It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If no body is willing to fight, it is impossible to wage a war!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Have any of you ever thought that if everyone decided not to fight, there would be peace on Earth, be it a mass awakening of people. Even if it began with half the world laying down their weapons and saying, "enough is enough, lets stop fighting." would it be possible that the "others" would do the same? Humans actaully having the insight into that the "others" are themselves. The differences accepted..

Why can't this one day become a reality? Do you think it could become reality one day?

Maybe we have to have a GREAT world war for this to actually take place so that all leaders who want to control and all people who want to be lead get wiped out along with most of the innocent people who just want peace and do not fight. Or maybe it can be done by everyone simply not wanting to put on that uniform and enter into anything that is to do with ultimatly killing another human being or picking up a gun or a weapon that will kill...

If no body is willing to fight it is impossible to wage a war!

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
John Lennon, hate to break the news to you but humans are animals. Animals compete with each other for resources.

"What if we had a war and nobody showed up" didn't work in 1960s.

The "War to End All Wars" was tried already. We know it as World War I.

Good luck trying to change human nature.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
i disagree.. if noone is willing to fight, it is an automatic win.

better question would be, who would fight to bring this government back to order?

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I always have and always will agree with this. It's just common sense if nobody shoots then there is no war. It is easier to do nothing than anything. Like John Lennon says "What if they had a war and nobody showed up." I hate using the words "it's not practical" because I don't really believe this to be impractical. Only reason this doesn't happen is because the average person doesn't A) read, B) look into philosophy and C) think for themselves.

Peace is found within however and that's the real gift.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Syntaxstealth
i disagree.. if noone is willing to fight, it is an automatic win.

True but there are always gonna be people who are willing to fight.

new topics

top topics

join