It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Has Our Military Refused to Show This Training Video To Our Troops Now Serving In Iraq?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   
www.informationclearinghouse.info...

the video is the Depleted Uranium Hazard Awareness training video. it teaches marines how to handle depleted uranium munitions. it was used in the past but not now.

STILL TODAY the vast majority of servicemen and women in the U.S. military, and likely in the armed forces of other countries which are developing or have obtained depleted uranium munitions, are unaware of the use and dangers of depleted uranium munitions, or of the protective clothing and procedures which can minimize or prevent serious short-term exposures.

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Because, according to the US govornment, its all in our heads and DP is as harmless as agent orange, which, contrary to the thousands of documented troops and vietnamese civilians, is totally harmless, wouldnt kill a mosquito, and all those birth defects, liver suicides, and babies with half a brain is all in our imagination.

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Because, according to the US govornment, its all in our heads and DU is as harmless as agent orange, which, contrary to the thousands of documented troops and vietnamese civilians, is totally harmless, wouldnt kill a mosquito, and all those birth defects, liver suicides, and babies with half a brain is all in our imagination.

There was TV show that followed a few DU clean-up crews. They were burying some US tanks that were taken out by friendly fire in Iraq. The crew were all wearing haz-mat suits.

Scary stuff.

[Edited on 6-4-2004 by Facefirst]

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   
STILL TODAY the vast majority of servicemen and women in the U.S. military, and likely in the armed forces of other countries which are developing or have obtained depleted uranium munitions, are unaware of the use and dangers of depleted uranium munitions, or of the protective clothing and procedures which can minimize or prevent serious short-term exposures.

That video is no longer shown, there is a newer and better one. I will see if I can get a copy of it and try to post it. I had to sit through it so many times I can almost recite it line for line. It was made back in '96-97. Chances are they have made a newer one than that.

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I remember seeing that video when I was stationed in Korea, around '99. Before I was deployed to Iraq, I don't remember seeing a video (but that doesn't mean anything, we had TONS of videos that you tried to stay awake through) but I do remember having a couple of classes on it (again, buried between 20 other classes).

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Because, according to the US govornment, its all in our heads and DP is as harmless as agent orange, which, contrary to the thousands of documented troops and vietnamese civilians, is totally harmless, wouldnt kill a mosquito, and all those birth defects, liver suicides, and babies with half a brain is all in our imagination.

Well at least with Agent Orange, They did finally admit to it, and Class Action Law Suits have been Filed along with compensation for Military Families.

When my Dad got Heart Disease, Diabeties Etc. He had to go to the VA for test that prove it was Agent Orange that had done these things. They Formally Apoligized, but my Dads a USA kinda guy and wouldnt sue, He died Shortly after Of Cancer, right before have to go on Dialisis.

And Dont Forget to Add Gulf War Syndrome to the List of new things our Brave Men and Ladies have brought home with them.

[Edited on 6-4-2004 by ShiftTrio]

new topics

top topics

join