It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Commercial Real Estate Industry Asks Treasury for Govt. Bailout

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I wish I would have put a prediction thread in regards to the commercial real estate industry 3 months ago.

It is only logical that commercial would follow. Think about it. Over built commercial market cookie cutter franchises everywhere, large Depot stores everywhere, economy takes a hard hit, 50% or more of the stores die off due to people not spending money and there you have it millions and millions of square ft empty.

This is going to make the residential look like a joke, because how many people need commercial footage?

And who is going to pay for all the outstanding notes? Guess.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by wdkirk

Originally posted by Sestias
The bailout of the automakers was supposed to benefit the middle class. Not just the autoworkers who would be unemployed by the thousands, but also those in related industries from auto parts manufacturers to steelmakers, to tire manufacturers, glassmakers, plastics industries, etc.--on and on into millions of jobs.

Here's to FORD motor company for saying they DO NOT need bailout money. I own a FORD F150 and am proud of that company.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

A bit overstated: along with the rest of the industry, Ford lobbied for the bailout funds, Ford received the bailout funds they asked for, Ford just doesn't need to draw on the funds it asked for and received, YET. Even Ford has indicated that they may need to draw on their "line" if things don't improved. Ford did NOT tell .gov to take the money and "shove it up your %^&" as many Ford owners like to portray.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
And now, a rare 1 line post:

They can go to HELL.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by wdkirk

Originally posted by Sestias

Here's to FORD motor company for saying they DO NOT need bailout money. I own a FORD F150 and am proud of that company.

I have never been a Ford man, but after reading this my next new car (if I can ever afford one) will be a Ford. Screw GM.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.
1h.) Spamming: You will not post identical content, or snippets of identical content, to multiple threads in the discussion forums.

[edit on 28-12-2008 by asala]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join