It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Earth Explode?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I consider myself a visual contemplator to the point where I must designate a hypothesis to any esoteric concept, before I can put it away. I hardly even know how to ask the question. That said, what would happen if a large enough quake cracked open the earth's crust causing insurmountable amounts of ocean water into the molten core?

First of all is this even possible, and if not, why? And wouldn't the steam reaction be enough to blow every opening on the surface.

This may be a ridiculous idea but for some reason my mind needs help with it.

AAC

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Who is earth?

Do you mean "could the earth explode"? I don't know. You say it the other way and it's like saying "I love lamp".

I do not know if earth could explode. Has to do with the core and James Woods or something going down there to stop it.

[edit on 25-12-2008 by pluckynoonez]

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
As much as I would like to be agreeable. There is only ONE Earth. So it was linguistically accurate.
There are many lamps to reference.

AAC

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by AnAbsoluteCreation

Either,

a) The core cools forever, ending life as we know it.

b) The ocean partly evaporates into boiling hot steam, ending life as we know it.

c) Chuck Norris, ending life as we know it.

I think they're all pretty valid, considering the question. Your choice.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Yeah but did you consider that chuck norris doesn't do push ups, he pushes the earth down.

And he also doesn't sleep, he waits.

Perhaps this is the nefarious plot of the next 007 movie.

AAC

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
You got me there.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Well the earth is not going to explode.

Its just going to die out. The earth is decaying just like the rest of the universe.

Its natural within what ever is created. When it has finished it's expansion it dies.

See it like a human is made. A human is made out of two parts. One part male and one part female. When the two parts meat it expands and create a being. When it is done expanding (old age) it decays and die.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
The amount of energy needed to make the Earth explode is unimaginable.

If, and they do all the time, a crack in the crust occurs some seawater could rush in but magma would rush in to meet it. The water would not fall to the center of the Earth or anything. It just ain't going to happen.

How do you think the Hawaiian islands came to be? Lava pushing up onto the sea floor right? Magma is under loads of pressure, it will come up and into a crack, like you're talking about, way faster than water come in.

Go to sleep and rest easy.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by AnAbsoluteCreation

I guess you haven't seen the deep under water videos of the lava constantly flowing out of the "crack" in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean. And I believe there are more such "cracks" in other oceans.
I'll see if I can find a YouTube link for you if there is one.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

See it like a human is made. A human is made out of two parts. One part male and one part female. When the two parts meat it expands and create a being. When it is done expanding (old age) it decays and die.

HUH? Have you been smokin' something?

[edit on 25-12-2008 by Muundoggie]

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muundoggie
reply to post by spy66

[quote

HUH?
[edit on 25-12-2008 by Muundoggie]

Cant you see the parallel in that.

The earth is borne(created) gets old. And die.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by spy66

The Earth has existed without life before. As far as I know, it resembled modern day Venus.

To see the worst 'death' Earth could endure, look to Mars.

Alpha and Omega plain to see, we are moving away from the Sun inch by inch...

Isn't it obvious?

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I have never "expanded" when I met the other part as you put it. Meeting someone does not create a being. I know what you are trying to say but please explain it like an intelligent person. We are not third graders on this site.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by YourForever

And in several BILLION years earth may look like Mars. Are you ready for that day?

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   

And in several BILLION years earth may look like Mars.

Yes, agreed.

Are you ready for that day?

Well, as they say, 'women are from Venus'. I welcome the prospects.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   

I have never "expanded" when I met the other part as you put it. Meeting someone does not create a being. I know what you are trying to say but please explain it like an intelligent person. We are not third graders on this site.

LoL sorry if i offended your intelligence.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by YourForever

Originally posted by spy66

The Earth has existed without life before. As far as I know, it resembled modern day Venus.

To see the worst 'death' Earth could endure, look to Mars.

Alpha and Omega plain to see, we are moving away from the Sun inch by inch...

Isn't it obvious?

I believe that earth was made for just one purpose and that is creation of life.

No other planet dose or ever has.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
www.ebtx.com...

Theoretically an 84 mile diameter ball of uranium at the earth's core going critical would have the energy required to accelerate half of earth's mass to escape velocity.

So maybe if you started in a hollowed out volcano and sent a nuclear warhead to the theorized uranium core and detonated it, you could blow up the earth, unless the world government paid your gajillion dollar ransom.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Its not going to explode. well, you know, they drill oil everywhere..taking oil out of the underground. The land could collapse or magma is becoming cooler.. thats going to be a major problem someday, not for another thousands years or maybe millions.

my 2 cents.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   
No the Earth would not explode, it would just make more "baby islands"
I believe this is how the Hawaian islands were formed

top topics

<<   2 >>

join