It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Pre-destiny possible?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I experienced an event this morning that may have validated something which has been lying in wait inside me since I was born. I find it odd that this happened on Christmas Eve, so I thought I would throw it out there for discussion. Also, I post here because I'm not sure this is a religious event.

First, let me say that probably my entire adult life, for some reason people, especially women, (whom I have never met in my life) will either sit down next to me or come up to me and start a conversation. Now on face value thats not that strange, but normally it isn't long before they start mentioning things about themselves or their lives that probably shouldn't be told to a complete stranger!

It's almost as if I have this neon sign on my forehead flashing "trust me"

I have many such stories but the two that I would like to share deal with my wife and the man I had my experience with this morning.

I have been working on a real estate development transaction with a gentleman for over a year now. We are business associates but not close friends (he has to be in his late 60's/early 70's). Well, I'm on my way to work and I get this call from him wanting to meet with me right away. To make a long story short I met him in the parking lot of a local Starbucks and for an hour he proceeded to tell me his life story even breaking down at one point. He said he was telling me things that he wouldn't even tell his wife whom he has been married to for a very long time.

He is from a generation who never voice their inner feelings yet here he was laying it on the line to someone he does not know that well. he kept using the word trust.....ALOT!

On the way back to the office I started thinking about how many times I have heard that word mentioned to me over the years by people who were talking about there inner feelings toward me. You know things like "I feel like you're someone I can trust".

Finally and ironically I was having an argument one evening with my wife and in the heat of debate I spouted out something like "I'm tired of carrying everyone else's problems on my shoulders!" What she said to me finally makes sense. She said "That's your job....to bear the brunt!"

So here's my question. Can it be that pre-destiny does exist and we are really here to perform one task so to speak? Can it be that my pre-destined ability (which I have fought against all my life by the way) is to bear the brunt? To obtain peoples trust and somehow make them feel better by listening?

I'm talking about something much deeper than psychology here and what really freaks me out is that I don't trust anyone!

I would appreciate knowing if any of you have ever had these types of feelings and what you did about them. Right now I feel like I'm having some kind of epithny or something. I only hope its not to late.

Thanks for reading this lengthy post.

The General

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Great post OP!

I am not sure if it's ordained or maybe if we "evolve" to the task. I get the same reaction from some people, though I have been told as well that I am a psycic vampire (that's another thread however).

I am not sure of the oragins of this, however, it does seem to be something placed in us. Tolerance and caring inbedded in us.

But then again, it has been said that astrologically certain people are better than others... So who is to really know.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Thanks for the response and I don't really think I'm better than others. The opposite actually. Although I do feel I carry alot on my shoulders.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
One one level of thinking... It's your mission in life...not necessarily a pre-destiny

On the other hand, if we all reside in a 'hyperspace' -
here's a paragrah from a on-line story at: www.realitysandwich.com...

After a while she said, "But I still don't understand. What's hyperspace?"

"You remember. We've been there together.
It's the multidimensional realm all around us where everything that was and is and will be exists simultaneously. Where clairvoyance and telepathy and precognition are perfectly natural.
It's our rightful legacy as human beings, filtered and suppressed for centuries but still waiting just beyond consensus reality. But we usually block it out with our fear. We can't handle it." ...

the multi-dimensional time-space we are immersed in, where the past, the present, the future possibilities are are synchronious and not one-directional... makes the idea of a pre-destiny possible... but one must refine their definition of a rigid pre-destination. imho

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
St Udio:

Does this then mean that the other persons subconcious decision to speak to me about things they might not normally say is determined within a moment during the conversation? I guess what I'm trying to say is there non-verbal communication already going on between us?

Sorry to keep editing on this...I'm not trying to go down the "Laws of attraction" road.

[edit on 24-12-2008 by GeneralLee]

[edit on 24-12-2008 by GeneralLee]

new topics

top topics

join