It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Television hypnosis via binaural beats - a reality?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I know this is an old thread, but this morning while watching Fox News I heard unmistakable Binaural beats in the broadcast. I have used them in the past for meditation. I could distinctly hear the little ticking sound in the background. I have noticed this a couple of times and just now put 2 and 2 together. Not sure what to think of this. Are they doing this on purpose, or is this just some unintentional effect?
edit on 27-1-2015 by AGentMJ12 because: Missed word

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: AGentMJ12

Unintentional effect I guess. You can't do BNBs unless you have the different tones go into 1 ear each, and the sounds emitted from the headphones have to only go to that ear.

For a simple example:

10 - 7( =3 )

But if it crossed to both ears it'd be.

10 -7
7-10. ( =0 )

No effect would be produced and just be normal sound.
edit on 27-1-2015 by ghaleon12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I've thought about this very thing .. not only can they use sound but control flicker rates and Individual pixels for subliminal mastery..

You are on to something OP but why stop at sound?

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: warrenb

let me shed some light on this for you.
binaurals would require headphones to work, and maybe a surround system would be good enough, but unlikely.
i am 2.5 decibels deafer in my right ear than left, so i have to make adjustments if i use them. i make my own so that's easy. however, this could easily be done with isochronic tones.
isochronics are pulsed waves, usually i sine wave as in binaurals, but instead of two, one can be chopped like a tremeloguitar effect. this is likely what the poster above heard in Fox News.

I also should point out that it takes a good 4-8 minutes for entrainment to take effect, so it would be more useful in a show than in commercials. I do have a theory that that is why commercials are occasionally shown twice in a row, or ad nauseum throughout the evening...

There are other subtle methods they can use. I was catching up on the season of 30 Rock one night, with headphones on as to not disturb my room-mate, and quickly became aware of a weird tone. It which would start in a mid-range then progressively drop in pitch to a very low sub-bass tone, right at the "punch line" and end of each scene. 30 Rock is a very fast-paced show, and it definitely affected how I felt while watching it, like it was grabbing my attention (I never JUST watch tv, I'm always doing something else as well.) Once I was aware of it I just couldn't keep watching it.

I was actually going to post about this soon, but I suppose here is as good.
Keep in mind that flashed pulsing lights can do the same, so scene changes could be timed at entrainment frequencies.
Also, I don't think there's even any rules or legislation regarding subliminals in YouTube or other internet videos, or music - so be careful what you click on - and extra careful what you download & listen to in headphones on your phones and pads!

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: warrenb

Here's an example:
(i can't get it to embed properly - www.youtube.com...)
This song is 100 BPM, & Hz = BPM/60.
The guitar is pulsed at 16th notes, which makes that 400 BPM, or 6.66Hz Theta brainwave entrainment.
I'll leave the numerology up to those who buy into that sort of thing...

edit on 29-1-2015 by KAOStheory because: embed error

edit on 29-1-2015 by KAOStheory because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-1-2015 by KAOStheory because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I have an essay writing. I would like to write my essay cheap. I think this forum will be helpful.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Pilots that fly multi-engine propeller driven aircraft know binaural beats very well.
The engine RPM's have to be synchronized precisely, otherwise the effect can become very uncomfortable. There are special electronics that do this for more modern aircraft, but in the early days it had to be done manually. There was a special box with a tuning knob that had to be turned to obtain the synchronization of 2 or 4 reciprocating engines, so that the pulsation could be smoothed out.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join