Interested in spirituality and meditation?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Thank You for invoking thought amongst all. This is S & F!

I must also let everyone know here that it gets easier too. The more you "go with the flow" the more syncronicities can start to occur. Then once you can become aware of that which is around you, then you are ready to start realizing all the fractals and mirrors are around you and there is a form of order in there to decipher. IT goes pretty deep, our minds, just to many distractions around me, I realize atleast for a short time isolation is necessary for Frequency Holders

Love & light

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Can't wait,

thank you for this great post

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I can't express how happy I am that this thread is proving to be useful, and attention grabbing. Even if those who post are already on the same general wave length, it shows that many others are at least reading it.

And as the above poster stated, it does it get easier, it does become more noticeable, and it enriches what we could relate as the soul.

There might come a day where one realizes they aren't a drop in an ocean, but are the ocean personified through a drop.

Moving with nature rather then through it.

If I could suggest a meditation, treat your bodily cells as lifeforms, for they sure seem like it in their own right... send only good vibes throughout your body, tell them to communicate and work together, as we as humans should. You're leading the body, the colony.

You might find this usefull in fending off illness. Since I started meditating I haven't had so much as a cold, and I firmly believe because my energy is where it should be, and I choose only good and health upon my body.

Once again, this is great that this thread is getting noticed. I'm happy for everyone.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
We create our reality

Love is not a "doing", Love is an "allowing".

Pranava.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by survival

quotations don't seem to work when you choose a bigger font size.

Originally I wanted to put quotations on "New Age".

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Exemplary thread Caveman! I have been meditating now for a long while. Before I recieved the knowledge of meditation and all of it's wonderful benefits my life was filled to overflowing with stress and futility. Now I am much more at peace.

Someone said to me long ago, "There are 2 rules in life, 1. Don't sweat the small stuff, and 2. Everything is small stuff." I really try to live by this credo, as cleache'(sp) as it sounds, but when I started meditating, I found myself beginning to live calmly, without the burden of all the "what-ifs" in life.

My journey began with guided meditations, but eventually, I began to find those somewhat distracting if not all-out annoying at times. I do have a busy life, but always "make" (not find) the time to go within.

The peace and serenity is a wonderful abstract to all of the things that we as humans go through every day.

Just wanted to jump in and compliment you on this thread and your open approach to an otherwise "scoffed-at" topic.

Oh, almost forgot, S&F for ya!

Peace!

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I have officially tried to meditate one time. It went ok, but it was a long time ago. I have an active mind, and I also feel that I am a smart, observant person, not sure which came first. In the last six months to a year, I have almost blasted off of this planet with the thoughts that race through my mind and the possibilities that they could mean.

Synchronicity and intuition have emerged as two very powerful indicators in my life. Synchronicity as in the thoughts in my head seem to leap onto other peoples tongues, and intuition as in I will look at my cell phone the moment before it rings and know exactly who is calling me, or certain words will be repeated in my mind only to reveal themselves later that day/week/etc.

Only three weeks ago, I was lying in bed going to sleep. Mundane thoughts were on my mind and suddenly I felt a certain physical sensation in my head(nothing divine or anything like that) and I latched onto it. This sensation simply felt like I was flexing my brain, but as well as my facial muscles and neck muscles(which undoubtedly I was doing). I easily managed to maintain the sensation for at least three or four minutes, but the remarkable part for me was that I was able to calm my mind for the duration. I could feel thoughts entering my consciousness, seemingly from physical directions, and I could push them away with my will. My mind was thoughtless, and it felt good. Now, there were thoughts in my head, but they were so much diminished that they were more emotions or feelings than words or thoughts.

My point is, through simply expanding my knowledge and thinking critically about everything, I have set up my mind and my body to be open to spontaneous moments of meditation and clarity. I know that not everyone is like me and has as powerful(?) a mind as I, but I also think that anything is possible.

