It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American was a Christian Nation-What happened?

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker
I talk to the Lord Jesus just like He is in the room with me.

If I told you that that I talk to the aliens just like they are in the room with me at this very moment would you believe me ?

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by 5thElement

If I told you that that I talk to the aliens just like they are in the room with me at this very moment would you believe me ?

Why would I not?

Should I?

Do you have a point for me to consider?

OT

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by 5thElement

5, does this surprize you?

Bother you?

Intimidate you?

Worry you?

Help the ole' guy out, ok?

OT

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
American was a Christian Nation-What happened?

Time has passed, new ideas introduced and practiced.
New people have arrived and have brought with them,
heritage, culture, religion and beliefs.

Take this question back even further..

Native Americans -
This land was a vast open plush wilderness-What happened?

Time has passed, new ideas introduced and practiced.
New people have arrived and have brought with them,
heritage, culture, religion and beliefs.

This land used to be a lot of things. I think it's more
Christian than you think. Perhaps you are not happy with
the direction and to that all I can say is, "Enjoy what's left".

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

Thanks for your thoughts...

but I'm happy as a lark...just asking some poignant questions here?

By saying we've advanced, are you saying the founding fathers quotes/beliefs were juvenile/not effective...untrue?

OT

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Thanks for your thoughts...

but I'm happy as a lark...just asking some poignant questions here?

By saying we've advanced, are you saying the founding fathers quotes/beliefs were juvenile/not effective...untrue?

OT

Well. I think we have advanced on different levels. We haven't
advanced peace in any way. We keep dividing what groups we
have left into smaller groups. And this ensures that someone will
be at war or odds with someone in no time.

I think our founding fathers quotes and beliefs are not effective
anymore simply cause there are more factions and more resistance
then ever. They ring true and I think most, if not all have great
meaning, however we are in need of our own hero's and our own
freedom bringers now.

We can't stand on the past anymore as influential as it was or is.

There are no great voices in America that represent what we ARE
today, not that what we were is unimportant or not relevant. But
when we can't find something new and fresh we look back for some
guidance. Perfectly natural.

All religions aside, we need to develop what we have in our hands now
and make it work. Understanding each other is what we need to
advance. If there is understanding, then it shouldn't matter what word
preceded NATION... It's "our" NATION

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Nice reply...liked the part about a ldr vacuum currently ... i'm prayin Pres Obama and team fill the void

OT

ps; don't the baby out just yet, lots of wisdom in those old quotes...thx for not being adviserial bud.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Actually Christianity was on the ropes and seemed to be fading into obscurity with the enlightenment around the time the United States was formed. What Christianity there was back then is much different than the "Christianity" in the modern day world. Most of the intellectuals who formed this nation were deists and didn't subscribe to any one religion.

I'm personally happy this country wasn't founded on religion because the prospect of living in a Western Iran isn't very appealing to me.

[edit on 6-1-2009 by CuriousSkeptic]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Nice reply...liked the part about a ldr vacuum currently ... i'm prayin Pres Obama and team fill the void

OT

ps; don't the baby out just yet, lots of wisdom in those old quotes...thx for not being adviserial bud.

Thanks. I think Obama has quite a job ahead of him. Perhaps
his team can restore the void that you and others feel. The only
thing we can do is repair what is damaged, and the founding fathers
words may be a tool to do this. I don't expect them to be the one all
answer but it's also important not to let them be forgotten.

Religions may vary, but I think it is safe to assume that we
would all like an honest system that cares for us and works
with us and is for the betterment of mankind.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by CuriousSkeptic
...Christianity was on the ropes and seemed to be fading into obscurity with the enlightenment around the time the United States was formed.

I'm personally happy this country wasn't founded on religion because the prospect of living in a Western Iran isn't very appealing to me.

[edit on 6-1-2009 by CuriousSkeptic]

????

Founded? not the right term...influenced is the right term...what do you do with the 200 or so comments...around the time you propose christianity was on the ropes?

OT

Great name there CS...I think we should all strive to be a curious skeptic...got some balalnce there?

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Yeah, will be interesting to watch the new admin's start...

Crazy Avatar Chicken!!!! OT spects that latin is probably slamming me though

Jersey, huh? Use to go to Edison every month...

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   

---After researching both the old and new testament and seeing firsthand the love of God displayed in other people.

This is a typical type of answer anyone studying any religion would be likely to give, what makes any of them more true than the others?

You, too. can know HIM… he is more than a force.

So He is made of matter?

-----When you speak of Satan, what is your reference point? Where did you learn of him? Where did the concept come from? Do you refer to him as Lucifer, the fallen angel? If the old testament and new test. are reliable sources of Satan, certainly they are sources for God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit, right?

I was speaking hypothetically, sorry I didn't say so. But say God was a deceiving God, He surely would be smart enough not to give away his secret?

