It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: US Forces Under Attack in Ar Ramadi, Iraq - Heavy Coalition Casualties

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase

Originally posted by jsobeckyI say, bull#. Level the place.

What right do you have to level a place because they killed soldiers that shouldn't have even been in their country in the first place?

I don't recall anyone extending an invitation to the US to go down to Iraq.

thats not the point, in a war you fight the enemy to win, period.

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   
dbates is correct. We should be using Bradleys, etc. to wipe these a##holes out, and quickly.

Like I said in another post, they should have buried that al Sadr guy in the desert months ago.

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 05:49 PM
link   
~What a f*cking disaster. My heart goes out to the soldiers whos lives have been lost.

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 06:08 PM
link   
This just more proof that things are getting worse and worse by the week over there in Iraq. These extremists are not going to surrender. This has officialy gotten ugly. Lets see how the administration spins this latest attack.

Im not surprised this happened. Wake up people .... this is just the begining.

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I hate to make jokes at such a disastrous situation, but this looks like an insurgent version of the infamous Chekinaw / Shock-and-Awe attacks.

And americans arent the only ones taking casualties.
news.bbc.co.uk...

"In Tuesday's fighting across Iraq:

There were heavy clashes in Falluja, where US marines, backed by helicopter gunships, tanks and assault vehicles, seized part of the town; a number of Iraqis were reported killed

Italian troops killed 15 Iraqis in clashes with Shia militants in the southern city of Nasiriya

One Ukrainian soldier was killed and five wounded in clashes with militants in Kut, south of Baghdad, the Ukrainian defence ministry said

A Bulgarian truck driver was killed when his convoy came under attack near Nasiriya

Two Polish and three Bulgarian soldiers were wounded in a shootout near the city of Karbala, a Polish military spokesman said

Clashes were reported in the southern town of Amara, where UK troops are responsible for security; fighting there has left 12 Iraqis dead over the past 48 hours. "

[Edited on 4/6/2004 by AlnilamOmega]

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 06:38 PM
link   
so you think resistance will be crushed in a few days in this city??
never to rear its ugly head again here in this city???

and how long will it be before its crushed everywhere in iraq??
answer: Never!

my best friend has a son in this forsaken land and i think of you every day lance ...that you may come home safe to your family and friends...

you think this war is not similiar to vietnam....
vietnam was a created deception just like this war is...
The air power that you speak of that we didnt have in vietnam is a load of crud...
we werent allowed to go past the DMZ with troops into the north ....
question: How do you win a war where your not allowed to invade the half where all the troops are...

if you dont think there are restrictions on this war like there was in vietnam ...think again...there is

WE bombed Hanoi in 1972 right to the peace table and when we stopped bombing they walked away...
Why did we stop bombing???
Because the U.S. did not plan on winning this war it was a deception...

This war is a deception also....except on a far more sinister scale than supposedly trying to stop communism

sounds a little like trying to stop terrorism or one of the other bogus reasons the american people are being fed...wouldnt you say ???
This war is based on deception and distraction...it is being used to set up a deception on a grand scale that will affect the entirety of humanity...
my father fought in vietnam and my grandfathers fought wwii and my ancestor was a general in the revolutionary army.
Lets not make all the men who have died for this country presently and formally be in vain for the global elites manipulation of world events...
Because that is what is happening...
problem/reaction/solution

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 07:24 PM
link   
*First off all, in my opinion the American arrogance regarding the entire Iraq issue is very similar.

Originally posted by dbates
This is not Vietnam, and the Iraqis are not fighting the same forces that the Vietnamese fought. We have air superority that was undreamed of in Vietnam. Instead of looking out for SAMs shooting down fighter jets, we just have to worry about small arms fire and unguided rpgs.

*In my view it's like Vietnam, as technological superiority has hardly any use against an guerilla style resistance army that fights from within the population with the majority of their public support, unless ofcourse you say...

Originally posted by jsobecky
Level the place.

*Like the U.S. tried in Vietnam without big succes, but with a high rate of civilian cassulties instead. It just made the general resentment against the U.S. forces grow bigger and did incidents increase, it will do the same here, if you ask me. Going in with tanks or heavy fighting vehicles is "idem dito."

*Furthermore forces on the ground are asking and telling themselfs, "What the # am I doing here, and what for?" or "I just want to go home, I'm here for over a year now!"

*The fact that the U.S. goverment is considering to send more troops, even dough they primary believed and promised that they had sufficint personel for this opperation, and ofcourse that they would come home soon, again just like in Vietnam.

*The instalation and failiure of a "puppet goverment." The lack of understanding and respect towards foreign cultures.
Resulting in the confusion by the U.S. towards the unwillingness of the occupied people to accept their "given American freedom".

*Finally, they might not have a "green" jungle in Iraq, but enough urban ones, and the believe and dedication of the underground resistance that could turn them into similar hell-like settings.

[Edited on 6-4-2004 by Hoaks]

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by namehere
thats not the point, in a war you fight the enemy to win, period.

I was under the impression that wars were fought with peace as the end in mind, not annihilation. In war you should not want to utterly destroy the enemy, nor do you want to cause him to hate you such that peace will be impossible to attain when the war is over.

