It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manipulating Time

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I was reading a post on another forum, and someone wrote a bit about how they can manipulate time, and do it as a hobby. I tried what the person suggested and it seems to work. Thought you all here would find it interesting. I'll post as much of the other thread as I can, and give a link so you can see the whole discussion.

www.doomers.us...

Time Is Not linear,
What does this mean and what can it get me?

· It can keep you from buying bad milk at the store
· It can keep you out of a car accident
· It can get you found when you are lost
· It can get you a smoother flowing life

Let’s learn how to do it!

This is a new way of navigating your world. It is easy once you figure it out, so easy that it works even if you are drunk. Keep in mind as you approach this that it will take a little while to reprogram your way of thinking.

Most people see time as starting at one point and progressing forward with everyone trapped in the present. I was sick of being trapped in the present, so I found a way around being trapped.

First I will tell you how it works, and then I will tell you how to see it from a brain trapped with linear time thinking. Finally I will give examples of how it works, I hope one of the ways will make sense to you, it seems to confusing, just skip to the next section and see if that works better.

Description 1

You do not exist in one place in time, just like you do not exist in one place in space. Mostly you can move around where you want to and the same it true of time.

The reason that people see time moving forward is that time does affect the physical world that we live in.
The easy way to make sense of it is to move forward in time.

Another way to look at time is to see it as timelines. A timeline is a section of time.
It can be any section of time. For example when you get up in the morning to when you go to sleep at night. It can be very short. When you say hi to someone to when they walk past you.

It can be any piece of time and for any length. We will be using it for things that we care about, like an event. Examples are going to the store, driving somewhere, the entire time that you own an item, etc.

If you are independent of time, then you should be able to see through time (or see it in sections). It can be a little blurry.

The real trick is learning how to use the feelings and thoughts of the future to your advantage. Many timelines are possible, and you can imagine timelines that are not possible. The timeline that actually happens is the one that is the most probable to happen. It has nothing to do with what timeline that you want to happen.

The way to take advantage of this is to plan a little so that what you want to happen is the most probable. To do this make sure that the timeline that you are planning is the only likely outcome of the situation.

The way to do this has 3 parts
1: Be open to getting messages from the future,
2: Act on the messages you get,
3: Send the messages that you need to get.

Most people try to get the messages and will act on them, but fail to send them.
Some people call this gut instinct, but it only happens because your emotions do not know that they can not see through time. Instead they end up seeing through time.

Description 2:

linear trapped brain method

You must be willing to do this set of things:
· You start on your “event”
· Something happens good or bad,
· You try to send a memory or message to yourself in the past so that you will not do what you just did, or so that you will be sure to do what you just did.

When you are practiced enough, this is what will happen.
· You get a memory of something good or bad
· You act on that memory of the future
· At the end of the event you try to remember (or send yourself a message)

In the past the memory that you originally got at the start of the event will shape what you wanted to happen.

[edit on 24-12-2008 by coney]

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Description 3:

Examples:
Milk: the way most people go about life is to go to the store and get bad milk, come home and find out later.

The wrong way to use time is to go to the store to get some food. You get a feeling that the milk will be bad, but you get it anyway. You get home and find out that you were right when you taste it. There is nothing you can do about it now.

The easier way to do it is to go to the store. When you reach for the milk, in all possible timelines, you get a message from yourself that the milk is bad. What happened is that in the first possible timeline, you get the milk and taste it at home. You then send yourself a message that it is bad.

In the next possible time line, you get a message that the milk is bad while at the store and you do not get it. Then you send the message right then and there that it is bad and not to get it.

This second time line is the one that we want to happen, so all we have to do is to make it the most likely timeline.

Example Keys:

The correct way to do it,
You have stepped out the door and you remember your keys at the last moment,
So you go back inside and get them, then you send yourself a message to remember them.

If you skip the sending yourself the message after you picked up your keys, then you will have not remembered your keys in the first place, this would be a paradox, and because that is not possible, it will never happen, and this leaves you with the most likely timeline of being locked outside without your keys.

