It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lobbyists own the Bush Administration

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2003 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyeff
Will any of these make you happy BT?

Probably not since no matter how many facts there are about crooked Clinton and Hitlary,you just pick apart the messenenger,and not the person that did the crime.

www.papillonsartpalace.com...

Nyeff - I have no problem with facts, indeed, I live by them....you just have not supported your arguments with any of the credible kind. I know your type loves debate because they feel like they can go to WorldNet or NewsMax to get a bunch of 'fact' for support, but they don't carry water and are nothing but the type of partisan filth that has supplanted reasonable journalism with info-tainment. Case in point: Johnston's NYT article is a valid source, even though you didn't write how you think it relates to Clinton. The crank writing for the WorldNet is just that, a crank, and getting it confused with journalism ( 'eco-whackos'!?! & he's a Doctor!?!) is something any casual reader can see.
Do you know who owns the Weekly Standard!?! Or the writing staff!?!
Again, no problem with facts, I just am not as lax as you in what I call one.

posted on Feb, 3 2003 @ 01:21 PM
link   
So what do think a reliable resource is?I thought the NY TIMES was one. Or is only credoable when it supports your opinion.The only differance between our posts is the sides we our on.

In other words you use the same info to bash republicans.

posted on Feb, 3 2003 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Bull. I don't. Your making general assumption for a losing argument.
I don't bash Republicans, I bash Bush and all touched by his brand of Republicanism.
You've seen me rave about my friend Pete King - (R) NY
You know I was a McCain man for 2000.
Did you read what you posted? Did you read what I said in response? The NYT article I credited ou with, but without your take on it, I just saw Enron skirting their taxes, no Clinton favor was implied or spoken of in the text.

posted on Feb, 3 2003 @ 04:26 PM
link   
There is no bull in any of the posts about Clinton.He was/is as crooked as any president we have had.

The evidence is everywhere.Its not my fault you choose not to believe or ignore it.

As long as Enron was donating to Clinton they were allowed to not pay taxes.Do you think we could get away with not paying taxes for 4 years in a row?

At least that is my take on it.

posted on Feb, 3 2003 @ 05:31 PM
link   
It's been indicative of corporate America since the Reagan years. There were more things introduced under Clinton to stop that sort of thing than all the Bushes/reagan terms combined.
What I choose to ignore are allegations passing as fact; and that's what most of these things add up to. That's why you have to get them from the sites you do because no real news site would list it.

posted on Feb, 4 2003 @ 03:24 PM
link   
As well as every other administration since HOOVER!!!

We'd like to think OUR candidate is different but its SOP for all factions and parties, and usually the $$$'s are coming to them from the same deep corporate pockets.

Nothing new to report here, just the same ole same ole.

posted on Feb, 4 2003 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Bout Time, you have just misstepped. You say you are attentive to facts, but not allegations passing as facts. That is incorrect. You call Bush an idiot, and that is your allegation, which has no merit and is certainly not based in fact. You merely have ignored the facts laid out to you in previous discussions on this. Whatever he is, no matter how he has disappointed me, he is no idiot. And, while he isn't doing things as I'd prefer, he has done much less damage to the Constitution or the sovereignty of this nation than Bubba did even when factoring in the Homeland Defense idea. However, for you to face these facts you'd have to get over the one thing you are that you vehemently deny - a die-hard liberal calling himself a centrist.
I'm sorry, I really like you, but it's better the truth come from a friend that enjoys your company than an enemy that relishes the sight of any weakness.

posted on Feb, 5 2003 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Java
Bout Time, you have just misstepped. You say you are attentive to facts, but not allegations passing as facts. That is incorrect. You call Bush an idiot, and that is your allegation, which has no merit and is certainly not based in fact. You merely have ignored the facts laid out to you in previous discussions on this. Whatever he is, no matter how he has disappointed me, he is no idiot. And, while he isn't doing things as I'd prefer, he has done much less damage to the Constitution or the sovereignty of this nation than Bubba did even when factoring in the Homeland Defense idea. However, for you to face these facts you'd have to get over the one thing you are that you vehemently deny - a die-hard liberal calling himself a centrist.
I'm sorry, I really like you, but it's better the truth come from a friend that enjoys your company than an enemy that relishes the sight of any weakness.

So that's what an "intervention" sounds like!
I'll remember that in case I ever get addicted to something!

Here's the gauntlet I'll throw down that I hope is picked up by you and the non-prescription-drugs-to regulate-functioning-in-society-Right Wing ( there's what? 2 of those guys!?!
)

Please start a thread with the side by side analysis of what you deem to be the great curtailment of freedoms to the American citizenry that occured under Clinton CONTRASTED with the thread I laid out on the damage done by the USPA and other muisguided Homeland security tack ons by Bush.
It's a challenge boys, don't punk out!

Again, no black & white, Java. The fact that I despise the illegal squatter in the Oval Office does not make me a "die hard Liberal". Strongly Anti-Bush? Oh Hell yeah. For socialized medicine, a welfare state or disbanding of the military? Hell no.

The 'facts' to support the idea that Bush is an idiot are there for anyone with open ears&eyes!

That we are conditioned to have such low expectations for the most powerful man in the world, is the brilliance of deception to which I think you attribute to him.

But here's his resume & you tell me if someone with half that blush would get a quarter of the slack he's cut:

- 'graduate' of Yale & Harvard
- CEO and controlling board member to several publicly traded companies and a pro sports franchise
- Gov. of Texas
- President

He makes Gerald Ford seem like Churchil & Jack Welch rolled into one!!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join