It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interested in spirituality and meditation?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Great job Caveman spreadng the light!!
Star & Flag and ho ho & tinsel snot and all that good stuff!

WOOHOO page tew!
Go Caveman! Go Caveman!

[edit on 12/10/08 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I like the sort of open-ended nature of this thread which allows for all types of discussions. very cool stuff, and definitely sweet seeing you get a thread on the top flagged Cave
good job

For those who have a few extra Reptilians (aka Dollars
) to spend despite the holidays might find this product developed by Nick Begich at Earthpulse press called these Alpha-Trainer / Antense® - Biofeedback Anti-Tension Device that is a biofeedback device which reportedly allows someone to attain levels of mediation that sometimes take years of practice. Here's the description from the website:

The Alpha-Trainer / Antense® anti-tension biofeedback device is a simple yet effective way to eliminate stress by helping you develop a greater sense of body awareness while in the comfort of your own home. Optimal for personal health and fitness. Using the scientifically proven principles of biofeedback, Alpha-Trainer / Antense® makes you aware of how stress changes your body and how to better control these changes. Your body indicates its stress level by muscle contractions in the forehead, neck and scalp. Using space age patented technology, Alpha-Trainer / Antense® measures these contractions and instantly converts the signal into a pleasant tone-pitch proportional to the level of muscle tension in your body. By listening in on the tension in your body you can control the pitch using the tone as a guide. By learning to feel how stress changes your body, you will quickly understand how to release that tension and stress and learn how to relax at will. Enables increased alpha and theta activity with use. This comfortable leatherette headset has an adjustable soft belt with dry EMG electrodes, a sensitivity control and adjustable volume. (requires a standard 9 volt battery)

From a different angle, here's a guy who proved not only that the vast majority of "science" taught in schools relating to genetics and biology is in fact a "dogma" & essentially prove a "soul", "energetic body of intention", "a soul" by pioneering the concept of "Epigenetics. His name?

Dr. Bruce Lipton

He essentially proved that our bodies are direct effects & manifestations of our perceptions of our environment(both macro & micro) and the operable beliefs that perpetuate them.

For those of you in disbelief that a "soul" can be proven on a physical scientific level, I highly recommend you watch Dr. Lipton's lecture called : The Biology of Perception

Here's part of a youtube'ed version
part 1 of 7

He also mentions some of the applied kinesiology theraputic/healing modalities such as EFT & Psych-K® which Dr. Lipton consults on which is a form of direct subconscious communication which is a bridge to that spirituality and what we do when we meditate.

Anyone interested in subconscious communication via dreams I highly recommend this thread here at ATS :
Dreams, let's talk about them : Interpretations, lucidity, projection, obe's, precognition, etc

Why? Well for one there's a lot of great stories & experiences of all varieties shared by the members here at ATS. 2nd because I made
and I just love discussing all things "dream" as I am a natural lucid dreamer which has forced me in a sense to identify my own subconscious/spiritual messages & enjoy sharing what I have learned with others. Here's a short video I recently created on basic dreaming & interpretation called:

Basic 1-2-3 Dreaming & How to Interpret Them(9:59):

I have made other videos concerning lucid dreaming, astral projection, etc on my channel Whoslucidwhatnow for those who might be interested.

Very cool thread Cave, I know you'll be able to aid many in getting in tune with their spiritual-selves without the need of a dogmatic system or telling people how or what to think.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by CavemanDD

This is not a flame

I dont need you to inspire me but I did enjoy reading it "only the first quote" then i knew it was a yin yan post.

I agree with much of what you said or atleast "budda" and why? becouse its logical...

