It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: US Forces Under Attack in Ar Ramadi, Iraq - Heavy Coalition Casualties

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Earlier Fox showed 100 Iraqi and 12 coalition in Al-Ramadi, 4 in Fallujha and 2 in Bahgdad.

Gets really close to the high numbers. Also not sure if the new Iraqi defense force is helping in any other this, could be some of the Iraqi deaths.

[Edited on 4/6/2004 by nativeokie]

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   
130 is bull#, i just got off my ass and checked around, the consensus is 12 marines dead, 20 wounded in the fighting. the 130 was quoted as being the total number of dead including opposition and indigenous forces.

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I wonder if the number Sky is reporting could possibly be the total deaths for both sides? The number is coming from unconfirmed sources.

link   

Originally posted by TPL
Heres the problem, every time you kill one of the guys you upset/anger his relatives, (remember the size of these families aswell) some of these take up arms and fight the US, the US kills them. The cycle starts again.

I guess some people think your statement may sound a bit "too easy" but it's exactly how it is. You can't get real peace in those countries, never ever ever. That's because of their #ing culture - and I still consider myself open-minded and non-racistic

I remember those people having their relatives here in Germany. You look at the wrong girl? Be prepared to meet Murad, Akban, Samir, Tamir which are just her brothers. Of course you are eager to also meet her 20 cousins, yea!

And now the same retarted people are what the US army has to deal with in Iraq. The only advice I can give to all people is to pull out of every damn country over there, stop doing business with them, stop accepting immigrants from there and kick them out of the country if not legally with job here. Racistic? No, I will nicely welcome all Africans, South-Americans and Asian people who aren't living a retarted "view of life".

My sincere condolences for the dead soldiers
- sent into a war by retards, against retards

link   
The question is how many more average american lives will be lost in a fruitless occupation of country that is of no threat to us ????

To what end??

To make iraq safe for Democracy ??

To save the world from weapons of mass destruction???

or will it be to satisfy the global elite who are manipulating governments across the world in order to create a more perfect union of New World Order??

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cascadego
130 is bull#, i just got off my ass and checked around, the consensus is 12 marines dead, 20 wounded in the fighting. the 130 was quoted as being the total number of dead including opposition and indigenous forces.

Let me pass you a Xanax to help you calm down...
That was covered in the thread

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 05:01 PM
link   
AP is reporting up to a dozen killed, but not "over a 100".

ap.tbo.com...

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Do we really have to have a red banner flashing away on the site saying that 100 marines could be dead after only getting it from one news source?

It could be 12 dead as every other source is quoting at the moment...

news.bbc.co.uk...

Or it could be hundreds, but I've yet to see evidence.

Either way, the Headline on the forum smacks of sensationalism.

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I also hear that an AC-130 gunship is attacking guerilla positions.

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 05:05 PM
link   
A large number of soldiers have been killed in fierce fighting in Iraq, according to unconfirmed reports.

Some reports have put the toll as high as 130 but others have put the death toll at 12 with 20 wounded.

The large scale battle, described as "intense", has taken place in the town of Ar Ramadi, 20 miles west of Fallujah.

Sky News' David Chater said: "None of this is official yet - none of it is confirmed."

www.sky.com...

We'll find out eventually which number is right.

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Good Mourning Vietnam!

Like in Vietnam it seems the battle for hearts and minds is, if not almost lost.
I think it will get really out of hand in the next couple of weeks if nothing drastic happens.

[Edited on 6-4-2004 by Hoaks]

[Edited on 6-4-2004 by Hoaks]

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller
Do we really have to have a red banner flashing away on the site saying that 100 marines could be dead after only getting it from one news source?

It could be 12 dead as every other source is quoting at the moment...

news.bbc.co.uk...

Or it could be hundreds, but I've yet to see evidence.

Either way, the Headline on the forum smacks of sensationalism.

You'd rather it flashed Everything OK Nothing to see ?

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 05:16 PM
link   
No. I would rather it flashed a true representation of the story and not mere speculation.

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Until an official announcement is made it is all speculation.

So you are saying only report what we're officially told ?

SKY is not a crank news site and the text explains clearly that it is a single source.

SKY is basically FOX (Murdoch) There is no political reason for them to hype the figures.They say they've been told by a Pentagon source.

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 05:22 PM
link   
well even al-jazeera has the death toll of U.S forces at Dozens, but it is possible that we are not being told the full story yet or Sky is including Iraqis in the death toll

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 05:23 PM
link   
This is not Vietnam, and the Iraqis are not fighting the same forces that the Vietnamese fought. We have air superority that was undreamed of in Vietnam. Instead of looking out for SAMs shooting down fighter jets, we just have to worry about small arms fire and unguided rpgs.

The fact that the U.S. is using close air support(helicopters and C-130 Gunships), and not fighter bombers shows that they do not take this threat seriously. Bradleys and Abrams can go anywere unchallenged in this town. A rpg is a childs toy compared to one of these vehicles. It would simply scratch the paint job. The resistance in this city will be crushed in a few days.

[Edited on 6-4-2004 by dbates]

[Edited on 6-4-2004 by dbates]

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 05:24 PM
link   
One reason we're taking such heavy hits is because we're pulling our punches....we are NOT using the firepower we have to handle this; the US doesn't want to affect too many innocents.

I say, bull#. Level the place.

[Edited on 6-4-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I agree with dbates... if we have the fire power there, let's use it. Whatever it takes to save American and coalition lives.

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobeckyI say, bull#. Level the place.

What right do you have to level a place because they killed soldiers that shouldn't have even been in their country in the first place?

I don't recall anyone extending an invitation to the US to go down to Iraq.

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Has anyone noticed that yahoo keeps changing their story about this every 10 minutes? And everytime its a totally different number. It said one hundred some Iraqis dead now it says 66. And it saw 12 U.S troops dead.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join