It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are Christians so scared?!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
There seems to be a lot of chatter here lately about Christians and it seems to be about the fear of them to loosing to knowledge or technology.

Is there a particular psychosis at work here?

Christianity has been arond for quite sometime and is arguably the most successful dogma in history. Why does it feel so threatened.

You really cannot comvince me that all the Christians here are THAT concerned for my soul? That they need to save me.

I cannot get the fear of it all. Like one post here presently "America Used to be a Christian country, what happened?" ummm... Free speech and will would be my guess.

And Christmas is a great discussion base for those who want to bring it back to being about Christ. And that's fine, but in the Bible it states the Jesus wasn't born til Marchish... (Luke 1:26 states that on the 6th month of the year Gabriel showed himself to Mary. That puts it at June... Plus 9 [months] = March.)

Why are the Christians so afraid of their reign of being the best and biggest. If it is indeed over; it's been a heck of a run. But it will not drop off. We are not goig to go around killing Christians because of what they believe........ Like Christians did to other beliefs. Convert or die... That will not happen.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
the entire christian faith is a lie. and people are waking up. church attendance is lower then ever and religion as a whole has taken a back seat to the modern world.

religion was used to convince people that if they lived hard lives now they would be rewarded when they die. today you can get all the pleasures of heaven for the right amount of money.

religion is dieing. and i highly doubt it will last another century with out some "divine intervention".

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Perhaps some feel that the past will come to haunt them, ie..seeing and being the cause of certian other religions fading away and dying..they see the potential for the karma comming back around.

Who knows really, only those that are in the fear can really say for sure what they are so afraid of.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I believe they are afraid because their control over knowledge, and their bankroll is slowly slipping away by means of the awakening that is happening globally, meaning the great realization that we as individuals possess a little piece each, of what is the universal conciousness.

They are scared that their reign over the masses will be ending by means of the knowledge being discovered by the population, making them "the ones that reside outside the circle".

Just my 2 Cents.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I'm not scared for me.
If anyone worships the Beast or his image, they cannot be saved.
If you DON'T worship, he will have you beheaded.
De-population at it's fastest!
The communists killed LOTS of Christians and I still know that God was with them and comforted them.
Nero, Caligula and others had Christians killed for sport.
They had a devil that HATED the Holy Spirit that dwelt in the Christians.
If you Hate Christians, examine yourself.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
mabey they look around sites like this and see all the hate directed towards them.if i was a practicing christian id be scared to

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Science does not deny or confirm possibility of life after death...

Religious people, by default, invest a LOT into believing that life after death is a FACT (they just don't wanna die, simple as that).

Anything or anybody claiming that that is uncertainty is an "enemy" of all of the religions in general.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
I'm not scared for me.
If anyone worships the Beast or his image, they cannot be saved.
If you DON'T worship, he will have you beheaded.
De-population at it's fastest!
The communists killed LOTS of Christians and I still know that God was with them and comforted them.
Nero, Caligula and others had Christians killed for sport.
They had a devil that HATED the Holy Spirit that dwelt in the Christians.
If you Hate Christians, examine yourself.

Who said anything about hating Christians? I asked a question... Not started a witch hunt.... I have examined myself. I'm fine (well as fine as a recovering Romaan Catholic can be).

I worship no beast...

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I'm not scared that Christianity is on the decline, per se. The decline of Christianity is actually one of the hundreds of end times prophecies we see being fulfilled in our time. It's just another indicator that our Savior's return is near.

What does scare me is how violent things will become before that happens. The prophecies definitely show a 'darkest before dawn' mood for the end times time line.

Not sure why you say Christians are not being killed for their faith when such a thing is happening in the world right now. We are currently safe in the West but such is not true in many Eastern and Middle Eastern countries. However, with the secularization of society, more stories of Western persecution are occurring.

Although no one is currently being beheaded in the West for being a Christian, more and more stories are coming to light about teachers being fired for having a Bible in the classroom, students receiving disciplinary action for holding prayer sessions, pastor's being fined and arrested for their sermons, employees being fired or reprimanded for having religious items at work, etc.

It gets pretty scary once you look at trends. I suggest checking out the book 'Persecution.' It discusses current events of Christian discrimination in civilized Western areas. The future is not looking bright if these trends continue.