Maths is my budda.. I understand her not question her ; )

being one with what we are is not to question but to understand

I think we ask to many questions

Just to add its even worst if you dont know what it is you are questioning

ie us right now

[edit on 27-12-2008 by theresult]

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Thanks for the thread.
Have you ever read any Meher Baba?
Check out the link in my signature if you care to.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Great thread Caveman. In 1987 I started practicing Transcendental Meditation and that was the best thing that has ever happened to me. I have turned other people on to TM also but you really do not have to pay for it like I did. It is free off the internet, just search for it under TM or Mantra meditation. When I first started TM, I was about two weeks into it. I was driving home after a group meditation session and all a sudden the world just opened up for me. I belonged to everything, I was a part of everything. I had no fear a anykind and I had the answers to every question I had, but it did not matter, it just was not important anymore because I was free of any such care. It only lasted for a few seconds but it was more than enough to make me understand what I needed to do. If I was a Christian I would be one of those 'Born agains'. It was a very profound expernece. I hope all of you experence it some time soon. Stared and Flaged. For me meditation is the only way to go to find the peace and happiness that is in all of us.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Caveman-
Thanks so much for a great Holiday message!

Meditation works!

When I am distracted and emotional I always try to remember:

"Be the change you seek"

Thanks again!

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Thanks for your great post Caveman. Meditation soothes one's soul. It is helpful and therapeutic to let the problems facing a person just roll off. The fear of the problem is much greater than the problem in most instances.

[edit on 27/12/2008 by toochaos4u]

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Thanks for posting some meditation info for beginners. I have always been meaning to try some self-guidance techniques but I live in a very distracting environment unfortunately. I think I will practice meditation more seriously now, so thank you for the encouragement.

Everyone needs to find them self before they can help another.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shakesbeer
For those who have a few extra Reptilians (aka Dollars
) to spend despite the holidays might find this product developed by Nick Begich at Earthpulse press called these Alpha-Trainer / Antense® - Biofeedback Anti-Tension Device that is a biofeedback device which reportedly allows someone to attain levels of mediation that sometimes take years of practice. Here's the description from the website:

I bet it would work too. But some people meditate to prepare for death, there are no devices like that in the afterlife. Those whose happiness is most dependent on earthly circumstances usually get a lot of difficulties when they die. Those who meditate and have succeeded in being happy and calm as a natural state will have it much easier.

[edit on 27-12-2008 by Dragonfly79]

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
i'm working now, so i'll have to read more of this later...

i've been very interested in meditation lately, and i'd like to start soon! it's just that i'm slightly hesitant because i know that it's going to bring about great changes within myself. i don't think i'll be the same person anymore once i start, and i mean that in a very good way!!

i can't wait! ...meditating seems to be the perfect New Year's resolution for me! that, and along with quitting smoking, eating less meat, and severely limiting my fluoride intake will surely cause some sort of change for the better in 2009!

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by bandaidctrl

This is the yogi code of law--

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Dragonfly79

I would wager that is a small margin of meditative practitioners actually meditate specifically for preparation of death. I know I don't and never have(not necessary). Not sure if you had a chance to check out Nick Begich speak about the product but essentially he said most people get to a point they don't need the item to attain the brain state they desire. It's a "trainer" of sorts, kind of like having a personal teacher. It can help, but it's still you doing the work.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Novise
Overall great post, I've always felt you had your stuff together CavemanDD.

I just wanted to comment on that, firstly thanks.. and this is why I post.. even if no'one responds, I assume at least someone will read. If I feel I have something to say which someone might find useful, then i'll say it. I feel at my best when I've helped someone or contributed something useful. Thanks again.

Feeling things when I meditate is something I never seemed to have much talent or ability for.

It takes time, we have the talent for everything.
I look at every meditative practice like learning guitar. Everyone sucks at first but in 5 or so years the improvement is without a doubt noticeable. But rather then practice, it seems more like stages of realization.. if that makes sense? It's like paying attention to what was already there. That seems to be the common "belief" - going against my own post on that one, but I feel it too
... But something like opening your chakras.. you realize.. I have always been like this... but just functioning on a different level. You feel that connection and almost like added life, added consciousness as if someone is turning up a dial. Meditation has made me feel more alive, if that makes sense. That includes physical/energetic feelings, emotions, intuition, love, courage.. like higher peaks of such qualities.

