Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Think the army won't turn on it's citizens?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I think one only has to look at Nazi Germany for a historical precedent.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Philip Zimbardo is a brilliant man.
That is one of the most interesting things that I ever learned in school.

On a side note... Check out Zimbardo's latest book: "The Lucifer Effect"
Trying to understand how GOOD people turn EVIL.
A MUST READ!!!!

Thank you for the great thread!

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by tac109
Its easy to say you wont rob,hurt, or kill for food when you have a full stomache and plenty of food in your kitchen....... Lets not forget people, that we humans are really animals, we just wear clothes.

Couldn't have put it any better my friend.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 03:37 AM
link   
seriously though, these type of threads pop up all the time. At best I could only call it trolling. As a member of the military, i am rather incensed that someone could even post such veracious thoughts, really. I reply only with my honest thoughts, and someone tells me that I'm the one that needs waking up, or that my mentality keeps the elites where they are... Stop with the us vs them mentality, wake up and see the human f***ing being in the uniform. People act like we're just mindless drones around here, for christ's sake, get out of your collective caves and wake up. Yes the media is manipulative, the the bush admin is highgly questionable, and there are alot of other things that are quite frightening/maddening these days. Its called life, wake up and enjoy it.

Besides, if the military were going to do such a thing, in the planning phase when we gather our intel, this is more than likely the first place we'd troll for potential threats. Don't think your online privacy is worth a crap when you have an organization that has highly developed crypto.

Just let this crap go and enjoy what you have instead of worring about the boogeyman.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by joe_dirt976

Besides, if the military were going to do such a thing, in the planning phase when we gather our intel, this is more than likely the first place we'd troll for potential threats. Don't think your online privacy is worth a crap when you have an organization that has highly developed crypto.

Hmmm, where did this come from? This is not a them vs. them thread, this is a thread about change a person situation and people will change, rather it be military, postal worker, or joe blow.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 03:46 AM
link   
i guess that would have nothing to do with the thread title then. would it? seems a little sensational to me

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by kattraxx

“Naturally the common people don't want war; neither in Russia, nor in England, nor in America, nor in Germany. That is understood. But after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country.”

“Education is dangerous - Every educated person is a future enemy”

Above two quotes from Hemann Goering (Reich marshal under Adolph Hitler).

What is scary is many people "follow orders" thinking they are doing "the right thing" when in reality they are supporting a tyrant.

Think it can never happen again?

How about the War in Iraq?

The majority of American People blindly followed a idiot madman for almost eight years and now all of a sudden many are waking up. However that does not excuse all of those sheeple who blindly followed a man bent on bullying another country out of it's oil and manipulating a entire country under false pretenses into war to settle a personal vedetta for his daddy.

People don't like to think they can be manipulated into doing bad things but as with the War in Iraq, but by using fear regular people can be driven to do horrendous things to other fellow human beings and that is scary.

Sometimes I am not proud to be of this species known as humanity.

[edit on 27-12-2008 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I dont have to understand everyone else's psycological state of mind when a parking space is taken or when there is only one item left on a shelf. Its very simple to see the entire point I have tried to make here in all of this.....CHOICE!

As I have said before, if people want to act like barbarians, go ahead and do so and you can expect being chased down by authority and their help, military or other.

Dont any of you see that point or no? And why should I, or anyone else who knows the difference between being civil and being un-civil should worry about those being un-civil and what authority will do to protect the rest of us from un-civil behavior, be concerned about? I know I wont have to worry about being chased down becasue I wont be out in the street acting like a wild nutcase over a parking space or empty shelf.

I think it all comes down to self control and being civilized. If there is a mass out there that cannot do that...not my problem nor am I going to loose any sleep over it. What I would be willing to do for that poor mindless sheeple is to try to help them see there is a different way in handling things than going off half cocked at the hip at every little thing. I will help them learn how to survive with practical things that they too can share with others. I wont however fill their head with suggestive ideas that they will be chased down by military when they decide to go out into the street and act like they need to be chased down like wild chickens.

Its a matter of choice and a matter of being civil, plain and simple. Again I dont have to worry about it, I hope none of you have to either and make the right choice when the time comes.

There is no fate but what we make for ourselves. Im sure that rings a bell.

And despite that it comes from a line in a film, it is incredibly true.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by die_another_day

I'm not sure where you live but, for the most part, people simply don't want to see others suffer.
Look what happened with the most recent giant tsunami ? Everyone in the world gave money they really didn't have to help people they didn't know. By the way there are plenty of other examples, I just used that one because it should be universally recognizable regardless of country.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Well, my personal belief is that IF US soldiers ever come for us, a majority of us will not know it and we will go quietly. As the news gets out about what is happening, other US citizens may have time to arm themselves. A really good question is: could you as the average US citizen shoot a US soldier? Can you keep doing it thinking all the while that you are just and right in what you are doing? Would you put your family and loved ones at risk to stay that course?

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76
People here state that the U.S. citizens will fight back. I don't think so. Look at the $700b bailout,

So you don't see a difference between using some of our tax money that we necessarily don't agree with and soldiers shooting our families???
Bad example.

the Patriot Act,

If you've read the news lately, you'd know the patriot act is slowly being dismantled in the courts.

We don't fight back worth nothing.

So if the military showed up at your families door, would you just wave goodbye and hope for the best? Do you honestly think most of us would just wave goodbye while remembering the nazi concentration camps, the trains, the showers, etc...
I'm not sure where you're from, but NOBODY I know would stand for it.

Look at the other nations, Greece, the Asian nation that took over the airport. For the smaller scale things, these people will stand up the government. Even when a cop shoots an innocent man, we might have a hundred people protest, but nothing else.