Of course we also believe Christians and Jews will be persecuted to the point of death for their faith in the near future. That is a scary thought as well. Not to mention, we see society as a whole degenerating while Christian values are suppressed. So it can be disconcerting but Jesus tells us not to let our hearts be troubled because these things must come to pass.

More than anything, I grieve for the lost.

Jstatz also brings up a good point. There is constant hate directed towards Christians. The comments are often down right scary. I used to wonder how on earth we could ever have a repeat of something like WWII Germany but unfortunately many people appear to feel the type of hatred that would recreate that scenario. I've seen some terrifying comments right here on ATS. It's not uncommon to see people in agreement about abolishing religion, rounding up Christians, banning the Christian faith, etc. That type of attitude and bigotry would begin to unnerve anyone once you hear it repeatedly.

[edit on 12/26/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by 5thElement
Science does not deny or confirm possibility of life after death...

Religious people, by default, invest a LOT into believing that life after death is a FACT (they just don't wanna die, simple as that).

Anything or anybody claiming that that is uncertainty is an "enemy" of all of the religions in general.

Too true, but why is it that now the "superpower" of religions is waning in power and it's turned into a whimpering schoolboy?

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Thank you. You grace us by your presance M'Lady!

I was not trying to say that Catholics were not being killed for their beliefs, only that there is no active movement to do so (ie: crusade soley against Christians).

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I find that some science backs my faith, and some does not. I don't think anyone who is worried about science is a true christian, because if you look at the history of science, it is just as ignorant and prideful as christianity (just not as widespread). The fact that successive genereations prove previous ones wrong regularly (don't get me wrong, this is an honest way of getting truth i think!!!), should give one pause to think that maybe we are amidst one of those "incorrect times" in the conclusions of one branch of science or another. I don't beleive christianity has all it's false prophets discovered, myself, and I beleive being afraid of the actions of science is ignoring the planck in your own eye, if one is for the love of Jesus Christ.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by 5thElement

I agree. the only reason people have religion, Christian or otherwise, is because people fear death. the end!

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Jkd Up

Originally posted by Jkd Up
There seems to be a lot of chatter here lately about Christians and it seems to be about the fear of them to loosing to knowledge or technology.

“Knowledge and technology” in no way hamper my ability to worship. However, I know that there may come a day when Christianity will be outlawed. That has nothing to do with knowledge or technology. It would be more along the lines of power and greed.

Everyone fears something. Why does it have to be a psychosis?

Christianity has been arond for quite sometime and is arguably the most successful dogma in history. Why does it feel so threatened.

It is threatened in some countries. In the US it is only ridiculed. Some Christians feel that they are under attack. I refuse to feel threatened simply because some people don’t like Christians.

You really cannot comvince me that all the Christians here are THAT concerned for my soul? That they need to save me.

Truthfully, I could care less about your soul. No offense intended. That choice is between you and God. It is not my place to “save” you.

I cannot get the fear of it all. Like one post here presently "America Used to be a Christian country, what happened?" ummm... Free speech and will would be my guess.

Christian morals started dropping around 1963. That’s when the Bible and prayer were taken out of school. Some people celebrate this, others morn it.

And Christmas is a great discussion base for those who want to bring it back to being about Christ. And that's fine, but in the Bible it states the Jesus wasn't born til Marchish... (Luke 1:26 states that on the 6th month of the year Gabriel showed himself to Mary. That puts it at June... Plus 9 [months] = March.)

Most people know that Jesus wasn’t born in December. Shepherds don’t leave their sheep in the pastures in winter and Judea can be impassible this time of year.

Why are the Christians so afraid of their reign of being the best and biggest. If it is indeed over; it's been a heck of a run. But it will not drop off. We are not goig to go around killing Christians because of what they believe........ Like Christians did to other beliefs. Convert or die... That will not happen.

Don’t be so sure.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Please.

EVERYONE on the face of the Earth is persecuted for SOMETHING.

I would like to see you try to be a goth kid growing up in the Bible belt while rejecting Christianity.

Do you know how I was treated because I chose not to believe in God?

All religious people have been persecuted at some time or another, it is not a sign of anything except the ego controlling humanity.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by dalan.
Please.

EVERYONE on the face of the Earth is persecuted for SOMETHING.

