It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Preparing To invade Gaza

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Israel Preparing To invade Gaza

www.worldvieww.blogspot.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">

It is being reported that Israel is preparing to invade Gaza. The Associated Press released the following statement 1 hour ago:

Israel moved closer to invading Gaza, saying Thursday it had wrapped up preparations for a broad offensive after Palestinian militants fired about 100 rockets and mortar shells across the border in two days.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 25-12-2008 by tsrk30]

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I have posted the entire story at the Worldview blog. I also found information about this situation from Al Jazeera. You can read all the information at www.worldvieww.blogspot.com. This situation is developing quickly and I will continue to look for information. There is much more information to be found about this. I also found this statement:

In neighboring Lebanon, meanwhile, Lebanese army officers said troops discovered seven rockets set up with timers that were on the verge of firing near the border with Israel. They said troops were dismantling the Katyusha rockets.

They would not say if the rockets were directed toward Israel. They spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because of military rules.

The militant group Hezbollah has a large rocket arsenal, but has rarely used them against Israel since their 2006 war. Last year, a previously unknown militant Islamic group fired two rockets into Israel.

We will see a large conflict or will this be a small military operation? It is hard to say right now.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
The Bush Administration will most likely be more supportive of Israel during a military action, so I would not be suprised if Israel were to attack. With our miliary in Iraq, we already are in position to provide support of needed. If nothing, else, our troops will try to keep Iran from getting actively involved.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
It will not occur.

Jewish religious holiday and a significant Christian community in Gaze. War's over religious periods are frowned upon. Plus, elections are being held on February 10th; the government is behind in the polls and is sabre-rattling to increase potential support.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

im not saying it will happen or wont but attacking on religious days while frowned upon has happend in the past. the yom kippur war is a good example of this. it is obvious israel will do whatever it takes to crush the democratically elected government of gaza.

next time the us and israel give the go ahead for elections, they should rember to rig them first. things would have been much easier.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
S + F from me,

Good Blog updates,

Copy & Paste Here parts of the Source Links and some small quotes?

Elf

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   
So much for those who said it will not occur. I have posted video reports and links to a lot of information about the attack at the Worldview blog.

Here is the link:Worldview

Here are some important questions:

1. Will other countries get involved in any way?

2. How large will this military operation be?

3. What other countries should we be watching?

4. How long with the attacks occur?

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

It seems you were wrong infinite! Isreal has attacked Gaza this morning its been on the news all day.

Terrible footage of victims being shown. Sorry you were wrong.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join