Really? Look at all the protests going on
The Sea Shepard, "Whale Wars" .
Anonymous
etc..

You can honestly sit here and tell me, you see a brigade of tanks and armed to the teeth soldiers coming down your street you are going to fight back? Yea right.

Depends why they were there.
If it was an illegal incursion into the US, DAMN RIGHT !
Tanks and weapons don't automatically mean victory. There are plenty of examples of a weaker opponent winning.

Maybe you should look at yourself and your fears instead of trying to project them onto others to make yourself feel better.

Most Americans WILL fight for their freedom if required.
Most Americans view the CONSTITUTION as a sacred document that must be defended.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
Exactly. It is what I said, we make the reality. If certian "Im billy bard arse and I will fix their little red wagons" armchair toughies want to go out and stirr up chaos, it is those who will be rounded up and put into prison, camps or put down for good,

I don't think anyone here wants to go out looking for trouble. The whole subject of the thread is about what would happen if trouble found us.

while the rest of civilized society goes on with their lives and actually deals with problems in a civilized way.

How do you deal with martial law in a civilized way? Seriously. You either hope that you're not the next victim heading for the "showers" or you decide you refuse martial law and do something.

Seems like there are some who are itching for trouble, want trouble and think they can overcome anything that is sent their way.

I seriously doubt anyone really wants martial law as it would destroy the United States or any other country similar to the United States.

Well, who is stopping them? Why do we not see any of these toughies going into the streets right now flexing their tiny muscles and showing who's boss?

Because the army hasn't turned against it's citizens.
But keep in mind, MANY people are out protesting proving they are not afraid.

When it comes right down to it, they want to see someone else take the first step first..

This is true to some extent. Many people don't protest or write letters or whatever, because they don't know where to start. It's not from lack of caring, it's from lack of understanding.

since none have done that...looks like no one wants to be the first to demonstrate how stupid all this nonsense really is and to be the first to be taken away in a body bag and box. And your box wont have an American flag drapped across it either.
Cheers!!!!

You're now talking about starting a civil war when it's still very possible to work within the current government to get things accomplished. At least it is in the United States. Things are changing as we speak. Laws written by bush and cheney are being reviewed and wiped away in the courts, guatanomo detainee's are receiving council and more reasonable rights in the courts, etc...
Why? Because citizens are acting.
Congress failed to listen to the people when doling out 700Billion and now WE THE PEOPLE are not happy.
The result, congress became scared for their jobs so now they're giving the auto industry the third degree to make up for the lack of oversight to the financial institutions.
When we stand as one and say, "ENOUGH", they become scared. They know we can remove them from office with a single vote.

WE THE PEOPLE simply need to remember, we are the ones with the power.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by wdkirk
Well, my personal belief is that IF US soldiers ever come for us, a majority of us will not know it and we will go quietly. As the news gets out about what is happening, other US citizens may have time to arm themselves. A really good question is: could you as the average US citizen shoot a US soldier? Can you keep doing it thinking all the while that you are just and right in what you are doing? Would you put your family and loved ones at risk to stay that course?

If soldiers were coming for my family, they would already be at risk. The smaller risk would be in fighting for them.
If they were taken away to camps, you know you'd never see them again.
Honestly if camps were really set up, they would be concentration camps such as in Nazi germany. How could anyone not fight against that?

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
there's a foreign movie that might have been based off of case 1...or vice-versa

Das Experiment

very very very good.

edit:IMDB Das Experiment (2001)

[edit on 27-12-2008 by bandaidctrl]

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
All this will they wont they stuff is pretty easy to figure out. Some will and some wont. That is not what people pondering this situation should be thinking about.

Of course some will. Maybe more than we might want to believe. But what needs thought abut is. What will you do if/when they do come? Are you willing to go quietly or will you try to sneak off? If you heard about a resistance movement would you try to seek them out? Of course this is all if it was an American force to come down the street. With some notion that they need to keep to peace because of some problem that caught the attention people wanting to gain control over the population.

It's easy to believe that the U.S. could send forces to keep the peace due to some problem. They have before and might well again. And maybe some of these soldiers will choose not to follow orders and might be dealt with or might be able to get away. But some will follow orders. So...what will you do?

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumJunkie

Well that answer is pretty clear cut for the people of ATS. But, what about mainstream America, the spoiled kids, the wealthy bankers, etc. They will fall right in line along with millions of other Americans.

But, I think most of ATS will indeed fight back as this is evident in a lot of the threads/posts on this site.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

It's the job if the informed to help those pull that pesky wool out of their eyes..as to the bankers..I can care less..They caused most the troubles we have right now. Bankers and lawyers (I say lawyers because look at the average of politicians that have a law degree)

Best I can say is be ready. There are some interesting times ahead. ant it would do people well to be prepared for them.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrumJunkie
reply to post by jhill76

It's the job if the informed to help those pull that pesky wool out of their eyes..as to the bankers..I can care less..They caused most the troubles we have right now. Bankers and lawyers (I say lawyers because look at the average of politicians that have a law degree)

i agree.
i was thinking about that the other day. instead of having so much education in law, how about the requirement to be elected for any public office be a bachelors in HISTORY so we can stop repeating it.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by turbokid

That's an interesting thought actually. As the saying goes those that do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

I think lawyers are drawn to politics because they see the seedy underbelly and feel right at home.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumJunkie

agreed.
not to mention they get to be in positions to write laws that have loopholes they plan to exploit for profit.
is it by accident that the tax for capital gains is lower than that of regular income? nosir.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join