OFF TOPIC somewhat, but relevant.
Almost a year ago, this experience jump started my journey:
One night I was having a very intense conversation with a friend, and at the same time researching. He was telling me the story of what happened to him in the last year when he and I did not talk often, and I was researching indigo children and thinking about the possibilities that the future could hold, and the mysteries of our great past. He would tell me part of the story (he is maddeningly deliberate) and I would slide the laptop over to him to read what I had been looking at. It was two completely different topics, but they had some kind of synergy.
His story ended (a story involving mental institutions, probation and drug abuse) when he said "And the game is up." Immediately I knew he meant jail time, and he was astounded that I was able to guess that. More on that later.
My moment came when I put everything, and I mean EVERYTHING together. I had recently learned about AAT, or our alien origins, and in one eloquent sentence, I managed to string together aliens, the ancient Eqyptians, christianity, the ways that we've been misled in modern times, indigo children and, the big one, the realization of divine energy AKA synchronicity or oneness, the realization that everything we are is the essence of the one true energy. I blew my own mind, I blew his mind, and I blew the universe's mind. I felt high because I put everything together.

Since then, I have been on a spiritual journey probing my own consciousness, unfortunately without meditation due to a frantic lifestyle(college). If there are any doubters reading this, doubt no more. There is a truth, and it seems that meditation is one of the most efficient ways to reach it. There is so much we do not know as a species, but fortunately all of the information is already in our head, we just have to learn to read it.

One more thing next post.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by CavemanDD

HEllo Cavemandd. I very much enjoyed your posts, and I think we are on a similar spiritual path. I started mine as a complete non-believer in just about everything. My eyes have been pried open however, and I have been searching since I was old enough to go to the library. I voraciously read everything I get my hands on related to all that is spiritual.

When I was as young as 11-12, I was allready interested in the afterlife, spirituality, and despite my being raised in a home where all that was considered in the same realm as santa clause, I was interested. I found the idea of quantum physics and string theory very interesting. I always questioned the very reality of my perceptions, and saw myself as a photochemical engine of sorts, and my reality as just my brain sending energy along my nerve synapses that made me perceive solid objects and colors, sounds, all of which were the same energy.

Now I am in my 40's and having still been searching all this time, I have come in a great circle, and find myself back at the beginning with my own original core beliefs that were ingrained in me at birth apparently. I believe we are creatures of energy, and that our reality can be molded and changed at will as we are creating it as we go. I don't think we die, I think we change frequency, like changing the channel on a television. We're still there, simply the frequency in which we view our reality has changed.

I think consciousness exists seperate and outside of the body, and that our wonderful brains acts as a connection for us to tap into this collective consciousness, or what I think of as God. I think through meditation and focusing this energy and finding ones inner self or higher self, then we can work miracles and make things change. I think for the world to change our collective consciousness needs to come up a little bit in frequency and we all need to become a little less fearful, angry, and unhappy. The energy we put out is what is used to make our reality second by second, and it can only change if we all change our energy that we collectively put out there.

Threads like this are the way, by spreading the knowlege and sharing the secrets, which should never have been secrets at all. Build your personal energy through meditation, and put it out there to help raise the bar.

Great thread

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Frank_Rizzo

"There are 2 rules in life, 1. Don't sweat the small stuff, and 2. Everything is small stuff."

I like that.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Hi Caveman.

First off thank you for this thread. It's just what I've been looking for. I've developed some interest into meditation recently, stumbling upon a book I've read ( Anapanasati - Mindfulness of Breathing ). I've since tried meditating only a few times, and just as you say, I find my mind next to impossible to focus. It keeps wondering of no matter what I do. I guess my biggest problem is somehow silencing that vivid imagination I've got going there.

Anyways to the point of your thread, I found it hard to fall asleep last night and tried focusing only on the palms of my hands. I found that much easier than focusing on breathing for some reason. I was feeling my pulse almost immediately and started feeling a static like tingling sensation, but differently on each palm as if they were of opposite charges. A few minutes into this exercise I felt a sharp pain in my right hand which lasted for only a few seconds. I could swear I actually had a vision of a small black splinter with a tiniest white streak running down a side of it being ejected from my palm. It was a very relieving sensation.

Hopefully I can learn to get my imagination under control more in the future.

Kind regards.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Manawydan

Hey, yeah don't worry about your wandering mind. When I got into meditation, I thought it would be impossible for me since it wasn't unusual for me to have 10 thoughts per second it seemed. You'll find that it will develope quickly, your still mind that is.

The hands, yes.. any sharp sensation.. if it feels electrical seems to be energy moving through, perhaps plowing through a blockage. Once in a while I practise Tai Chi condensed breathing.. the electrical shocks seem to be a sign that you are increasing your energy's frequency. I notice If i'm walking and hit my foot, i enter like 1 second survival mode because you're like "what just happened?".. but when I do, i often feel a surge of heat all over and little electrical shocks. Its good to know the subconscious can give us the energy boost when we need it.

