It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conersations of the Introvert and Friend

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
This is an anonymous conversation between two of my friends... I will not change anything except I will not say who is who. I would implore you to just read. I believe he makes some good points. And, I want to know if any of it makes sense. When he showed me this conversation, i thought it might be interesting to share and hopefully some people here can help me understand what he might be talking about.

___
A: Back.

B: Hello sir..
What is your opinion on ghosts?

A: I'm very frightened of them.
No lie.

B: You believe in ghosts? (serious question)

A: Yes, I do. Why do you ask?

B: I have been wondering past physical existance for a while now.

A: What do you mean?

B: If we can dream... that means we can exist without physical means, yes? Our mental capacity allows us to live without the boundaries of physical movement... lucid dreaming. Yes?

A: Yes, I suppose.
If I understand what you mean, then yes.

B: We can feel...
in our mind.
Our thoughts make us feel.
Therefore,
we exist in our mind as well in the physical touch. They are equal.
Yes.
SO,
therefore...
Can we, after death, continue in spirit conscious thought without the boundary of human existence...
?

A: Like, in others' dreams?

B: No... as either ghosts/sprits/angels...
you know...
living beyond the physical life.
I mean,
the real question is this:
Do we have a soul?
Or, is it all bioelectronic?

A: Describe bioelectronic.
Or rather, define it

B: bio = living electronic = energy... our body is made of electricity that courses through our bodies and provides the ability for our nerves to react the way they do.
Possibly, this can make us feel.
but, is recognizing feeling able to to break the boundary of just touch.
Is there something deeper.
Like, in love...
is it more than just electricity?
that is what I want to know.
Because if it is...
then...
we can exist past our physical selves.

A: I'm not even sure what's happening right now, honestly. LOL

B: I am sorry... I am just looking for answers...

A: I don't have them.

B: That's ok.

so.... my question is this. Is person B correct in any of his logic? These are questions, from both sides that I have been wondering....

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   
The last few sentences spoken were really beautiful, I think.

Yes, anyway, the soul is the true being of a person, and it constantly transmits and recieves perceptions from all over Creation, but filters them with a body (which there are more than just one). The brain is the transmitter of the soul, the body the transmitter of the brain, and to a more external extent, the environment is the transmitter of the body. There are a lot of transmissions lost from just soul to brain, and even a few more so from brain to body, though because the latter are physical, there is the least transmission loss because they are the same constructs.

The soul manifests itself in different ways, I think of its choosing, for whatever reasons. As for ghosts... I think there are a lot of possibilities for why we see them; they wanted to be ghosts, they like freaking people out, they want to experience creation as a ghost, they have unresolved problems...

One of the reasons any soul is in a reality is to experience it, I think. Influence it, experience it, learn from it, etc.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   
You mean, does the soul continue, and if it continues can it do so by a variety of means or in a variety of transitions?

I tend to believe so..
But remember my friend,
In all of the world there is 6 billion minds, and each one of them will think you a different answer. Over time, you will discover that spread out amoung this 6 billion, scattered like spots, there are compatabilities between groupings of individuals within the answers that they will give.
As well there are incompatabilities within those same people.

So you can never get an answer that does not come from yourself, however, you can arrive at a similarity of what you think by viewing the many compatabilities of others.

Someone would have had to have 'been there' to give you a correct answer, and in being there they would have had to have processed what and where they were in a logical and observatory way. Then, what they experienced was only what they experienced and there is no proof as to if their reality is the same for everyone else's reality, as you did not see it for yourself to say one way or the other. But, there might be worth for further perception.

Personal Sincerity:
I try to keep my perception off of ghosts-as it tends to draw them near.
They don't like noise. It interrupts the communication. Unless they are musicians, and then well, the conversations tend to be....

Also all ghosts are not ghosts-the mind of the living can travel and convey. They really come acrossed much the same. However, I have noticed in my personal observation of mental fancies that with my age the ratio of ghost or living conveyance has flipped dramatically.

What is a ghost? shrug. I don't know.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Lifthrasir

So.. maybe a ghost is an unhappy spirit? Maybe taking these ideas there are people in the world who want to continue life... They want to be among the living ad therefore their soul remains to develop on Earth. I find that very plausible.

And to HugmyRek: You are saying that the physical mind traveling through the world can be mistook for a Ghost?

top topics

join