It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you are sick .. STAY HOME!!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
If you are sick then stay home and keep your friggn' germs to your self!!

I am so freak'n sick of going to the store or to ____ (fill in the blank) and being stuck standing next to someone who is completely stuffed up, coughing and sneezing into the air all those damn Rhino Virus germs.

I understand when someone HAS to go out to do something, but there is no reason for them to be spewing all over the mall - or all over the grocery store - or all over the library - or all over church.

It's damn selfish and inconsiderate.

:bash: and double on those that do it!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
OMG! I completely agree. Nothing ticks me off more.
Sometimes i feel like pulling a Michael Jackson and wearing a surgical mask everywhere.
What makes me even angrier, is those who take out their young children when they are visibly too ill to be at the mall. Runny nose all over their face, coughing like a barking dog. My god, I NEVER take a sick child out.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Boy, do I agree with this!
I think I wrote a similar rant a few years ago.
It was about a commercial, where the sick guy gets on a bus, the guy looks like death warmed over, like Frankenstien's monster actually.

Then he drinks one of those hot liquid meds, like Thera-flu..
He becomes normal looking, to himself, and all those on the bus.
However, HE IS STILL SICK, and STILL spreading germs. He just feels a little better.

Many companies give an award at the end of each year, to those with perfect attendance. So did my High School, come to think of it.
Thing is, these people that care so much about perfect attendance, well they get sick too. They just spread the misery. Then others get sick. More than would have, had Mr. Perfect had only stayed home that one germ, shedding day.

Stay home sickos!

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
IM in total agreement here! As passing sickness, is the leading cause of flu/colds in this country.
Society itself is set up to almost pass these flu/cold strings around to as many people as possible. Sometimes people dont have a choice, you either go out in the world, make your money so you can pay the rent.
Or get some food for your home. I can say I agree so much if you are sick.. PLEASE stay home!! Being honestly sick, can put so many others at risk! As there are jobs that some people can not call sick out of.
People who work in the medical industry is constantly around those who are sick! And its not like I feel people should be put into sick camps or anything.. Just stay home, get some rest, and let the flu string die with your getting better!!!
This world should be a bit more willing to deal with the fact, if people get sick, and you bring them into your place of work, you are then putting everyones health at risk. Im told I can not smoke in sertin areas, So why are sick people allowed where smokers are not.. Thats just a small 2 sided point.
In a perfect world, where everything worked like it should, those who where sick where always able to stay home, and let their bodies heal themselfs. As thats what our bodies do. We self regenerate, and pass through the sickness, and become stronger to that string for some time.

So in theory its just wise to play it smart when you are out and about.
Be clean.. But dont over clean yourself, or be a germ freak.. Some germs are good for you to build up natural defense to some of these buggers.

Theres so many ways we could go with this thread! Thanks for making it and giving me some time to think about this very thing I have thought all of my working life..
If you are sick! STay the F#$@ HOME!!:bash:

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
HA!HA!......... You got that right. There are so many that are sick these days, I've been there my self. I guess many people have to work so they have to get out............ They just need to keep there distance and wash there hands.......... Don't shake anyone's hands unless you wash your hands afterwords..... :bnghd:

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Part of the make-up of humans is to shun the sick. It's a basic survival instinct to prevent the spread of disease and the preservation of not only our own lives, but the entire species.

I've been called rude for telling people not to touch me, and I've told friends to get out of my house if they have a cold or the flu. The lady across the hall works with the elderly and infirm changing diapers and wiping asses all day and I require her to shower and change cloths before entering my apartment.

It just makes sense to reduce exposure to harmful bacteria and viruses when you can.

The thing that really bothers me is that I see a lot of personal care workers that are ill, and they still won't take a couple sick days. They go to work and handle patients with compromised immune systems even when they know they carry potentially deadly contaminants for their charges.

Wash your hands folks....
And bloody hell, stay away from me if you're sick.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   
MORE RANT ON THIS SUBJECT -

Have you seen those damn stupid commercials where there is a person who is sick sick sick with a cold and they are either flipping burgers while camping or they are stewardesses on an airplane??? They are stuffed up and coughing ALL OVER THE FOOD that others are about to eat and they are sutffed up and coughing in CLOSED IN PLACES with lots of people like an airplane.

Then they drink the magic cold formula and POOF they are all better and can go back to spreading their germs all over the rest of us.

DAMN STUPID! And I can't believe that people are so freak'n dumb as to believe that they can take a swig of nyquil and then suddenly they are all dandy and can work with food etc ....

on you sick people spreading germs!

Oh ... and here's another one .... in church I see and hear people all around sneezing and coughing into their hands and then they go to shake hands with others during the service - right after sneezing into them etc etc.

:bash: ON THEM!!

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I like to share, as people say misery loves company. So when I am sick I like to hang out in malls, airports, etc. That way I can share my new microscopic pets with as many people as possible.

The trick is to sneeze into your hand then pay for things with cash.

You should be happy, I mean with my excellent immune system as it is, if I get a cold or the flu my immune system fights the sickness and what is left over is a stronger strain. This helps your immune system beef up its defenses. That way you can avoid those wimpy colds and flus that other people who weaken their own immune system flooding it with antibiotics give you.

See, share the love this holliday season, give someone a cold or flu

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I went to morning mass today. I like to go to daily mass when I can. Everyone was sick. The priest was hoarse. The people around me were all coughing, snorting, blowing their noses, sniffing, hacking, .... only thing they weren't doing was puking ...

I left.

I'll probably get asked on Judgement Day why I didn't brave a few germs ... but I'll have to retort that I wasn't in the mood to be sick for two weeks because of the stupidity of others .... and then I'll have to ask God why the heck He made the Rhino virus to begin with. (God's gunna slap me silly!)

