It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4,300-year-old pharaonic tombs unveiled near Cairo 12/22/08

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I have always known that the necropolises of Egypt were hiding secrets and that the Egyptian Government was trying to restore the artifacts that were sold on black markets from the back to their rightful places, back in Egypt.
Now, it seems as if they have even discovered more to the puzzling world of Ancient Egypt once again.

SAQQARA, Egypt – A pair of 4,300-year-old pharaonic tombs discovered at Saqqara indicate that the sprawling necropolis south of Cairo is even larger than previously thought, Egypt's top archaeologist said Monday. The rock-cut tombs were built for high officials — one responsible for the quarries used to build the nearby pyramids and another for a woman in charge of procuring entertainers for the pharaohs.

Wouldn't be totally enlightening to actually finds "Validity" to the ever eluding "Hall of Knowledge" one day? The Ancient Egyptians are a somewhat "Fairytale" society with all the secrets and their culture, it blows ones mind.

But despite the years of excavation, new finds are constantly being made. In November, Hawass announced the discovery of a new pyramid at Saqqara, the 118th in Egypt, and the 12th to be found just in Saqqara.

And there is till more to come, I hope that one day that all of the knowledge and unanswered questions of their culture and race are once and for all disclosed.

"This means the royal cemetery is bigger than we thought," said Saleh Suleiman, the archaeologist responsible for the excavation of the two tombs.

news.yahoo.com...;_ylt=AjXqhTK9gom5j1qifTaHeZJvaA8F

It is just too bad that archeology takes so long to do, I am anxious to see the end results of this particular find, "Ancient Egypt is just too cool and mysterious to not want to know!!"

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
This and with the discovery of the 2 million year old artifacts that were posted last night. I think we are going to find more and more that Ancient Egypt was more of middle civilization, as opposed to ancient.That there were advanced societies here a lot longer then them, which would explain their advances. So it wouldn't surprise me that it was a lot bigger and more vast then originally thought.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I totally agree with your analogies of the finds that are still showing up.
I would really like to to see a "TODAY" King Tut find. It is absolutely fascinating that we are getting so much evidence and and new finds, especially before the 2012 implications, might be something to the theory or we are just getting smarter on where to look...

new topics

join