It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian Answers Questions

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
several people have pointed it out already spy. the 2 accounts dont conflict, its just that one has more detail than the other.

why does it seem to be 2 separate accounts? more than likely they were 2 separate scrolls. the bible wasnt always organized the way it is today. genesis is actually a group of writings that is put in chronological order.

for example.

Gen.5
[1] This is the book of the generations of Adam.

most of the bible is actually a collection of writings over time. psalms is written by several people over many years. we put it all together so its easier to reference

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by miriam0566
several people have pointed it out already spy. the 2 accounts dont conflict, its just that one has more detail than the other.

why does it seem to be 2 separate accounts? more than likely they were 2 separate scrolls. the bible wasnt always organized the way it is today. genesis is actually a group of writings that is put in chronological order.

for example.

Gen.5
[1] This is the book of the generations of Adam.

most of the bible is actually a collection of writings over time. psalms is written by several people over many years. we put it all together so its easier to reference

Well when i read the first 6 day story. God created wilde animal,creeps and cattle before he created man.

God also created the plants,trees and seeds before he created man.

In Moses second telling:

There is no plants growing.

God opens a rift in the ground and water pours out. And the plans get water to grow.

Then God created Adam with clay.

Then God creates the Garden of Eden somewhere in the east. And put Adam there to look after the garden.

Then God creates all the animals big and small,and brings them forth to Adam to give names.

This is not in line with the first 6 day creation story told by him.

I might be wrong but its what i read. I read two different orders of creation.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by spy66
Well when i read the first 6 day story. God created wilde animal,creeps and cattle before he created man.

God also created the plants,trees and seeds before he created man.

In Moses second telling:

There is no plants growing.

God opens a rift in the ground and water pours out. And the plans get water to grow.

actually it doesnt say he opens a rift. just that there is a midst coming from the ground. the timetable in this particular verse is not mentioned so really there is no conflict.

scientifically speaking there isnt conflict either. scientist know that for a long time, the world was very tropical and humid.

Then God created Adam with clay.

Then God creates the Garden of Eden somewhere in the east. And put Adam there to look after the garden.

again this doesnt conflict with account, but simply adds details.

chapter 1 says that man was made in gods image. this explains how we think and feel. chapter 2 says we are made from clay which is referring to the raw material, not the form that raw material would take. so there is no conflict just added details.

the garden isnt mentioned in chapter one, but it is in 2. no conflict, just added detail.

Then God creates all the animals big and small,and brings them forth to Adam to give names.
this is the one part that seems to conflict, but it can be explained from the context of science and the bible.

chapter 2 doesnt specifically mention when the animals are created, simply that they were and then shown to adam. from chapter one we have a timetable as to when they were made. scientifically too we know that animals exists many many years before humans. so if you choose to read it that god created them after man, then it will conflict.

I might be wrong but its what i read. I read two different orders of creation.

as i said, there is only one thing out of order and thats only if you choose to read it that way (since the chapter 2 is not specific as to when animals were created)

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by miriam0566

I have to read it some more

But i have another question.

Gods first command was: Let there be light. What kind of light was he talking about! It cant be our sun.

The 3rd day. Translated from my Norwegian Bible

God creates the two big lights. The first one to role in day time and the smaller one to role the night and the stars. God put them in the sky to shine on earth. To give us day time and night time. And its morning the 4th day.

What light was God referring to when he gave his first command: Let there be light!

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by spy66

I have to read it some more

But i have another question.

Gods first command was: Let there be light. What kind of light was he talking about! It cant be our sun.

The 3rd day. Translated from my Norwegian Bible

God creates the two big lights. The first one to role in day time and the smaller one to role the night and the stars. God put them in the sky to shine on earth. To give us day time and night time. And its morning the 4th day.

What light was God referring to when he gave his first command: Let there be light!

by verse 1, the stars and the sun have already long been created. except that light was not always visible to someone standing on the earth.

About 4.4 billion years ago, the surface had cooled enough to form a crust. It was heavily populated with volcanoes which released steam, carbon dioxide, and ammonia. This led to the early "second atmosphere", which was primarily carbon dioxide and water vapor, with some nitrogen but virtually no oxygen. This second atmosphere had approximately 100 times as much gas as the current atmosphere, but as it cooled much of the carbon dioxide was dissolved in the seas and precipitated out as carbonates. The later "second atmosphere" contained largely nitrogen and carbon dioxide. However, simulations run at the University of Waterloo and University of Colorado in 2005 suggest that it may have had up to 40% hydrogen.[7] It is generally believed that the greenhouse effect, caused by high levels of carbon dioxide and methane, kept the Earth from freezing.