-------No I’m not a pantheist…HE is very very real to me... Healed my son, from a serious kidney disease...
Gave me a beautiful bride for 24 yrs... Gave me 3 great girls...
I can feel today, the feeling I felt when He saved me...saved, that's a religious word I know...sorry.
He is my best friend....He speaks to me through the Bible and within from His Spirit... being SAVED is not an ‘active’ thing on my part….I have nothing to brag about….it is a ‘passive’ term…where He reached down and forgave me.

Sorry to disappoint you, but "miracles" happen to atheists and Buddhists and Muslims and Jews and Hindus and Agnostics and everyone all around the world just as much as they happen to Christians. I am not convinced.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by cancerian42

---After researching both the old and new testament and seeing firsthand the love of God displayed in other people.

This is a typical type of answer anyone studying any religion would be likely to give, what makes any of them more true than the others?

You, too. can know HIM… he is more than a force.

So He is made of matter?

??????????

He's a 'person' to me...OT is not trying to be cute...I just answered your question...what's with all the ROUGHNESS?

-----When you speak of Satan, what is your reference point? Where did you learn of him? Where did the concept come from? Do you refer to him as Lucifer, the fallen angel? If the old testament and new test. are reliable sources of Satan, certainly they are sources for God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit, right?

I was speaking hypothetically, sorry I didn't say so. But say God was a deceiving God, He surely would be smart enough not to give away his secret?

Again...I just read your question..?????....and answered...should I have known....did not you say you were really interested in my responses? why all the stealth stuff? you really want to know? or are you playin' OT????

-------No I’m not a pantheist…HE is very very real to me... Healed my son, from a serious kidney disease...
Gave me a beautiful bride for 24 yrs... Gave me 3 great girls...
I can feel today, the feeling I felt when He saved me...saved, that's a religious word I know...sorry.
He is my best friend....He speaks to me through the Bible and within from His Spirit... being SAVED is not an ‘active’ thing on my part….I have nothing to brag about….it is a ‘passive’ term…where He reached down and forgave me.

Sorry to disappoint you, but "miracles" happen to atheists and Buddhists and Muslims and Jews and Hindus and Agnostics and everyone all around the world just as much as they happen to Christians. I am not convinced.

"OK, did I appear/imply/accuse/dictate exclusive-visty?" If so, please forgive me..."OK...I'm a bit confused....what is your belief? OT feelin' like SRV's guitar....beat up, scratched....etc....ooooch!" ???????????

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

I do value your response and I wasn't trying to sound very harsh, just presenting my regular thoughts. My belief is I don't know anything except existence, you can read my (one and only) thread about it if you want.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by cancerian42

????

OK, pls don't 'reply to all' to me....pls...?

Where's your 'one and only' thread?

Pls give me the link?

Are you a follower of the Lord Jesus Christ?

OT

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   

OK, pls don't 'reply to all' to me....pls...?

What? I don't know what you mean.

Where's your 'one and only' thread?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Are you a follower of the Lord Jesus Christ?

Like I said, I don't know anything besides existence, meaning that which I experience. From my experience I have not seen any evidence of Jesus being undeniably true. However, I always have an open mind.
Examples of undeniably true to me are that I exist and things around me exist in some form (including other people) and intangible things exist such as thoughts and feelings. Outside of these things is belief and speculation and perhaps unfound truths.

[edit on 6-1-2009 by cancerian42]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   

allright... I think we NOW have a dialog here...yes?

Thank you for the link....I will read/study/etc...

Please read my profile, if you have time...I am completely honest...heart on the sleeve...love/know/talk to the Lord Jesus everyday...

Seems weird, I know...

OT is SO challenged by the responses from this great website...

Contrary to some here (recent posters, etc?)...I am not concerned with POINTS...????...pls...not you for sure....don't even know why some would claim that?

I put my avatar picture and signature up there...that's it...

Certainly points, nor any other 'temporal' things have my interest....

Have you ever heard of the Romans road, it's not a website I'm talkin' bout...but a collection on NT verses?

I'm interested in what you think of them..???

OT
Phil 1:3

edit: grammar...

[edit on 6-1-2009 by OldThinker]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Please read my profile, if you have time...I am completely honest...heart on the sleeve...love/know/talk to the Lord Jesus everyday...

What do you want me to read on your profile, I went but I didn't see much?

Certainly points, nor any other 'temporal' things have my interest....

Mine either.

Have you ever heard of the Romans road, it's not a website I'm talkin' bout...but a collection on NT verses?

Just read them.

I'm interested in what you think of them..???

Not much, I have read them in the bible more than once.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   

OK...

sorry...see you later...

OT wishes you the best!

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
America was founded by Aethists who made it illegal for religious institutions to not pay taxes and everything they are doing.

Read the constitution.

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25 >>

join