It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians/Christmas Gift 2008

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I don't really need to say this but it's easy to get overwhelmed and distracted with things of this world during the next couple days.

The most incredible gift we ever received was Jesus salvation so don't forget to let God know through prayer how thankful you are! To those that haven't opened his gift yet have no doubt it's under the tree waiting for you!

Merry Christmas!

[edit on 12/24/2008 by kinglizard]

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

Wonderful thread, KL and beautiful music. It is so easy to forget the true reason for the season amid all the hustle and bustle.

The boys voice in the second video was absolutely beautiful and what a wonderful song. Adorable little boy. Listening to the 3rd video now in another tab [Edit to add: Wow beautiful voice]. And your first one said it didn't allow embeds when I tried to play it so I will click the link and listen to it on YT directly once the third video is over. Thanks for sharing.

[edit on 12/24/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I really wanted to post a version of O Holy Night from the Tabernacle Choir that I have on disk but I couldn't find it on YouTube. They do have a version but it's not the same as the cd. The one I'm talking about is so powerful it make your eyes water.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Thanks for that!
It makes you really think about what Christmas should be about!
((((((HUGS)))))))

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   

That's awesome! I was two seconds away from making a comment on 'O Holy Night' but was afraid it would come across as trying to compete with your song selection. I heard one version last year that made me cry like a little baby right in the middle of Christmas service at church. I've heard the song a million times but never really contemplated the lyrics or thought about the imagry that went along with it until that night. Very moving.

It wasn't from the Tabernacle Choir like you mention, of course, but was instead a female member of the congregation singing it. It was so beautiful and you could tell she was lost in her love of Jesus while singing and wasn't even paying attention to the crowd.

It's definitely my favorite Christmas song.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   

One more to add. It's not the Mormon Tabernacle choir but one of my favorites (Bob Seger's version). We went to a Christmas Eve service at my mother's church tonight and the song was sung by the little boys of the church. They were so off key, half of them didn't know all the words, and their drums were off rhythm from the background music but their hearts were so into it. It was the most precious thing I've ever seen. You just wanted to go up to the stage and hug them.

Anyways, I love this song. I could only imagine being before Jesus on that night, presenting a gift of love to Him. It would be more than I could stand without losing composure. Such a sweet song:

[edit on 12/24/2008 by AshleyD]

join