It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A conspiracy to end religion!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
There is currently a thread titled:
"If man kind is to survive, religion must end"
See: www.abovetopsecret.com...

ATS is a designed to bring to our attention certain information regarding conspiracy theories, unusual events, and surprising news. So with that in mind, any opinion pieces are a simple side-bar and there is no reason to flag a simple opinion piece like this beyond a couple flags or so in order to keep the real stories on the front page.

When I saw that opinion piece on the front page getting a bunch of flags when the opinion is a bunch of drivel, I was disgusted. But when I read it I quickly realized that it wasn't really an opinion piece but by asking for flags and stars the OP was just saying: "Hey, lets end religion!". Clearly by specifically asking for stars and flags the poster wants to conspire with others to put an end to religion. The number of flags just goes to show how broad an far-reaching the conspiracy goes.

Now personally I don't care if religion ends or continues. I know better. I know if religion were to be ended it would simply be replaced with another philosophy that could potentially actually be worse than religion ever has been. There is no surveys that I know of that show which alternative philosophies people who abandon their religion actually subscribe to that I know of, so I unlike most atheists will admit that religion may very well be a wonderful and great thing because I won't lie to myself and pretend that I know what it would be replaced with.

Furthermore, to participate in a conspiracy to end religion is by definition religious extremism. Saying "religion must end" is an extreme belief about religion, namely that it all must end. It is ironic how certain atheists in one minute will say religious extremism as horrible, then spout off that religion is evil and must end immediately. What an extreme idea about religion, therefore religious extremism!

It is clear and concise that such drivel like "religion must be put to an end" is a tool to divide people who would otherwise get along. It also distracts ATS members from actual issues. Instead of trying to destroy religion these people should simply voice their alternative philosophies. If they are better then religion will in fact end and it won't take any lawsuits.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by truthquest

nevermind

[edit on 24-12-2008 by asmeone2]

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Deleted, since post this was responding to was removed.

[edit on 24-12-2008 by truthquest]

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Religion has ZERO evidence to support its wild claims. Doesnt the recent 2 million year old discovery not strike you? Even more proof of evolution. You jesus praisers just cant get out of the narrow mind way of thinking.

God is no longer relevant. This is an aethists call to arms.

Watch Cosmos. 13 episdoes 1 hour long each by Carl Sagan. When you understand the universe you live in everything is crystal clear and not delusional. People are SCARED of the very idea god might not exist. It's rediculous. Billions of people have different beliefs the only logical explaination is they are all wrong and evolution and mother nature has all the answers. Science doesn't believe in evolution, evolution just so happens to be the primary method in which different species have evolved over millions of years. Scientists study this. Insect life has been evolving faster than mammals.

Science has been saying for aeons we don't know if there is a god or not. That is the only logical explaination.

If there is a god who created the god.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
This thread isn't so much about a conspiracy to end religion as it is the topic starter whining about a thread they don't agree with.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
who else is tired of all these lame religious threads?

We could take all the religious people on the planet, throw them into a gladiator kill or be killed competition.

Any survivors get a one way ticket rocket ride off planet where the can take their chances in finding a new planet to pester with their religious hullabaloo.

[edit on 24-12-2008 by warrenb]

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   

I agree. It goes much deeper than you think, when you consider the Anti-christ will OUTLAW all worship, but his own.

How many stars and flags does that thread have?

How many of those who flagged are of various belief systems, but want to get rid of Christianity specifically in favor of their own?

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

And people like you call religious people intolerant.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I don't understand the reasoning behind religion.
Don't we all already know what is right and wrong?
We do - we all do.
We need religion to make us GOOD? It's a copout.
In many cases religion just stands in the way of people taking responsibility for themselves.
Teach love and tollerance. Not religion.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Yeah I've been pretty shocked at the amount of stars and flags that the other thread has too.

Just goes to show how many absolute simpletons visit this site.

While I don't signup to any particular religion but just try and keep an open mind to exactly what the hell reality is, you could still call the way I think a religion. That is to say....you CAN NEVER RID THE WORLD OF RELIGION! It's impossible because even if you don't believe that anything is even real and that none of this is even happening....it doesn't matter....that's the same thing as having a religion.

This idea that mankinds problems would be solved if religion was just wiped away, is completely insane. It's just a buncha people looking for a quick fix to societies woes. No really impressive minds involved, thats for sure.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by davion
This thread isn't so much about a conspiracy to end religion as it is the topic starter whining about a thread they don't agree with.

This thead is so much about a conspiracy to end religion and has little to do with whining about a thread I don't agree with.

"end religion" Google results: 57,000
"end atheism" Google results: 635

"Science Must Destroy Religion"
www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by spinkyboo

right and wrong are a matter of personal perspective, and therefor only exist in one's mind, as allowed by one's ego. I don't think the moral part of religion is the important part. The fact of the matter is, religion is a way of explaining the world around you. Nowadays we're finding more reasonable explanations for what reality is other than..."god(s) did it."

But for a while organized religious beliefs were the best guess that most people could come up with, and so served their purpose as a stepping stone to deeper understanding.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Stalin, Mao and many others certainly tried to get rid of religion, only to lift up the state and government as gods.
They killed more than the crusades in some of the worst ways imaginable!
The inquisitions were bad, too!
Man is fallible.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Stalin, Mao and many others certainly tried to get rid of religion, only to lift up the state and government as gods.
They killed more than the crusades in some of the worst ways imaginable!
The inquisitions were bad, too!
Man is fallible.

exactly....eliminating religion is like trading half a dozen of one for six of another.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb
who else is tired of all these lame religious threads?

We could take all the religious people on the planet, throw them into a gladiator kill or be killed competition.

Any survivors get a one way ticket rocket ride off planet where the can take their chances in finding a new planet to pester with their religious hullabaloo.

[edit on 24-12-2008 by warrenb]

Amen

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
This is what I saw.

If you are honestly seeing something different then I do appologize because I thought we all saw the same thing.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2

I appreciate the response. The posting I was referring to was in the "Top Topics (3 DAYS)" section which can be found by searching on the page for "religion must end".

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   

I have edited my post because we were looking at two different "Front pages," BUT i think my point still stands, there are almost as many people who want to keep going with religion as who want to end it.

[edit on 24-12-2008 by asmeone2]

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies

Damn good point, CS. There seems to be a conspiracy here to replace personal spirituality and religion with government instead. The powers that be know our faith empowers us. They're attempting to kill the faiths of their people so all they have is their government. History proves this will be tragic. It's heartbreaking to see people rallying for it. They don't even realize what they're doing.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Ending religion would only make matters worse.

Here is an Idea, if you dont like what you see,hear with a certain type of religion.... try not looking or involving yourself at all.

No one has a gun to your head.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join