It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why police made it out of the World Trade Center when firefighters didn't

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2002 @ 09:04 AM
link   
NEW YORK � Minutes after the south tower collapsed at the World Trade Center, police helicopters hovered near the remaining tower to check its condition. "About 15 floors down from the top, it looks like it's glowing red," the pilot of one helicopter, Aviation 14, radioed at 10:07 a.m. "It's inevitable."

Here is the rest of the story:
seattletimes.nwsource.com...

posted on Jul, 10 2002 @ 10:04 PM
link   
maybe firefighters have more guts than cops? always been my opinion...

posted on Jul, 11 2002 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I think both jobs are tough if you ask me. But firefighters face more danger. I mean it's not easy running into a burning building knowing that you may not make it out alive.

posted on Sep, 4 2002 @ 08:17 PM
link   
What about pulling over a car or serving a warrant and not knowing if you're going to get shot or not?

Both jobs are dangerous no matter what way you cut it.

posted on Sep, 4 2002 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I've known more lawmen to become room temp than the firemen, but I'd rather not go the way the firemen go.

posted on Sep, 4 2002 @ 08:28 PM
link   
The elements all tend to lead to some what nasty ends.

posted on Sep, 4 2002 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Well on top of lousy equipment,fireman are the ones who are better trained to deal with getting people out of a burning building.So they also went further up than the police did.The police's job would be to restore some sort of order on the lower floors and outside of the WTC.

It took a lot of gut's for anybody to go into those towers.

[Edited on 01-08-2002 by nyeff]

posted on Sep, 4 2002 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Both firefighters and police lost many friends that day. Firefighters though run straight into burning buildings knowing full well that they could be killed. I know of no other profession where people would willingly put their lives in danger(almost everyday) to save others.
Hail to the firefighters

posted on Sep, 5 2002 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Life guards?

posted on Sep, 5 2002 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Peh life guards shmife guards, they spend most of their time slacking off or perving.

I know, I used to be one

posted on Sep, 5 2002 @ 07:15 PM
link   
The Coast Guard is a bunch of life-saving lunatics; and don't forget the Air Force's Search and Rescue nuts.

posted on Sep, 5 2002 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Might as well mention the PJs while we're at it.

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 01:57 AM
link   
uh...... plan kinda failed there

new topics

top topics

join