I'm sorry- did I ever say anything to the contrary? No I did not. You bring this up like you think this is something of which I was unaware. This thread has 'Christians' in the title so that is what I am focusing on. Not sure why you're so flabbergasted when I targeted my reply to the group that is being discussed.

I would like to see you try to be a goth kid growing up in the Bible belt while rejecting Christianity.

Thanks. I was actually a nonbeliever growing up in the Bible belt and was raised in a very devout Christian family. I did not accept Christianity until adulthood and this is a fact I've been very honest about around here. So thanks? I was never persecuted for it though or received disciplinary action or fired from a job.

Probably ridiculed and irritated by those out to convert you. However, unlike you, I'll refrain from jumping to conclusions about your personal life and history.

All religious people have been persecuted at some time or another, it is not a sign of anything except the ego controlling humanity.

That is your opinion and I have mine. Deal? Your opinion is not a fact and neither necessarily is mine. Only time will tell. I spoke in disclaimers according to our beliefs and biblical prophecies while you speak in absolutes. We'll have to wait and see what the future holds.

[edit on 12/26/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
"Christian morals started dropping around 1963. That’s when the Bible and prayer were taken out of school. Some people celebrate this, others morn it. "
Yes, but that had nothing to do with the removal of the Bible from school.
Morals were declining by design.
From the Protocols of Zion:
" 22. Behold the alcoholic animals, bemused with drink, the right to an immoderate use of which comes along with freedom. It is not for us and ours to walk that road. The peoples of the Goyim are bemused with alcoholic liquors; their youth has grown stupid on classicism and from early immorality, into which it has been inducted by our special agents - by tutors, lackeys, governesses in the houses of the wealthy, by clerks and others, by our women in the places of dissipation frequented by the Goyim. In the number of these last I count also the so-called "society ladies," voluntary followers of the others in corruption and luxury."

Religion does not belong in school. We are not and never were a theocracy.
When I went to school in Wisconsin we did not have prayer in school, but we did sing the Usual Christmas songs.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Well, I wasn't trying to jump to conclusions, because I do not know your past history.

I myself was raised Christian.

I remember going to Church as a child, I was born again at the age of seven because I chose to be.

I was baptized at nine because I chose to be.

But when puberty sets in it is a whole new world. It would seem like Church leaders go out of their way to make people feel guilty for the way God created them. Not to mention the fact that people do not like it when you ask questions that they can't answer.

I remember at the age of thirteen I was terrified to travel in a moving vehicle with anyone that was Christian, especially my Mother and Stepfather.

I was afraid because I thought that the rapture was going to happen and I would be left careening down the freeway at sixty-five miles per hour.

That is when I really decided that there are two different Gods in the Bible, their is the loving compassionate one that Jesus talks about, and the other that seems to be the sadistic counterpart.

I will never follow a religion that recruits through fear.

But the Christian people who talk about "being persecuted" have know idea what the hell they are talking about. They live in a society where their beliefs are the norm, and anyone who believes differently is insane.

I have been spit on, bullied, mocked, teased, ridiculed, and cut off from my family.

If there ever was a "Christian" group that had it right I would put my money on the Gnostics.

I figure that if Jesus does come back, then he will be doing me a favor by rapturing the people away who have treated me like cr@p.

But, uh, you don't have to be such a meanie-weenie with you're responses I wasn't attacking you.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I'd like to state that this is offically the first time someone's been called a "meanie-weenie" in any of my threads

This is not a one liner. A one liner might go like: "My girl's so ugly, I took her to a plastic surgeon he handed her a tail."

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jkd Up

Quite right, but remember its not all the Christians, just a select few that are borderline fundamentalist extremists (yes christian extremists exist).

Its not psychosis, its just what was taught to them as a kid. Some had the choice to follow their parents religion, others were forced into accepting it.

Of course they dont, its an arrogance thing with the ones that say that. But again, remember that this group is a minority

Yes Christmas was a pagan date
but why do us atheists care if they celebrate it as their own, it doesnt bother me so I dont understand why it bothers other atheists

Again, we seem to be putting all the eggs in one basket. Its just the fundamentalists here that think that way.

And I agree with AshleyD on this

Probably ridiculed and irritated by those out to convert you. However, unlike you, I'll refrain from jumping to conclusions about your personal life and history.

If we were all like this then we wouldnt have a problem

Religious or not, people can still be complete asses, it not the religious beliefs that determine ones character, its the person themselves

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join