I hope that you use this information to your advantage,
I know that this is not directly provable, it is statistically provable, and if you give it a chance, it might really help you with life.

Practice makes perfect, it took me two years before I could send really detailed things and end up in the timeline that I prefer.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Here's how I understand the idea:

-Picture yourself standing in a 5 second window of time.
-Just for simplicity sake, the time it takes you to walk from your kitchen to the front door.
-You're leaving to go to the store.
-At the front door, you "remember" to grab your keys.
-At the point of "remembering", say to yourself walking from the kitchen "don't forget your keys". Or picture yourself picking up your keys, and send that image to yourself as you walk from the kitchen.
-Linear Time hasn't happened, you're standing in a bubble of 5 seconds.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I'm sorry i dont get it

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I like it! Never thought about the eventual possibility of this kind of manipulation. On the other hand, it's 'just listening' to your intuition and intuition could be echoes of the future rippling back in time so you 'predict' what happens based on that 'gut'. Sending a message on that same 'wave' could be possible i guess.

Fun stuff!

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by coney
Here's how I understand the idea:

-Picture yourself standing in a 5 second window of time.
-Just for simplicity sake, the time it takes you to walk from your kitchen to the front door.
-You're leaving to go to the store.
-At the front door, you "remember" to grab your keys.
-At the point of "remembering", say to yourself walking from the kitchen "don't forget your keys". Or picture yourself picking up your keys, and send that image to yourself as you walk from the kitchen.
-Linear Time hasn't happened, you're standing in a bubble of 5 seconds.

I understand the whole idea but there in lies the problem and paradox with the idea.

If you forget your keys it's because you didn't remind yourself in the future to get them.

But if you didn't remind yourself in the future then it's because you didn't forget them instead you forgot to remind yourself, so you forgot them.

But if you remembered your keys it's because you told yourself in the future not to forget them.

But if you told yourself not to forget them, it would be because you did forget them in the past but you can not remind yourself to not forget them because you already did and the past has already gone by.

But sense you did remind yourself not to forget them the message obviously never got through because you did.

And even if it works there is no way to know because the present self will never know if you reminded the past self or if you just remembered them by habit.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harman
I like it! Never thought about the eventual possibility of this kind of manipulation. On the other hand, it's 'just listening' to your intuition and intuition could be echoes of the future rippling back in time so you 'predict' what happens based on that 'gut'. Sending a message on that same 'wave' could be possible i guess.

Fun stuff!

I do have to agree with the above poster though it is a really interesting idea and brings a whole new meaning to gut feeling.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Darthorious

Aww, that made my head hurt

But in theory like he brings it when you train yourself, the most likely one will be te positive ones i think? Or because you remembered the keys and sent a message on those ripples your intuition will get a stronger message so you do not forget it in the first place based on the strenghtened message. A gut on steroids so to speak.

[edit on 24-12-2008 by Harman]

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harman
reply to post by Darthorious

Aww, that made my head hurt

But in theory like he brings it when you train yourself, the most likely one will be te positive ones i think? Or because you remembered the keys and sent a message on those ripples your intuition will get a stronger message so you do not forget it in the first place based on the strenghtened message. A gut on steroids so to speak.

I'm not discounting the idea it's more the point that we can never verify this until an actual time machine is built.

Every time I've ignored a gut feeling I've gotten in trouble. Then the times I follow my gut I have questioned what would have happened had I not.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
True, true, training this just makes you act more conscious about your gut, so that in the first place will attune you more on making it work.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I've read this and from what I gather:

You are reminding yourself of things you shouldn't forget.

Its not possible to do something like, slip and fall, then tell yourself in the past, "hey me, don't step right there". Because then that would erase time.

The damage is done already.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by xstealth

Ah yes, but if you get in the habit of reminding yourself from the future then your current self would've received the gut feeling from the future and not slipped and fallen.

The paradox is then why did you remind yourself (from the future) if you didn't slip and fall?

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
the habit of reiterating messages that already happened for future self.
ha. interesting.

assuming that time is not linear and universe is multi-dimensional,
your self from future that is about to get that message, is
actually from past - for him/her event did not occur yet...

bringing this as a habit, interesting...

