When Did You Choose To Be Straight?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

Well said friend. Surely the only way to answer the question posed by the op.

If there is a 'post of the year' award, you get my vote.

Seriously, perfectly stated

Post Starred.

[edit on 26/12/08 by logicalview]

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Studenofhistory

There is evidence that our genes have a sexual switch and I'm not talking about X and Y chromosomes. Apparently there is one gene that has a chemical 'on/off' switch which if on turns men hetero and if off turns them homo-sexual.

I've never heard of this.Have you any more information on it?

Experimenters set up the perfect rat environment with unlimited food and (initially) lots of room for one breeding pair of rats. Eventually the rat population grew to the point where there was obvious overcrowding. At this point, the human observers noted that some of the rats were physically attacking other rats and that some exhibited homosexual behaviour towards other rats of the same sex.

Population control?

rightwingnut

I like choice. Thats why I chose to use my body corectly, not in some perverse manner.

So you had/have feelings for the same sex then?

The whole alternate life style is about attention and ego stroking not child bearing. That's why us normals don't get it. Its all fantasy ending in horror.

Yeah,who doesn't like to be verbally and physically abused on a regular basis,called a threat to children and even society as a whole.Us gays just love that attention.
And what is this fantasy and horror you speak of?

These people miss a human life then try to say there is something normal about homo. They just wish and I mean wish they had a normal life. Ugly smelly men and sick women. Some men must really like to smell phecies.

Homosexuals can have children.And we do have normal lives.
And contrary to popular belief,not all gay men perform anal sex.Giving or receiving.

Dermo

I have a 6 year old cousin and I can almost guarantee he will be homosexual when he is older... and pretty camp on top of it.

Sounds exactly like my friends 8yr old.Some of the other kids already tease him and call him names.

[edit on 26-12-2008 by DantesLost]

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
There's too much hoopla attached to the physical acts of either straight sex or gay sex. If you get rid of all the connotations, and just take the acts for what they are- an expression of love, lust or an act of servitude if hired- towards another human being- the rest is just rhetoric.

Work your way back from that as a starting point. It's just an act. Depending on who you do that with, that act can produce children.

We were all probably born with an inherent curiosity for both sexes, but social and religious restrictions impose boundaries in exploration of same sex affection beginning at child development. Neither act will kill you directly, so for all intents and purposes, both acts are natural. Otherwise, our sex organs would have been designed differently in such a way that homosexuality would be impossible. With such careful detail in every other aspect of life on this planet, I can't see that as one that was forgotten.

A lot of things about the various religions don't make sense to me, and this is one of them. They are simply contrary to what nature provided us the ability to do. Why would nature provide that ability and then send down some bible or koran to tell you you can't? Nature said yes. Man said no. But as we can see, that is slowly changing.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by DantesLost

I just can't stop thinking about those females... probably because they're never interested.

Accidentally walked into a gay bar once, but had no idea until I walked out! They really got on my bad side, but my general ideas on the topic are pretty clear cut still:

"As long as you didn't do anything to someone against their will, you're within the law."

That's how I think the law should be, just really liberal. So, you gay folks can have yourselves a ball, and get "married" all you want to.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
To me, it really doesnt matter if your straight or gay. who is to say straight is actually being straight? why is gay not determined as straight? it really almost means the opposite if you think about it.

Straight - your going straight to the same sex and not the opposite.

Gay- to be happy and jofull - i dont understand the logic in Gay referencing people of same sex being involved.

As per your question. I knew, the moment playboy had Sable on its cover. And Tracy Dash bared herself for the first time.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
One last thing before i sign off here. Im Gay with being straight.. Goodbye all

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
K this my view on this gay thing –

Over billions of years through the course of evolution there has been a union between male and female, before that union there was just one sex that reproduced by itself without a partner. Now we’ve evolved with the need for a partner as a part of evolution just as we evolved to adapt to cope with changes to what ever those changes may be.

We have not evolved with the need nor requirement to have same sex partners as it does not help procreate. We have not adapted to be homosexual as we have adapted to walk on land after living for millions of years as fish.

Homosexuality is a result/effect, of being intelligent enough to choose between opposite or same sex partners. We are all born heterosexual due to billions of years of evolution, it’s only after we’re born and introduced to the environment and what we learn from it that we choose what we are or what we want to be.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   

My son says he "always knew" since he was young.

No he was never abused.

Came from a loving two parent home with a father that is manly yet sensitive, wise and kind.

--------------

I always knew I like boys more than girls. I remember being quite young and feeling a "tingle" whenever I saw some of the boys in my class.

I didn't know why I felt this way until I got much older but I always knew that I liked the boys.

--------------

You are trying to figure out something very simple.

It's a matter I believe of hormones and hard wiring of which we are all victims of the bodies we were given.

It is not a "matter of choice" as some self-righteous bigoted people want to believe.

-----------

Love sometimes knows no boundaries or sex, love sometimes just is.

You can't always chose who you fall in love with. As long as that person is kind, intellegent and adds to your life who is to say if it is right or wrong.

