It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American was a Christian Nation-What happened?

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
reply to post by OldThinker

Try explaining the love of Jesus to the native Americans that were shot, starved and chased out of their land.

I doubt they'll understand it.

Michael Jordon made a jump shot at the library of congress!!!!

Two events which have NOTHING to do with one another....

Are you ignoring my data man?

OT

PS Thanks for the post though

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

I'm part Cherokee.
There are LOTS of us in North Georgia.
The trail of tears didn't take everybody and most I know, even full-blooded believe in Jesus.
Remember, it was the military who did most all of the atrocities to indians.
Not preachers.
In fact missionaries went to reservations to help. (Unless they were catholic priests. ?)

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
reply to post by mr-lizard

I'm part Cherokee.
There are LOTS of us in North Georgia.
The trail of tears didn't take everybody and most I know, even full-blooded believe in Jesus.
Remember, it was the military who did most all of the atrocities to indians.
Not preachers.
In fact missionaries went to reservations to help. (Unless they were catholic priests. ?)

Thank you for that....don't think he really wanted to know...Lizard, am I wrong?

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   

On June 25, 1962, the Supreme Court first struck down school prayer by prohibiting students from using this simple invocation:

As a statitician I cannot ignore the cause and effect relationship here...see here for the graphs, data andeffect of the above external source...

www.whatyouknowmightnotbeso.com...

How bout SAT scores, single family homes, STD's, etc etc etc...

My secular-progressives may we please have a civilized discussion on this...or will you continue to ignore....I know its overwhelming huh?

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

Clearskies, thanks for tagging along here...this one may have run its course....I'll watch it for a day or so and may start another one on the charting I listed the last few days on LIFE AFTER the removal of devotional bible reading in 63 on society...we'll see THanks again!!!!

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Somebody has yet to post true evidence behind the validity of christianity and god him/herself. There is NO argument here. Christians believe in a book and that some guy with a beard split the sea with his hands...and some guy name Jesus turned water into wine. People who rationally oppose religious ideas believe in provable facts. End of Story.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by GlossomBoodchild

There was once a guy like you, his name was Thomas...he needed evidence too, he got it...OT prayin the same for you....have a nice life G!

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Keep praying to your mythical "god"....whatever floats your boat buddy. Did you pray for all of the young boys that got molested by your catholic priests??

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
People started going to church - I would imagine --
I dont know about your neck of the woods but around mine their are churches - churches and more churches -- they are springing up everywhere..... ??? why /// people think the end of the earth is at hand and they want to be saved... from what ...? the rapture...? it has already happend about 2,000 years ago... now what.... ? I dont know...~ Nibiru -- more evidence please .... no no ... global warming .... facts are facts and the rest of the universe is also warming up... so man has very little to do with it... ~ ok, New World Order ... well its an old world idea - global enslavement to treat people like cattle ... well if Nibiru is coming then less population would be very desirible ... I wont volunteer to be a victim how about you... ?

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by GlossomBoodchild

Keep praying to your mythical "god"....whatever floats your boat buddy. Did you pray for all of the young boys that got molested by your catholic priests??

Man, you mention that a lot? Agaain that has nothing to do with this thread...I give you a discourse on Jesus being a liaar or Lord, you ignored, gave you 20 paragraphs on the impact of Christianity, you ignored, gave you 4 posts on the OT being ahead of the science - curve, you ignored....

Yet you persist on bringing up abuse...I'm gonna say to you again, like I did 15 pages ago...let it go, forgiveness is t e only healer, worked for OT

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by BornPatriot

Thank you for the post, pls get out more...people of FAITH don't live in FEAR.

There is no buggie man coming in 2012...less conspiracy reading, more Bible makes a happy life...

OT-NO FEAR!

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Hopefully after I land in washington dc, and in between the four downs of the playoffs, I can check back and see you have done your due diligence and have researched some of the hard work I put into this responding to YOUR questions...

Go Ravens!

OT
Phil 1:3

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
btw...skeptics...while you were sleeping (off)
OT Listed about 25 disparaging statistics about how we have gone to the dogs...morally speaking since 1963 and devotional use of the Bible was removed from our school system...OT can't believe you all would agree, but it is a lot to assimilate....thots?

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Listen to me....i dont care what you say about your faith...you can believe all you want...that is your right...
you can cite the Bible itself all you want as proof of christianity...(silly?)....
please give me real evidenc of the existence of a guy in the clouds or whatever else you believe in....OR....just state that your belief is your right...and it is just that...a BELIEF....you see...I believe that water is made of H20....I believe that the earth is round...there is evidence for this...and if you ask for this evidence...I can present it to you as fact. Can you please...without citing from the bible itself...or from what anybody else has said about their experience with "god"...as evidence that there ACTUALLY IS a god....and that christianity was not founded to control the masses and exert power over gullible peasants...and to take money from them at church masses...please present this evidence in a fashion which correlates with reality. PLEASE. Otherwise....enough with your rambling about how this nation was founded on christian principles (false)...and what happened to this "christian" nation. It is just pure nonsense.....this board is better than that.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Deep breath big boy...

whoosaaaa...

I did not use/quote the bjkible once in the above-mentioned evidence ... you should try reading them, ok?

Man, can you just relax?

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker

Deep breath big boy...

whoosaaaa...

I did not use/quote the bjkible once in the above-mentioned evidence ... you should try reading them, ok?

Man, can you just relax?

OT, is sarcasm, contempt and scorn really the way Christians need to portray themselves?

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Originally posted by OldThinker

Deep breath big boy...

whoosaaaa...

Man, can you just relax?

OT, is sarcasm, contempt and scorn really the way Christians need to portray themselves?

Obviously no...

Can you elaborate where I was?

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

would you prefer, "pull my finger" as in your signature ?

OT (born at night, but not last night!)

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
With all due respect...I dont even know what youre saying anymore...just rambling.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by GlossomBoodchild
you can cite the Bible itself all you want as proof of christianity...

Alright I'll try one more time, sorry for the confusion .

I responded to your request...and did not quote the Bible...but still gave you evidence .

OT

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join