It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suspected Santa gunman takes life; 3 others dead

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Suspected Santa gunman takes life; 3 others dead

www.cnn.com

LOS ANGELES, California (CNN) -- The prime suspect in a Christmas Eve shooting and fire that left at least three people dead in a Los Angeles suburb has committed suicide, police said Thursday. Authorities had been searching for Bruce Jeffery Pardo, 45, after a man dressed as Santa Claus showed up and started shooting at a party at a house in Covina, California.

Pardo's body was discovered at a relative's home in the nearby suburb of Sylmar, and authorities have made a positive identification, said Lt. Pat Buchanan of the Covina Police Department. Buchanan said Pardo was the prime suspect in the Christmas Eve shooting.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
What a sick freak. Looks like up to six people have been killed at this point. I always wonder how these crazies go running around in society without being recognized as a nut job. I sure hope the families are ok, but man what a horrible thing to happen at Christmas. I wish this guy had just killed himself instead of going on a rampage.

www.cnn.com

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
but.. but ...
What about the reindeer?

you know
Prancer and Dasher, Cupid, Sneezer, Dopey, Moe, Larry, Curly and the red nosed one umm whats his name oh yeah Ted Kennedy
Whats going to happen to them?

I know Santa has a thing for venison oh well Too much Egg Nog last night what a freak!

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
It is a pagen festival after all, xmas and all.

Amazing the world we live in, but heck thats america.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Sounds like the plot of many a horror film. Sheesh if there were small kids at the house they will be traumatized by christmas and Santa for life;

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

you know Prancer and Dasher, Cupid, Sneezer, Dopey, Moe, Larry, Curly and the red nosed one umm whats his name oh yeah Ted Kennedy

Oh man that cracked me up.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
He became a sick shooter because of this worlds lack of love. Our world has conditional love and that means we will always have the KKK, terrorism, and even child molesters because in this world you have to be a certian way to be accepted in society whether ur committing crimes or not you have to be a certain type of person to be in a relationship so people wanna have sex with children because they feel like they can never be honest so they secretly turn into creeps or murderers.

Look at Cho from VT, I read from his novel that he really wanted a girlfriend and to be happy like every citizen on earth, humans, even ex-criminals just want to be accepted in society but so many people are so drowned in fear and paranoia our nation will slowly die by terrorism, global elites and other problems because humanity is becoming a joke anymore, We need to be like Jesus if we want all the criminal junk and crooked laws to stop.

We need unconditional love where we love everyone no matter what they done or think, yes I agree we need to put crooks behind bars but if we stop loving people because of who they are and who they can't control then we will have massive pedophile rapists, murderers, serial killers, drug dealers, virus attackers, hackers, and massive military like destroyers that have fun at hurting people in society.

We need a real change of attitude if we want prisons to start becoming ghost towns instead of being over crowded. Lack of compassion is societies downfall, we can tell how a country will be by the way we treat our prisoners, then we will be treated bad too.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Up to 8 dead + himself... hosted.ap.org...

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   

The suspect, identified by witnesses as Bruce Jeffrey Pardo, later killed himself in front of his brother's house in Sylmar, about 40 miles from the scene of the shootings, the police said.

Witnesses said Pardo, armed with cans of accelerant, went to the house looking for his former wife, Sylvia, with whom he had been entangled in a bitter divorce..

The frenzied shooting occurred just before midnight Wednesday at a two-story home on a cul de sac in Covina, a middle-class town about 22 miles east of Los Angeles. People who escaped the home, including one woman who broke an ankle as she leapt out of a second-floor window, said they had gathered for a family celebration.

www.iht.com...

I'm sorry, I don't care how bad a man feels like the courts have screwed him over, nothing justifies action like this.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I can feel the pro-gun anti-gun comments coming in thick and fast on this one....

How sad for the victims and their families. I just can not understand what must have been going through this man's head when he decided to do this, especially the bit about dressing up in a santa suit.... he could have just done it in his civilian clothes. Disturbing.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by just_julie
I can feel the pro-gun anti-gun comments coming in thick and fast on this one....

Well he recently divorced their daughter, so maybe he wanted a disguise to get in the house. No criminal record either.

But the gunfire was the least of it. His homemade device to spray gasoline everyone instantly apparently did the most damage. Sheesh the house is GONE. He must have been one very angry guy.

[edit on 26-12-2008 by Sonya610]

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raustin

What a sick freak. Looks like up to six people have been killed at this point. I always wonder how these crazies go running around in society without being recognized as a nut job. I sure hope the families are ok, but man what a horrible thing to happen at Christmas. I wish this guy had just killed himself instead of going on a rampage.

www.cnn.com

I agree, I don't care how depressed you are or how much your life sucks. Taking others down with you, especially an 8 year old girl, deserves a spot in hell.

An 8-year-old girl, elated to see Santa, ran toward the door. That's when, police say, Pardo lifted a gun and shot her in the face.

She survived, but somehow I don't think Christmas will a good time for her anymore.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
The guy looks like he might have been ex military... or police or somthing. Any word if he was?

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Mailman

Well I think this one is good for good conspiracy stuff:

Pardo's resume also claimed he worked at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory from 1985-1994, the police chief said. The lab could not confirm the claim Friday.

Source

You know, this "ex NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory" stuff is quite familiar isn't it? I have heard this before.

Seriously though, I feel bad about this tradegy. My thoughts and prayers to the victims.

[edit on 27-12-2008 by searching_for_truth]

[edit on 27-12-2008 by searching_for_truth]

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Anyone just watch the Mad TV episode tonite? Had a skit with a little girl that sees Santa, and he pulls out a gun and tells her he can't let her live (no witnesses). He says he will kill her parents too, as he puts a silencer on the gun.

I am surprised they aired that skit after this event, plus Mad TV is filmed in Los Angeles so it had to be on their minds. Guess it was already filmed and to late to change the plot. It was a funny skit but also very morbid when the real life story came to mind.

[edit on 27-12-2008 by Sonya610]

new topics

top topics

join