“I don't think homosexuality is a choice. Society forces you to think it's a choice, but in fact, it's in one's nature. The choice is whether one expresses one's nature truthfully or spends the rest of one's life lying about it.”-Marlo Thomas

“In itself, homosexuality is as limiting as heterosexuality: the ideal should be to be capable of loving a woman or a man; either, a human being, without feeling fear, restraint, or obligation.”-Simone de Beauvoir

“The Bible contains six admonishments to homosexuals and 362 admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they need more supervision.”-Lynn Lavner

When I was in the military they gave me a medal for killing two men and a discharge for loving one. ~Epitaph of Leonard P. Matlovich, 1988 (Thanks, Marlene)

Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands? ~Ernest Gaines

No government has the right to tell its citizens when or whom to love. The only queer people are those who don't love anybody. ~Rita Mae Brown, speech, 28 August 1982

What is straight? A line can be straight, or a street, but the human heart, oh, no, it's curved like a road through mountains. ~Tennessee Williams, A Streetcar Named Desire, 1947

About a year ago I was a guest on a network news show in New York. They were showing film clips from a gay pride parade down Fifth Avenue, but they only decided to show the part with men in dresses and heels. I had seen the parade, and there were men in business suits as well. After showing the film, the newsperson made some comments, and I found the comments extremely offensive. "This is what's wrong with the media," I said. "You show a fringe position. You show one point of view. You're closing the minds of the people by not showing them what the reality is." I got up and walked out, and I've never been asked back again. ~Kathleen Nolan

[edit on 26-12-2008 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

I love Rodney Carrington.

I listen to that song all the time.

I like my women like I like my chicken With a little bit of fat on the ends Not too much and not too little Just enough to make me grin

WOOOHOOO Sing you bas*&^%$!

Seriously,

I personally think everyone is bisexual to a degree. I think everyone has some level of tendencies, in both sexes.

And I think someone can just be gay for one person.

You just love them so much that gender doesn't matter. But some people have a preference more then the other.

I have always liked boys. There never was a doubt. Though occassionally a girl can be cute too.

Pamela Anderson has far more female fans then men.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   

I found the information on the gene switch in a book but unfortunately it's been so long since I've read it, I don't remember the title or the author however the book has 23 chapters and each chapter talks about the uniqueness of one particular gene in each of our 23 chromosomes. I hope that helps.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
i decided when i was in 8th grade geometry class when dawna dean bent over to pick up her pencil...

yowza!

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
There really is no choice. I don't care who a person sleeps with as long as we are talking informed consent and maturity. Your chemical makeup is determined before you utter your first cry outside of the womb.

All fetuses start out as female and it has been shown that not all male fetuses make a 100% conversion (including attraction to a specific gender). That is the same for bi-sexuals. Some of the hormone production is working both sides of the fence.

Those who try to live in opposition to their biology end up miserable. In the end, they either do themselves (and their loved ones) a great deal of harm because of their hiding in closets. Some luckily realize their orientation before it is too late and accept it.

I've seen a lot of people try to live "straight" and addicted to drugs, alcohol or dangerous activities. They are stressed because they are trying to hide the truth from family and friends, they have to be twice as careful as everyone else lest their gestures be read in the "wrong" way.

I am a female who has always liked men, although there are a few women that I would at least consent to a test run with.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I did not choose to be straight, it just happened.

I noticed one day that I was attracted to woman and never questioned it.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I've never understood why it's normal to be straight, gay is abnormal. I would like the straight people (or anyone...) to answer a question. Is it normal to be black, caucasian, asian, or something else? Which one is abnormal? Isn't that determined by genes, and environment (at least with what we know at this time...), kind of like gay or straight? Normal is simply the overriding or possibly mean (statistical) number in a range. That's then spouted to be the 'way'. If we simply said that's not how I am, but I'm glad your all right, wouldn't there be a lot more happiness in the world? Not everything is right and wrong, some just is.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Having a choice or having to choose is a stupid question to ask, it purely comes down to evolution and intelligence.

First there was evolution and so male and female had to come together to progress the lineage, as that lineage grew and so did intelligence to the point where we are today.

Now we don't just have to think about mating and prolonging the species, we are intelligent beyond the point of natural mating in the evolution sense of the word, and will and can perform the evolution mating cycle with just about anything that we choose whether the opposite sex or something else, you get my drift.

I reckon been gay is a choice as it goes against what is hard wired into our minds from the day we are born, but as we have become more intelligent then I guess that hard wiring has become somewhat frayed.

I don't mind people choosing how to live their lives, like most of the world if it does not infract upon your own life then live and let live.

Wolfie

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
First, most choices we make are subcons. but as i naturaly question everything... it would have been when i thought about it.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I don't mind straight people, as long as they don't act that way in public...LOL

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
thank you OP! i try and answer this every single time some idiot biased commenter replies with some form of "they made their choice" and so on. why do people hate science so much when it gives us so many answers?

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I think I knew when I started to notice tits!

I'm not gay, not even bi. Some people don't even bother to think about it and they'll never know.. I think some guys I know are in denial.

Everyone was laughing at me at a party because I told them I thought about what it would be like to "partake in homosexual acts".
... I would have moments where I would think about it, purely curious and I would come to the conclusion "..hmmm... no.. that thought doesn't excite me..and.. yeah I don't want that"... ha.

I'm PRETTY sure i'm straight.

I bet you other guys and gals have thought about it too, you gotta be honest with yourself, you could be depriving yourself of a better life.

EDIT: I didn't EMOTIONALLY think about girls until I was maybe 13 - 14 really, but sexually it seemed to take off by about 12 years old.

[edit on 26-12-2008 by CavemanDD]

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
All action originates from a thought process that involves, on some level of consciousness, a choice.
This is a statement from the "free will" point of view.
All action has been predetermined and is programmed.
This statement is from the hard determinist paradigm.
A determinist cannot rectify the discrepancy between,
the "i was born that way",
and their use and exercize of free will in all other matters.

So homosexual preference is a choice.

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join