I'm curious, what are the big things that are in the back of your mind, what do you ponder on at this point?

How can I help more and more, but in my own unique way. That's what's on my mind. Beyond that I aspire to discover my higher level of courage and compassion and unity with all things... and all that.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Thanks for this, nicely written and good tips caveman

I'll try that position you mentioned, good stuff

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I understand the different levels of energy disbursement during lotus position, but is there any added energy bonus of sitting directly on the ground as opposed to being on the floor in my apartment?

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Harman

Originally posted by carlosox
Just a bit of correction. I've been doing meditation for very long now, and we ( my spiritual group ), never ever do meditation lying down in bed. The great yogis from India also do not recommend this. Sitting in the lotus position or sitting on a chair with the spine straight are the recommended methods. For some reason, the spine has to be perpendicular to the ground.

He has a point, this is why I mentioned that it took me a few years to notice the value of "the proper way".

Although lying on your back is comfortable and can straighten your spine decently (but not perfectly)... I noticed there's a certain missing... gravity...I always meditate in a chair and try not to even use the backrest... its good having the feet planted on the floor for grounding.. I've been doing stretches and i'm trying to work my way up to making lotus comfortable.

Sometimes I might start a meditation in one position then go try the less comfortable position or more comfortable way... its a matter of dealing with the distraction that comes from discomfort... temperature can also play an issue... it is freezing in my basement but yesterday I had to strip down to my underwear while meditating because the energy gathered. (Sounds like Tumo meditation)

There are many factors of discomfort, I would suggest figuring out the best time to eat as well and what to eat before your meditation..

But the lying down technique I found still really helped for the reason that it was comfortable, thus distraction wasn't hard to deal with, so it made it easier to develope my concentration and ability to deepen my meditation.

You can still feel your chakras lying down but feeling grounded might be an issue. I used to imagine roots curving down to the ground.

I urge you to use a chair or sit in lotus if you can do it comfortably without distraction. But its your meditation.. Don't be afraid to differ from the monks and yogis, but they are on to some good stuff!

Just do what you can, and do what feels right for you.

After transitioning to the chair, it feels more right for me, and I find going back to the bed doesn't quite do the trick anymore.. but I made that transition on my own.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by theRiverGoddess

Ha, i hear what your saying.. I remembering reading something recently that said not even to wear socks, so there's nothing between your feet and the earth.. i guess it was a Qi Gong article.

I imagine the energy can still find its way through.
Maybe some people prefer a more direct experience.

You could also think...well.. my apartment is made of the earth and attached to it, isn't it? Or you could not look at anything as their objects/forms they appear as and see it as all the same energy in different patterns.

I could see these little things adding minor "resistance" though, but I haven't really done more then a few meditations outside, naked at that to offer a good perspective.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by CavemanDD

True enough, i'm learning to do it that way lately, normally i would do it lying down, but still only do it sporadically. Routines do not sit well with me

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
its time to open up and start absorbing cosmic energy guys.... before there is zero food left!!

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
We cannot exist on the faith, or word, of others anymore. We cannot put our faith in ancient, stagnant codifications of belief and behavior. Spirituality must be dynamic, instantaneous, individual and universally accessible if it is to be of any good. Spirituality is a map through the morass. Outdated maps do us no practical service. Real time spirituality is the only path to survival in these uneasy times. Who do we trust? Where do we go? Everyone has an opinion. Most are misguided. Some are intentionally spreading disinformation. Each of us is privy to DIRECT, instant, two way communication with the source of creation. Each of us is born with this connection, this ability, this essential sense. We must now learn to develop and trust in it. The time is rapidly approaching when we will no longer be able to trust others, only our own internal voice, our own secure connection to the cosmic mover. Those mired down in codified, non dynamic systems will search in vain for answers to issues not even imagined when the ancient texts were penned.

Good Post!!

papakrokschaosworks.blogspot.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join