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 07:50 PM
link   
12 Marines Reported Dead in Ramadi Attack

And it appears that Sky has changed their report and they are not mis-printing 130+ US anymore:
HEAVY FIGHTING IN IRAQ

As many as 12 US marines have been killed in fierce fighting in Iraq between Coalition forces and what is thought to have been Saddam Hussein loyalists.

Earlier reports put the death toll after the "intense" battle as high as 130.

seekerof

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 08:05 PM
link   
And what do you suppose we do Aceofbase leave the place like a one hit wonder, ooops sorry didnt notice your screen name =).

Its gonna be a long couple weeks for the Clerics in this country. They gave it a shot I guess. but is that gonna hurt them tomorrow.

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 08:06 PM
link   
WEll this is a sad situation, but it was only a matter of time before this happened. Many of the cowardly americans wanted to pull the troops out so thats what we are doin even tho the mission is not over. Bush had to say mission complete to apease the left that this was not veitnam. Also another reason we are losing lifes is not because the training of the enemy nor the advantage they have. We are merely outnumbered in that town. Yet we are too scared to pull out the big guns because we dont want to lose civilian lives to save the lives of our own soilders. They could ahve taht town leveled in a mere 2 hr. if they wanted two then roll through with bradlys and take out anythng that tries to shoot at them. We had a moderate size marine detachment there and thats it with standard weapons. ITs somalia all over again people not Veitnam.

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Only about 15% of Iraqis are the bad ones, the others are'nt doing anything to help. They sit there complain, while our boys get shot. Then they are parading that those copntracors got killed. If they dont want our help, screw 'em.

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Vietnam My @ss, Do you even know anything about the subject? My father did 2 Tours and I grew up around people who went through that hell. 100 Troops Comapred to 50,000 Give me a Fing Break. Do you know about any war, Do some research, All wars have these things happen. The only difference. You didnt have Fox there or CNN. SH!t This is Nothing compared to what we have been through before.

Your right when you say it will never be excepted by everyone, Just like things here Remember OK City?

But We Will Wipe the floor with them, (wether you think its right or wrong) It will be stopped and enventualy the majority will not want bloodshed and the US will be out (to some event)

I do not like this admin either, I wont vote for bush and I think he is a ball face lier, But that will not blind me from the truth I guess thats why Im not left or Right.

Sorry the Vietnam thing gets me going, since its not even close to this kind of war.

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Posted by jsobecky edited by john bull

One reason we're taking such heavy hits is because we're pulling our punches....we are NOT using the firepower we have to handle this; the US doesn't want to affect too many innocents. I say bull# level the place

You are ****** stupid killing innocents and civilians is bad. And leveling the place would kill thousands of innocent civilians and in the end it would make more resistance against US forces. Dont make stupid posts ass hole.

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 08:42 PM
link   
excuse me but what weight do u have callin a senior memeber an asshole. I said they could but did i say it was a good thing NO. SO please read the post (yes i know hard to for spelin errors thats a prob of mine) Im just sayin we are givin them way too much lenecy and out extreme caution is killin our own soldiers. These peopel will not stop fightin until there all dead or their resolve to fight is gone. These people do not care bout civilian lives liek we do. They dont care if they die or live they are supporters of totalitarian gov't. We should send in our heavy gun liek the abram and bradlys shoot anything thats moves in teh street and then once we clear teh streets do a house by house search for these terrorist.

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   
This guy al Sadr is holed up in a mosque, supposedly untouchable, because a mosque is supposed to be out of bounds. We are not playing "Olly Olly In Free" here. The Iraqi police should walk in the mosque and grab him.

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   
If you storm a Mosque, you'll create more Al Sadrs.
You guys aren't getting this.

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   
ShiftTrio (& Quicksilver)...
I can understand your problems with the comparison, I really do, but I was just trying to to point out the fact that the time has arrived for the U.S. to learn a lesson they could have been taught many times before. You didn't seem to get that point.
Yes 100 or 50000 is a big difference, but like you said, then we didn't have CNN or Fox (in reality, 726 coalition deaths, 623 Americans, 59 Britons, five Bulgarians, one Dane, one Estonian, 17 Italians, two Poles, one Salvadoran, 11 Spaniards, two Thai and four Ukrainians, in the war as of April 6, 2004). Now a far less number of U.S. casualties and/or a few stomach twisting TV images are enough for many people to get the picture.
For the soldier on the ground it's similar for another reason, as anyone could be the enemy. That's also a reason why friendly-fire incidents between coalition forces and Iraqi police are increasing, a sign of lack of trust. Oh and it's not just one city anymore were talking about here, Ar Ramadi, Najaf, Fallujah and probably more. Plus the fact that it's now Soeni and Shia anti-American violence.
ShiftTrio, one thing, I do my homework, and I won't give anyone a break. If you want one, take one.

[Edited on 6-4-2004 by Hoaks]

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase
If you storm a Mosque, you'll create more Al Sadrs.
You guys aren't getting this.

Yes, we run that very real risk. But if we take that refuge away from them, and let them know that it will not be there in the future, then maybe things will start to change.

Do you have a different solution?

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 09:29 PM
link   
How about using a gas to drive the people out??

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join