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I try to stay home when I am sick, but when I do, the people I work with gripe and complain that I am not there.

Of course, that could have more to do with them being lazy and not knowing how to do anything than my not being there.

Idiots.....but, they can show up sick and make me sicker and that's fine and good.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Look ... even Homeland Security agrees! STAY HOME!

Story Here

Hand-washing, mask-wearing and other measures will help prevent the spread, Napolitano said explaining how the public can help slow potential contaminations.

"If you are sick, stay home," Napolitano said. "Take all of those reasonable measures that will help us mitigate and contain" the illness.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   

It's damn selfish and inconsiderate

Unfortunately......most of the public ARE basically selfish & inconsiderate of others!! I see it daily & say out loud all the time 'I SEE STUPID PEOPLE!'

I'll have to ask God why the heck He made the Rhino virus to begin with

Yes..................I am constantly asking God to forgive my impatience with His people & then ask Him why He made so many STUPID PEOPLE?!?!?!?

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Oh, my gosh, everything is blooming where I live and there is pollen floating around everywhere, and I'm allergic to it. I'm also allergic to formaldehyde and have the same reaction, especially if I am near any type of new clothing or fabric that has it on it.

I can't help it, I cough and sneeze and wheeze like I have an awful cold or the flu.

Not everybody with a runny nose and eyes is sick with something contagious!

I have actually had people come up to me and tell me I should be at home in bed so I don't get other people sick!

I'm a big girl thanks, and I know the difference between a cold and allergies, so mind your own business!

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I posted this on another thread- FlyersFan pointed out this thread- here's what I posted:

Did anyone see Katie Couric on The Daily Show last Week? Sick as a dog and didn't cancel her appearance. When does common sense take over and people take resposibility for themselves and STAY HOME????????????

If I were Stewart I'd have cancelled her- especially as she's interviewed all of the Gov. staff members in the US- many of whom are or have been ill!!!!! FlyersFan brought it up on another thread- brilliantly, I thought- talking about people sneezing and couging all over the produce at the store. The base selfishness of people amazes me- but the show must go on, eh? Why not make announcements- like, "We were going to have X person on tonight but, as they weren't feeling great, we've asked them to come back in a week or two?" I wonder how many lives that could save.....

[edit on 19-6-2009 by CultureD]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

Blanca,

I have allergies, as well. Whn i'm in public, sneezing, etc., and get "the look" from people, I csually, but clearly say, "boy, the tree pollen has really got to me today"., etc. I'm then left in peace.

If anyone took it farther, I'd ask why THEY were out and I promise you- those fools will back right off...

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

FF- regarding Mass:

during the Black Death- esp. in England- there were special dispensations about attendance. Even on point of death, WOMEN were allowed to hear confession and deacons could administer the Host.

I KNOW God knows you are protecting yourself and your family by staying out of crowds.

I'm a minister- not Catholic, but if you need anything, message me- we can work something out- I know the Mass in Latin and I'm allowed to say it.

Peace,
C

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Well, this one takes the cake (pun intended) for me.

If you want to talk about irresponsibility, here's a good one.

A Chicago couple, shortly before their scheduled marriage day, both took ill with H1N1. they decide to GO AHEAD with the nuptials, in masks, keeping 10 feet away from all guests, and giving Purell as favors.

I still can't believe- as I read the story- that two grown adults, who should know better, would ask people to go to an enclosed event, where the couple had frank, CONFIRMED H1N1 symptoms. Note at the end of the article their doctor was "chuckling" about love conquering eventhe flu, or some such nonsense.

www.chicagotribune.com...

I wonder how many people who attended the wedding will take ill while the bride and groom recover before their honeymoon? THIS is where (I think) the law should step in. If you are confirmed as having the virus, you should not be able to hold a gathering. We have laws now about people who are HIV positive giving it to partners, without telling them, and some have been arrested as assault with a deadly weapon. Not to be mellowdramatic, but howis this very different?

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
If I can stay home when I'm sick, then I do. Sometimes it's impossible though. I go to a college with 10-12 week quarters. If I miss one day, I miss a lot of information, or a quiz, or a lab, or a test that can't be made up. So if I have enough energy to get out of bed, and enough awareness to drive, I have to go. I know that most work places are the same way. If you don't come in, you get fired. Simple as that. So those people are forced to go. What we need to do is appeal to the bosses, not to the employees. I'm sure the employees would love to stay home when they are sick, but it's the bosses that need to be convinced to not fire their employees for not coming in when ill.

However, there is no way in hell that I am going anywhere else when I'm ill. If groceries are needed, my parents can get them. If there's a family party, they can do without me for this once. So everyone else who is sick can do the same. If it isn't absolutely necessary to leave the house, they should stay home until they are healthy again. And I agree that those who go ill to a store or to the mall should be shaken to get some sense knocked into them. Same with those who drag their kids around when they are ill.

[edit on 20-6-2009 by AquilaCat]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I tend to agree here.

Nothing is worse than HAVING to go to work when one is not feeling well.

But should we blame the individual trying to maintain employment and feed/maintain his/her family or should we blame the "system" that doesn't allow for ample sick time?

Personally - I'd rather stay home, but if we, as a populace on the whole, are going to stay healthy in the long run, it's better to get that occassional flu/cold and keep our immune systems on the up and up.

Some folks are more sensitive than others. Lucky is the man/woman whose boss understands and allows for sick time.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Thread here

Check it out. Harry Potters little friend, Ron Weasly, is sick with Swine Flu.
He says he's going to take it easy for 2 days and then go back to work.

HEY RON ... .... this flu sheds for a week.

You are going to infect people. :shk:

top topics

<<   2 >>

join