It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lucid Dreaming Experiences.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I would love to hear others experiences while lucid dreaming.

I myself have had difficulty staying asleep once becoming lucid, I've only become lucid about 3 times, everytime I do it's completely random.

The first time I remember perfectly, in my dream I was on a school bus, talking with some friends when all of a sudden I look out the window and I say the words "I'm dreaming....huh." and then everything starts to go in slow motion and I wake up, that's how it generally goes once I realize i'm dreaming.

So, let's hear it.

Some advice would be very welcome.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I've had what seemed to be more like an out of body semi-lucid experience. During that night, my wife at the time called the paramedics because she couldn't wake me. My breathing was also different and labored and have since been diagnosed as having asthma.

The next day was a sunday and I stayed home while my wife and kids went somewhere else. During that time, I went back to the exact place I had been in the dream. The body I was in during this experience wasn't my own either. No doubt this isn't related as much as your lucid dreams are though. That was several years ago. I"ve since recalled having been an abductee among other possible mind control experiments.

I wouldn't mind having lucid dreams anyway. As for advice, I obviously haven't any to offer. Good luck with that though.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Play with the light switches when they are around, it always worked for me in the beginning now i just 'know' but i know in such a way that it is normal so i'm not really getting excited when realizing it. If the lights don't go on and off when you flip the switches you are most likely dreaming (except when there is a power outage
) Or what i read here and there is to regularly look at your hands while awake so it becomes a habit and when you are dreaming they start to wobble/deform so you know it is a dream. And a lot of patience is needed to get into a real lucid dream when you are not a 'natural'

By the way, google is your friend in this one

www.lucidity.com...

Google link

Good luck and have fun!

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
After reading into some of the other lucid dream experiences, I learned how to extend the time by constantly moving, and not staying still. But some of the most radical experiences I have had lucid is when I have stopped in awe, over how real something felt with my hands. I can remember just standing, looking around

- and not sure if this is standard, I think I read that it was but; there is a period of extreme vividness, not at the beginning of the dream but at some point during the dream, things become extremely hightened and you feel, see, hear, and experience with a large amount of detail -

Anyway, back to what I can recall - In the dream I pretty much paused to really think about if it was real or not, and I couldn't tell, I felt what appeared like a mesh laundry bag with the denial that I was dreaming, even though I knew I was..pretty strange, but I can never get enough of the lucid dreams
If I could do it every time I slept, I would.

I know a lot of people recall their fantasies or acts defying everything we can do now, but for me I am obsessed with how real it feels.

[edit on 24-12-2008 by juveous]

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 05:38 AM
link   
I had one of the most amazing lucid dreams once.

In my dream, I was walking around London with my best friend and she turned to me and said, "Daniel, you are dreaming. Watch." She started to move objects and taught me to do the same - I recall moving the sun.

It was a strange experience, by using my mind and thoughts I was able to change the environment and relocate myself to different areas. It was extremely bizzare.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Uniceft17

lucid dreaming is amazing.
There are things you can do when it starts going dark or slowing down (which means you are about to wake up) in order to stay asleep and lucid dream. IT WORKS.

I mean, it works EVERY FREAKING TIME.
ok here it is.

THe moment it starts going dark or in slow motion, start RUBBING your hands together.
THIS works for me everytime.
All of a sudden EVERYTHING starts becoming really bright and I can see everything clearly.
other suggestins are screming out loud "illuminate" or spinning in a circle. I have not tried these

I realized I was lucid dreaming, started to go dark, rubbed hands together and within a second everything lid up like crazy.
SO I said
"lets go to China" durring the olympics.

I got on a boat, went there. AMAZING. there was this parking building that was huge and they were building the top floor. Like 10 floors. Using huge rocks.
all of a sudden it all started collapsing.
people ran like crazy. I knew I was dreaming so I just stood there watching it.
and EACH big huge ROCK flew off of the building, bounced right infront of me and went over my head. IT WAS SO MUCH FUN.

before that I checked out china and talked with people. This one kid taught me how to hold a stick on my pinky while grinding the curbs with my rolly shoes. GOOD times.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by juveous

I agree, it is amazing how real it is.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Once I start flying I know I am dreaming. I have flown to the Sun and the Moon on many occassions, the exhiliration is incredible.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
My first lucid dream was when I was 13. The very night I read what they were. I was reading all day about them, and it was also the last thing I was doing before I went to sleep. That night, I dreamnt I was in a family vacation that happened 4 years prior. I immediately recognized "wait...What's this". I was on the beach in hawaii. I looked at the water and said "I want a bunch of fighter jets to come out of the water". All of a sudden hundreds of fighter jets started taking off from underneath the sea, using the sand as a ramp/runway.

Ever since then, I've been able to have lucid dreams without effort at all. Sometimes the frequency is greater than other times. I remember a summer a few years ago, I would have 5 lucid dreams a week.

There is pretty much three themes in my lucid dreams: 1) Sex (yea..such a waste, but I just cant help myself lol)
2) playing along with the story. This usually happens because I often get lucid when something terrible is happening. Someone is about to stab me or something, and I realize "No, you cannot harm me because you are a puny dream character".
3) Spiritual stuff. I try and go to the astral plane, or speak to my higher self, or talk to an angel or God. These are of course the best.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reddupo
3) Spiritual stuff. I try and go to the astral plane, or speak to my higher self, or talk to an angel or God. These are of course the best.

Oh, I've tried that. Sometimes I feel blocked and unable to enter the astral plane - other times I have no problem.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Uniceft17

Read the book The Art Of Dreaming by Carlos Castanada, this book is like instruction manual of the things you speak of. He wrote this book of a 14 year experience. Main thing don't be afraid look around. The best way to go lucid is to not fall asleep when body does. I use stairs and doors and see want is behind door or up or down stairs.
The Gnostic people say to never become unaware, in the New Testament, some of the Apostles while in prison, said they no longer slept.
Watch out though, I met my alter ego, on one lucid dream he was bad had big sharp teeth, tried to rip my throat out.
When out there Don Wan told Carlos he must be impeccable, then you won't get caught up with in something you don't want

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Reddupo

I know what you mean about sex you can have what ever you want, but was told to keep away from such things.

top topics

join