It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

pakistan troops are on Indian border already!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   

pakistan troops are on Indian border already!!

www.opfblog.com

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan troops were deployed on Thursday to protect vital points along the Line of Control in Kashmir and the international border with India, defence sources told Daily Times. Reports in Indian media said Pakistan moved its 10th Brigade to Lahore and ordered the 3rd Armoured Brigade to march towards Jhelum, following a heavy concentration of Indian troops on the borders. Pakistan’s 10th and 11th divisions have been put on high alert, Indian media said, and troops had been stationed in Rajouri and Poonch sectors of Kashmir. Sources in the Defence Department declined to give details of any fresh movement but did not deny reports that Pakistan was moving certain brigades towards Lahore. Indian TV channels also reported that Pakistan Air Force continued its state of high alert and started aerial surveillance of the Chashma power plant and other sensitive sites on Thursday amid fears of a ‘surgical strike’ by India. sajjad malik
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
it is coming closer and closer. the both sides are not going to give up. the small provocation will start a huge fire now.

and the worst thing is that china and russia will be pretty happy to see it.

also a US and Europe willl be quite happy to focus the public attention far away from the economical problems. they will have a possiblility to steal all money left from us in shadow of asian conflict.

so are there any chances for it not to happen?

www.opfblog.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by czacza

We must hope that the first domino doesn't fall. If it does then the general mobilisation will be very difficult to stop. It's the nuke factor that scares me. Maybe the US snatch team will go in very soon now and take them out? Will this be combined with Israel and USA taking out Iranian nuke sites too? Can't see the point in keeping these things seperate.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ufoorbhunter

the problem is that all sides are looking for the even to start now. I think it was well planned. the Mumbai attacks were not organized by the guys from the caves in mountains. Israel will obviously use this occassion to strike the Iran. it is a puzzle which is now almost done

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by czacza

India, Israel and the USA all share one wish. No Islamic nuke. All events seem to be coming together to achieve this goal.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Both countries now have armies on the border ready to respond very quickly. It's a standoff, it will be entirely up to India now. Dont know much about this deadline thing but it was supposed to end today or the 27th.

If it is India's intention to resort to limited strikes, the result will be war anyway. Pakistan made that very clear.

First the Georgia war and now this.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ufoorbhunter

the only possibility to reduce the number of the nukes in the area is to let them strike. this is what will happen I am afraid so.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Mammoth

the Indian deadline was discussed also in another thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

it was 26th od December. Indian troops are in fact also on positions.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Mammoth

Something will happen. India has to respond in some way however limited or not it may be. Their neighbour allows terror training camps to flourish and the general will with India is these must cease to exist. Maybe we should let the British run India again and much of the ME too, maybe they did it better.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
While war is never a nice thing to have to deal with, I am all for removing Nukes at every opportunity.

This is an opportunity.

However much I distrust our leaders, I distrust unstable nuclear nations more.

Right or wrong, there are several nations where emotions run higher than normal. One little comment about religion and these states see flag burning, protests and riots on the streets calling for the destruction of another nation. That is never a good place to have nuclear capability.

I don't think this is going to calm down any time soon. And depending on the strategies of the West, I don't think there is a lot our nations will do about it.
I think it would probably be beneficial for several nations, to distract eyes from them and toward this war, as long as it is contained.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Why would the US have to get involved in this? It has so many enemies in the region it would seem like a US invasion.
I can understand why a EU or UN peace force would be deployed but if superpowers start picking sides.. it will get messy quickly.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Dermo

if Israel will use the occassion to deal with Iran than the US will be involved directly. EU will not help Israel and US will have to. this is also last time the Israel can count in 100% on US administration. they are not sure that Obama will be their puppet as Bush was.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
There are talks that even limited strikes will start a war between India and Pakistan.

My question to that is, why has there been no harsh retoric about the US strikes (granted killing terrorists) but still, missile strikes in Pakistan.

I am not trying to change topic, what I want to do is show that Pakistan shows great restraint at US strikes, it "MAY" show better restraint than we assume at Indian strikes.

I also wonder, if India limits it's strikes to the lawless are on the afgan border.....

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
good, now let's see how NOTHING will happen...

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Well for one, the US told Pakistan after 911 to get on board or be bombed back to the stoneage so they have been given notice 7 years ago that the US would do what it felt necessary. Also Pakistan has admitted to the US that it has had some trouble rooting out terrorists within its own boarders so lets just say the US is "helping them out" a bit by launching thier own strikes.

BUT the most inmportant reason why the US strikes and strikes by India are different is because Pakistan and India are vowed enemies and have already fought 2 wars with each other. Cant really say that about the US.

QUOTE:

"If either side thinks the other is trying to land grab in Kashmir, then all bets are off. Kashmir is the center of the Pakistan and Indian conflict. There are talks that even limited strikes will start a war between India and Pakistan.

My question to that is, why has there been no harsh retoric about the US strikes (granted killing terrorists) but still, missile strikes in Pakistan.

I am not trying to change topic, what I want to do is show that Pakistan shows great restraint at US strikes, it "MAY" show better restraint than we assume at Indian strikes.

I also wonder, if India limits it's strikes to the lawless are on the afgan border.....

[edit on 26-12-2008 by princeofpeace]

[edit on 26-12-2008 by princeofpeace]

top topics

join