It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

List your pointelss/useless Christmas Presents Here

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Skunk works seems home to all sorts of threads so I thought I'd start one where we can all let off steam about our useless /pointless Xmas gifts received this year. Can't shout about it on Facebook, too many people would be offended. I need to grumble, it's hard work smiling for two days straight.

1. 3 MASSIVE bottles of Martini off my brother...when I only have a drink about twice a year as hate the taste of alcohol

2. A pair of those socks which have slots for all your toes, complete with Reflexology maps of the feet on the bottom (?!)

3. A pink and blue stripey scarf with lovely matching gloves, would look lovely on a 10 year old.

4. 2 bottles of perfume I don't even like off my b/f when I made a point of saying "no perfume" this year

5. A tool set for my car. Guaranteed if the car broke down I'd have no clue what tool to use or where. That's why I pay £70 annual breakdown cover instead.

6. Fondent filled chocolates. I hate fondant filled chocolates.

6. A lipstick pouch with mirror. I might wear lippy 3 times a year, I'm a gloss girl.

7. A clock for my office . Bit pointless when the PC tells me the time.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I got not-a-thing. Maybe a phone call or two...

Daughter screamed me into a deep depression.

Dog played dead all day.

Wonderful Christmas. Hope everyone else's was great.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I think someone once said, "it's the thought that counts"...so i really appreciate the 4 outlet power board my dad got me..=)

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
A stupid loud bird clock.

We got it a few years back for Christmas. My mother in law (who is now dead) INSISTED on giving all her kids this dumb bird clock that clucked and coo'd on the hour every hour.

It was hideous.

We re-wrapped it and gave it to someone else - without a tag - left anon. during a wedding - I didn't like the couple.

(yes, we also gave a real wedding gift
)

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
This $$ electronic photo frame that changes every few seconds.

Hey mom if I want to look at my kids...I will walk into the next room. I don't need some dumb changing photo frame.

& PJ pants 2 sizes to small so I gave them to my daughter. They look great on her.

new topics

top topics

join