You could be pushing out a blockage.. if you had a visualization of a thorn or some kind, try removing it... just think "healing energy is going to my hand, to remove any blockages... the energy in my hand flows freely" etc.etc.. but you have to MEAN it.. Its been 3 years and I still I have my tiny doubts that I'm having a hard time kicking.

Just be patient, everything will come together for you if you are persistent with your meditation.

Its a crazy world in their (the mind), once you start to dig into it.

Never lose your imagination.. it is more valuable then one gives credit for.. just learn to focus on the task at hand, and put aside all other thoughts if they aren't needed... do not block the thoughts or suppress them, they will resurface.... let them play out and say "ok yes I know, i get it, I need to call so and so".. you know all the little thoughts..

A good meditation practice for beginners or if you have a busy mind is to find all thoughts going in your mind at the moment that you don't need.. imagine stuffing them in a box, locking it and throwing it away.. down a river or something.. just telling yourself "i don't need this right now..right now is all about meditation".

By accepting your imagination, you start to see how it can contain messages leaked from the subconscious or vivid visualizations. I've had times where I've "imagined" people in my mind who i've never met and later confirmed their appearance.. things like imagining a thorn in your hand speaks of a subconscious message to me. All these little signals we start to notice with increased awareness once we can still the mind and accept the "moment".. do you gain psychic awareness or did you just not notice it before?

Anyways have fun, feel free to ask me questions anytime, i love to help.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Thank you very much for your encouraging words. I will definitely give it some more time and effort.

Cheers.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I hope this helps all those who truly seek the truth. As the truth can only be gained through transcending the mind to the truly spiritual regions beyond.
As I am also trying to travel this path to enlightenment I will only direct you to the real source and hopefully your journeys end:

'Sant Mat' meaning the Path of the Masters is pure spiritualism through meditation and will reconnect you to your Source.
If you truly seek the truth begin by doing your own research via the web by typing Sant Mat.............. thereafter the truth will find you!

Loving Wishes
A Friend

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by CavemanDD

Wow... Your explanation was like you read my mind. I do exactly the same. Only difference is that I tend to use a little pillow because of a injury in my neck. Nice of you to share and also confirm my own theory!

S&F

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Please allow me to introduce you to a 15th century Mystic that I have learned incredible things from. An incredibly enlightened man with a gift for teaching spiritual things.

www.ccel.org...

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Correction. I meant to say 18th century since he did his writing in the 1700's. Have a Happy New Year everyone.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by John Matrix

I've been meaning to read that it looks like it could be interesting. If I do, I'll be sure to give you an input. I can read big books but something about alot of writing on the screen seems like a chore.

I'll give it a go later.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by CavemanDD
Never lose your imagination.. it is more valuable then one gives credit for.. just learn to focus on the task at hand, and put aside all other thoughts if they aren't needed... do not block the thoughts or suppress them, they will resurface.... let them play out and say "ok yes I know, i get it, I need to call so and so".. you know all the little thoughts..

A good meditation practice for beginners or if you have a busy mind is to find all thoughts going in your mind at the moment that you don't need.. imagine stuffing them in a box, locking it and throwing it away.. down a river or something.. just telling yourself "i don't need this right now..right now is all about meditation".

I have never meditated purposefully before, but I do this whenever I feel pain and it works. Basically you don't try to suppress the thoughts about it, but you hear them out and then let them go and the pain lessens. If you try to suppress the pain, it just resurfaces over and over again.

[edit on 3-1-2009 by cancerian42]

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
"There might come a day where one realizes they aren't a drop in an ocean, but are the ocean personified through a drop."

Great quote! I think this way often, but you worded it so well. I don't have much else to contribute, but thanks for posting this. I was raised by my grandmother, who is very spiritual. She meditates several times a day, does tai chi and yoga, and is very in touch with nature and the earth. I've never really known any other way, but it is still wonderful, when I get down and distracted by the world, to be inspired by another human being on a similar path. Thanks again!

Also, you wouldn't mind if I wrote that quote down, would you? A goal for the new year, is to fill a notebook with quotes that inspire me.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by plainview

A goal for the new year, is to fill a notebook with quotes that inspire me.

Same goal here

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join