It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kosovo names street after US President Bush

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Kosovo names street after US President Bush

rawstory.com

City also plans Bill Clinton statue for Bill Clinton Boulevard

PRISTINA (AFP) — Kosovo decided Wednesday to name a central street of its capital Pristina after outgoing US President George W. Bush for his support of the territory's split from Serbia.

Backed unanimously by Kosovo's cabinet, Prime Minister Hashim Thaci said the move was "a sign of the huge state and national respect and appreciation" for the United States' contribution to independence, declared earlier this year.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
If there comes a street with his name, some day I will walk to that street, I take a piss, and leave my old boots over there...

Thats a long piss good bye!

Hitler maybe was a disaster for Germany, but Bush was a disaster for the whole world...

There just aint no words... Only that maybe there still are peoples who have no idea, what they are supporting... But ok, thats good for Neocons, there still is one country left in Europe where you can travel; without scaring flying shoes... To Kosovo!

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 24-12-2008 by JanusFIN]

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
It is because US was one of the first countries to recognize the Independence of Kosovo.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by DesmoSedici

Right. And while I dislike the actions and attitude of the Bush administration as much as the next ATS-goer, it is unfair to say absolutely nothing good came out of it. Like how it helped Kosovo here for instance.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I actually feel insulted by this. I voted Democrat so I could tell Bush and the Republican **** you, and then, this to me is like Somalia saying to the people here who voted for Obama, like me, "well so what I don't care that Bush sucks, F U".

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Well, when they name a street after Obama, it will be fair play.

As long as it's a one-way, dead-end street!

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
hey

if he gets a street there, maybe we can apply to ??? My guess is that the Average ATSer has done more good to the world than Bush.........

Boulevard du ATS sounds kina sexy for a street name in French don't u think?

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Why would anyone name a street after Bush....I mean he is a bad president he doesn't deserve such an honor.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocketgirl

It doesn't matter if he is a bad president or not. Thousands of streets around the world are named after dictators and despots. Then the new dictators come along and rename all the streets. after themselves

[edit on 24-12-2008 by jsobecky]

new topics

top topics

join