[edit on 25-12-2008 by eventHorizon]

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
attempting to generalize for a second...please bear with me:

wouldn't that theory make every(!) thought we have at present, a message
FROM future self???

if so, there is no time...we just all live in the all connected fabric.
crazy thought

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
wouldnt all this just being a "responsible individual".

a person who gets what they want and makes few mistakes, NEVER gets there by luck its all PLANNING. its what makes an adult different than a child. this is sort of a "checks and balances" system toward ones own life/desires.

the only real trick that would interest me is if one could manifest the most unlikely scenario.

obtaining the sight to see the most probable outcome, comes from experience/hindsight. what this exercise does is generates pseudo experience, solely depending on the wits/cleverness of the user.

at least thats how i see it.

[edit on 28/12/08 by Glyph_D]

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
For the most part I believe I already trained myself to think this way, its called thinking ahead of the game to an overall goal or achievement. Even in my most drunkest states of mind I can still function enough to hijack a cab and get myself home, its kinda odd, but I can always think ahead constantly reminding myself of important things and adjusting the present to suit the future goal.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
This is quite an interesting concept, and will try it!

If this works, I believe it is down to the idea of time being non-linear. If everything is somehow happening at once, you aren't sending a message to the past as such - simply to your own consciousness elsewhere.

I had a powerful synchronicity happen to me recently which ultimately led me to click on this thread...here goes...
I was at work - to be non-specific, I work in a call centre dealing with businesses - and during a quiet period was reading an article on futurism and the advancement of technology. It talked about technology advancing at an exponential rather than a linear rate. Not knowing what exponential meant, I looked it up.

Anyway, as soon as I understood how something exponential wasn't linear, a call came through to my headset. What was significant was the company's name - I won't post it all, but it had "Non-Linear" in its title.

I've had strange synchronicities happen to me before, but this felt like the most powerful. Many people would probably pass it off as mere coincidence, but I just felt it was significant, and ended up researching afterwards what the significance of "non-linear" could be.

That led me to reading about the idea of time being non-linear, and it resonates with me - could explain deja vu, gut feelings, people commenting that time is speeding up, timewave zero, instant karma - all kinds of things.

I also had a bit of a weird experience this morning - sorry to ramble here but relevant! I have my little routine in the morning of getting up, and checking my emails with a coffee before I get ready. I always have a quick look at the BBC to see if anything newsworthy has happened.
Anyway, just before I woke up, I had a dream with Margaret Thatcher in it. I don't think I have ever dreamed about her before, lol. But on the front page of the BBC website was - an article about Margaret Thatcher.

This also got me thinking about time being non-linear - and the possibility of the consciousness of me seeing Thatcher on there connecting back to the asleep, so possibly more receptive(?) me. A backwards premonition, but not far.

I am interested, does the OP find that sending messages is more effective if it is short term?

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
"Prevention is better than cure"

I do it all the time.

It's not really manipulating time, it's just doing something better with it. The time still happens regardless.

If I consider many, many possibilities that may happen throughout my day I am prepared for any dilemas that may occur. Decisions are already made and actions are obvious.

If anything...I am altering the future.

Or am I?

Perhaps in my words, I am altering Your future.

Perception, intuition, vision.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Combine this with the popular Law of Attraction & you'd get the perfect theory of why either one would work.

Interesting post.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I've been kinda using this all my life, but I thought I was the only one that found out that this is possible and that I was the only person that could do it. Yet, I came to the conclusion that you really can't change much.

When I was very young, about 5 years old I would ask my mother how the dollar was doing in the market. I don't know why and I still don't know what will happen but I asked that question every day.

I also used this in college when I had an exam I somehow knew that the teacher was going to put in certain hard questions in the exam.

I always thought that thoughts and emotions being ethereal somehow worked the same as time and space. That thoughts are both everywhere and in every time. That we are some sort of antennas that pick up and interact with these elements in that existence plane.

I dunno, just my 2 cents. This might be real but who knows.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join