It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Somali fighters warn Western powers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
An armed group battling Ethiopian forces in Somalia has told Al Jazeera it will take its fight beyond the country once it defeats its rivals.

"We are fighting to lift the burden of oppression and colonialism from our country ... We are defending ourselves against enemies who attacked us," Abu Mansoor, the leader of al-Shabab, said.

"Once we are successful with that we will fight on and finish oppression elsewhere on earth," he said.

Al-Shabab, meaning youth, split last year from the Islamic Courts Union which controlled much of Somalia, including the capital Mogadishu, until it was pushed out by government and Ethiopian troops in 2006.

It has since retaken large areas of central and southern Somalia and is putting increased pressure of the transitional government, which exercises little control from its base in the town of Baidoa.

'Islamic rule'

In Marka, just 90km from the capital Mogadishu, Ibrahim Almaqdis, one of the fighters, told Al Jazeera: "We wish to tell Bush and our opponents our real intentions.
"We will establish Islamic rule from Alaska and Chile to South Africa, Japan, Russia, the Solomon Islands and all the way to Iceland, be warned, we are coming."

Here's the link to the rest:

english.aljazeera.net...

"We will establish Islamic rule from Alaska and Chile to South Africa, Japan, Russia, the Solomon Islands and all the way to Iceland, be warned, we are coming."

A friend of mine replied to this story:

"Have fun storming the beaches in Venice, CA. as the 18th street gangsta's rain lead on your b**h asses....and the cop's let them....."

Abu mansoor is pretty delusional, he can't conquer Somalia, but some how he see's his little rag fag group of idiots conquering the world?

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
.....I can't think of an entity that I could be less fearful of than anything coming out of Africa. "Hey thanks for forgiving the entire debt now could we get on with your forced conversion please." Gimme a break. I wonder how many countries have to side with alqueda before we all actually "go to war", not like this half-assed Iraq disaster(my guess is like10-15 before it'd be worth the time)? I wouldn't be surprised if these guys thought we were going full-tilt right now. That would be a big mistake on their part I think.
Didn't churchill get flayed for ignoring hitler's declared intentions??? This threat doesn't warrant a reaction at all except for maybe just watching them. hehe. I'm still chuckling....somalia. Yeah and us canadians are invading the states next week too.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by heyo
Yeah and us canadians are invading the states next week too.

The US should have gone to war with Canada as soon as you unleashed Celine Dion on the unsuspecting world.

Your beer and bacon make up for that error, tho. And hockey.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by heyo

I don't know if you have been watching Edmonton news lately....

But the Somalians have been doing a fine job of eliminating each other at stop lights and night clubs.

Mogadishu=Compton here in Edmonton.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
So here's my idea:
First, the shipping company hire a mercenary security force to ride with the ship. They can afford it if they can pay ransoms to the pirates.
This will then allow the crew to do their job and not worry about security on their ship.
Since there is no reason for any speedboat to approach a ship on the open seas... should a flea of a speedboat that the pirates use come within 1/4 mile of the ship they get a warning not to approach any closer.
Approach any closer and you will be blown out of the water.
No more pirates.
End of Story.

Crazy maybe but if I was a pirate I would take heed of my buddies getting blown away.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Churchill was not the one, Chamberlain was the one who stood by and did nothing , if I remember this right!

Also when you invade from Canada please bring some good beer along when you come south!

As to Somali well I do not feel sorry for them, they will get what is coming to them.
I look around and it is the same group of people who are causing the trouble around the globe.
I'm getting tired of the U.S and Canada and the U.K getting the blame for everything.
All of us are not perfect but we do not just invade for the fun of it. And this is not for oil lol.
This is going to become a war that is for sure, but nothing we do will stop them. They will just keep pushing till they are wiped out. Look at what is going on. Every country that does not turn Muslim is being attacked , or agree with them. And it is spreading, so the way I look at it they are trying to pick a fight . And when they do we hear that, oh the world is going after us and we did nothing. Almost every week one of there Religious leaders comes out and says it is ok to kill everyone even there own , to get what they want!

And the Countries that have ships that are being attacked do not have to ask the U.N to defend them . It is there right. If we do not stand up as a people then we are going to be fighting them over and over for years to come with no end in sight.

new topics

top topics

join