One of the earliest types of bacteria was the cyanobacteria, which formed into colonies called stromatolites. Fossil evidence indicates that bacteria shaped like these existed approximately 3.3 billion years ago and were the first oxygen-producing evolving phototropic organisms. They were responsible for the initial conversion of the earth's atmosphere from an anoxic state to an oxic state (that is, from a state without oxygen to a state with oxygen) during the period 2.7 to 2.2 billion years ago. Being the first to carry out oxygenic photosynthesis, they were able to produce oxygen while sequestering carbon dioxide in organic molecules, playing a major role in oxygenating the atmosphere. This is often referred to as the Oxygen Catastrophe. The increase in the concentration of oxygen in the atmosphere required time because iron and other elements in the Earth's crust reacted with oxygen, removing it from the atmosphere.
-wiki

this density and volcanic activity would have made the surface of earth literally dark, as basic organisms because processing the air, and oxygen began to enter into the atmosphere, things started to clear up. meaning that likely some ambient light would be able to be seen from the surface, but much like a rainy day, you still would not be able to make out the sun or moon or stars.

in verse 16, the atmosphere cleared up enough to actually be able to see the stars. (foruthday)

so likely however many millions of years it took for this process to clear the air, the revealing of light was gradual.

why would god describe it this way?

well likely gen 1, was given to someone (moses, or someone else who passed it down to moses) in the form of a vision. if he gave that vision to someone who lives today, he could give it from the perspective of space and we would understand. we not only know we live on a planet, but we have a basic concept of why the planets move the way they do. likely the vision from that perspective would raise more questions than it would answer if given to someone who has no basic knowledge of space. (like moses)

vision was likely given from the perspective of someone standing on earth watching so that the receiver of the vision could understand

[edit on 2-2-2009 by miriam0566]

[edit on 2-2-2009 by miriam0566]

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
But this is in conflict with how God said he had created. What you say is in line with a Big Bang. That would mean that Moses misplaced Gods creation rigth of the bat. It should say let there be light. "A Big Bang"

"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. But there was nothing but darkness over the water". Meaning the Earth was covered with water. Then God said: Be light and there was light.

And later in day 3. God created the big and small light "And the stars". This tells me that Only heaven and earth existed at the beginning!!! Nothing else.

So the earth didn't cool down because of a hot earth. Not according to the Bible. Only according to science.
And science also talks about water coming from space. Water field objects colliding with earth. That's how science explain how water came to be on earth.

But God didn't create stars and other objects in the heavens before Day 3.

On Day 2. God created plants=life ??? Before he created the sun and other heavenly bodies !!!

You see why i am a bit lost

Dose it mean when God said light. He meant Heat up earth!!! Or be Energy!!!
But earth has no energy without the sun!!! "Day 3".

God dont tell us that earth was created as a hot rock but as a cold and deserted dark planet with water.

Ok i see you explanation on the bottom. If that is the case then it would make sense. If it was given to Moses by a vision.

I know Moses was given the task of describing creation. But where can i read about that vision in the bible or other reliable texts!!

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Its starting to make sense but it takes a bit longer for a fresh noob like me
But i still dont know how one can argue facts about Sin or any other vision described by the Prophets if it is described as a vision or inspiration.

So stay tune for a lot more
I am entering the dark ages now. With Noah, Nimrod ant the rest of the Adams family

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

your stuck on ¨let there be light¨ meaning ¨i am creating the concept of light¨.

it isnt.

[1] In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

this gives us a starting point. this verse covers billions of years. our ¨universe¨ or in jewish terms ¨the heavens¨ took billions of years to form. so did the earth. light, the stars, the sun was obviously in existence at this point.

[2] And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

¨without form¨ is specifically talking about land masses. ¨darkness¨ is specifically mentioned, meaning to one who is on a boat in the vast ocean watching this, its dark.

this gives us a direct time. this is after the earth form (from loose bits of material, into a sphere planet), this is after it cooled. and after it got water. there may have still be volcanic activity, and likely it wouldnt have been hospitable for us.

it is at this point that god says

[3] And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

so likely, whatever process was filtering the atmosphere was beginning to accomplish something. most scientists agree that early life likely is responsible for oxygenating the atmosphere. when it did, there was ambient light. but remember that the creative days are not a specific period time. its likely that this process took millions and millions of years.

mind you, i say likely it was a vision. i say so because of the prospective that gen 1´s narrative has. moses couldnt have ¨guessed¨ this stuff. so likely it was shown to him as a vision and he simply wrote what he saw

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

i posted some excerpts that get into the creation days with more depth. they start about 3 4ths down the first page.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by miriam0566
www.abovetopsecret.com...

i posted some excerpts that get into the creation days with more depth. they start about 3 4ths down the first page.

Havent seen that page before. Thanks

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
hey how do some of you christian stay in spirit??? seriously

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by slymattb
hey how do some of you christian stay in spirit??? seriously

how you mean?

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by slymattb

You know arguing and asking is a method of getting some answers. Even if you have faith its nice to get some other whews on the thought s you have. I call it sharing information

To have faith in God is not like you automatically understand the whole Bible.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join