the past or present, it's literally the most unprobable thing humans will be able to achieve, a god maybe, but not man, unless we had some type of unlimited energy source, a god-like power, Michio Kaku says we basically need unlimited energy, or such a massive ammount of energy that we'd need a machine the size of a galaxy to open a pinhole sized wormhole, so the equipment supposedly at Camp Hero that was used to supposedly time-travel doesn't fit for me, I don't think time-travel took place there.....

What I'm getting at is, I think time-travel is just one of the crazy things they programmed people into believing, if you were testing out a new mindcrontrol device, you might want to see if you can convince a person that they are a duck, and make them quack, you might also convince them time-travel is taking place, or is a reality, this is possibly where the time-travel story originated from, from the mind-control experiments themself.

I happen to believe some of the things Preston talks about, and he admits he's probably still programmed, he's trying to de-program himself, so he doesn't know what's true and what isn't, for those unaware preston, the original originator of the story The Montauk Project, himself, constantly throughout the books says he's not sure if what he's saying is accurate or true, he never says he's 100% sure such and such happened, so it's hard to put much stock in someone's words when they don't even know if something happened, also Peter Moon, I believe he took advantage of Preston, not only to sell the books, but maybe he used Preston's fragile state to make up stories or put more spice into the books to make them more interesting.

Interesting story though thanks for sharing it therainmaker!

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: autowrench

Would you consider being interviewed on this for my website?

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: therainmaker

You made mention of them seeming "programmed" when you asked about details....is it possible they were simply blocking out memories of distasteful natures and trying not to re-live it over again? I know a lot of people think that folks in positions like theirs are "brainwashed" to evade and/or cover up facts, but the reality of the situation is you see much the same avoidance techniques in PSTD survivors (both soldiers and civilians) when something unpleasant tries to well itself up from the memory well they'd rather not relive.

I have my own avoidance on some topics - and I try to be as candid and forthcoming about things as possible but sometimes it's just not possible - and it's not meant to be rude or evasive, but moreso because it was difficult enough going through the event the first time so I employ the same tactic as a sanity preservation measure. Sometimes opening one subconscious door can cause discomfort or even physical pain when someone inquiring isn't satisfied with the initial answer and keeps trying to dig up old bones against my wishes.

I am still very naive about the Montauk Project, and to be honest, I've already got enough inexplicable personal experience to hold me over until well into the next century.....I guess what I'm getting at is while curiosity has it's merit, sometimes it's better to let sleeping dogs lie when the interviewee is showing signs of distress rather than keep pushing to for info.

The fact that they reacted the way they did shows to me that yeah....something happened on that Base. We may never formally know for sure what went on, but something did indeed happen that are causing persons associated with it to not wish to relive that period of their service.

Maybe one day someone will come forward with declassified documentation and an ability to address the matter clearly and concisely.

edit on 6/30/15 by GENERAL EYES because: spelling and grammar edits, light formatting

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Is it true that the Federal gov't negotiated that they remain in possession of all the land 'Under' the Camp Hero state park? Odd??

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   

It is a matter of public record that the federal government turned the Camp Hero/Montauk A.F. Station property over to New York State for use as public park land in 1984, yet retains all rights to all property beneath the surface of the land -- only the surface of this area was actually donated to N.Y. State. The deed also holds that the federal government can reclaim the surface of the land as well for reasons of national security, if necessary.
Camp Hero

I'm curious to as what the government left behind when they vacated the property. The military, when vacating, has a 'tendency' to leave property and equipment behind, with the exception of sensitive or classified materials. I'm sure they flooded and cemented what they were able to when closing the base. A few years back I posted a thread about 'urban exploring' old military bases. Urban Exploring During BRAC closures, a former SAC base near me was decommissioned, with several facilities within close proximity. Advances in satellite technology eliminated the need for these bases. They basically pulled up and left, and left a lot of stuff, to say the least! There are a few pics posted.
edit on 17-10-2015 by Cosmic911 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join