It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palestinian rocket misfires, kills 2 girls in Gaza

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Hey, maybe they shouldn't have attacked Israel? Israel was attacked and fought back and won. Sorry if they are sore losers.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by GamerGal
I have been asked that if it was reversed, would I feel the same? Yes! If the Jews day in and day out attacked civillians, and only civillians. If the Jews smuggled in weapons to use and kill babies and toddlers and children and pregnant women, I'd be on the Palestinians side. But nope, they kill a hundred babies, Israel kills a terrorist leader, and the Jews are the "evil" ones.

Oh my god...

The IDF is quily of numerous killings of children and innocents, through snipers and 1,000lb bombs no less! When you drop a ton of explosives on a busy street to kill one guy, isn't that excessive? When you shoot a school child through their bedroom window for no reason, is that not murderous? And then the IDF won't even punish the bastards responsible.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   

I have been asked that if it was reversed, would I feel the same? Yes! If the Jews day in and day out attacked civillians, and only civillians. If the Jews smuggled in weapons to use and kill babies and toddlers and children and pregnant women, I'd be on the Palestinians side. But nope, they kill a hundred babies, Israel kills a terrorist leader, and the Jews are the "evil" ones.

Yeah and all these Palestinians who died were terrorists, in your opinion, right?:

From the beginning of the intifada on 29 September 2000, until 31 December 2007, 4,332 Palestinians were killed in the Occupied Territories. Among them were 865 minors (under the age of 18). At least 2,050 of those killed were not participating in the fighting at the time of death, and 225 were objects of targeted killing. Thousands more were wounded.

During 2007, Israeli security forces killed 377 Palestinians, 53 of them minors. 84 were from the West Bank and 293 from the Gaza Strip. In comparison, in 2006, the total number of Palestinians killed by Israeli security forces was 657: 523 from the Gaza Strip and 134 from the West Bank, among them 140 minors. Of those killed in 2007, at least 132 (about 35 percent) were civilians who were not taking part in the hostilities at the time they were killed. B'Tselem has been unable to determine the cause of death of 50 persons (about 13 percent). In 2006, 348 Palestinians were killed when not taking a direct part in the hostilities at the time of death, representing 54 percent of Palestinians killed that year by Israeli security forces.

In arrest operations carried out in 2007 in the West Bank, Israeli forces killed 50 Palestinians (some 60 percent of all Palestinians killed in the West Bank). Among those killed, 19 were not the target of the operation. In 2006, 97 Palestinians were killed in arrest operations, constituting 72 percent of the total number of Palestinians killed in the West Bank.

In 2007, security forces killed 55 Palestinians in the "death zone," the area near the Gaza perimeter fence, while they were trying to cross the fence or while they were situated in the zone. In some cases, persons were killed more than 100 meters from the fence. Of tho se killed in the "death zone", at least 16 were unarmed and not engaged in the hostilities at the time they were killed, including four minors. In 2006, these figures stood at 43 dead (18 of them were not taking part in the hostilities at the time they were killed).

Source

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Hey, maybe they shouldn't have attacked Israel? Israel was attacked and fought back and won. Sorry if they are sore losers.

It doesn't work like that.

And nice dodging of the salient point in my post. You really don't have a clue what you're talking about, do you?

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
For Those Who May Have Missed It...

ENOUGH!

Members who insist on violating the AboveTopSecret.com Terms And Conditions Of Use and ignoring staff instructions will be subject to suspension of posting privileges.

Again, Please Stay On Topic and refrain from posting inappropriate personal commentary in these forums.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
The bravery of the Palestinians really amazes me. They are people with guts and substance. On top of the hardships they face, they have more Phds per head of population than any other in the world.

Perhaps this is probably why most zionists, long accustomed to getting their way by hook or by crook, cannot abide these warrior people.

Knowing Israel's pathological hatred of anything Christian or Muslim, we should expect a Christmas offensive or just after against the population of Gaza.

Gaza is a refugee camp for people that used to live in the villages and towns these home made rockets are landing. They are not smuggled in weapons but made by hand by the resistance.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Gamer, whats you game here, are you just stacking up points. Trolling? how can you express outrage for what Palestinian terrorists do but not what the Isrealis do. How can you express outrage at Israeli women and children being killed but not Palestinian women and children.

And you lied in your op, you stated that women and children were being targeted again when there was no such report in the news article. It was a random attack aimed at no one in particular.

If you want to start a debate good, but at least be expected to tell the truth, answer questions and have proofs to back up your statements. As yet you have falied and one questions your motives.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
You can see how much hatred is in the Palestinians: they fired even when they were not technically prepared. So they wanted to fire the missiles at all costs, they were not interested in the "result" but in giving a way for their anger to go through with this action. That's bad.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

First, I don't think there is one piece of evidence that I could show you that you wouldn't consider propaganda.

Second, there is nothing I can say or show that will change your opinion, nor will you change mine.

Third, both parties are equally liable for killing each other off.

Fourth, You have an extremist run government, Hamas, that could care less about the plight of their people. They aren't the first government to steal aid or food from their people to achieve their own self serving purpose.

Hamas Charter

www.palestinecenter.org...

So once again I will ask what makes firing missiles on innocent Israelis worse than the Israelis starving Palestinians.

Israelis aren't starving the Palestinians. Hamas is. Ask Hamas where is all the Humanitarian aid that was sent prior to Israel clamping down. Firing missles on Israel is what caused Israel to take action. Read Hamas Charter and you will see the way Hamas thinks. If this was a vandetta against all Palestinians, don't you think Israel would have clamped down on the west Bank ran by the PLO?

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   

95% Ashkenazim? What!?

I want a source.

My sources say around 37% Ashkenazim and 39% Mizrahim and Sephardim

Demographics of Israel
en.wikipedia.org...

On top of that 40% of all Ashkenazim in the world have been shown through genetic research to be Semitic.

40% Ashkenazim come from matriarchs
www.jpost.com...

[edit on 24/12/08 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I wish very effective Christmas to all Palestinian Resistance!

- I hope you will arrange a Christmas barrage what Zionists will remember all their life...

What is a life worth in 1.5 million peoples ghetto, in Gaza death camp?

- Keep up the good fight, and keep rocket firing posts manned!

Childrens of Gaza will get their hope back, from sound of rockets fired by their brothers and fathers. Sound of resistance is the best gift they ever get...

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

All too true. It is amazing how they ignore the smuggling of weapons, the buying of weapons, instead of food. It is amazing how they ignore what Hamas has done to the Palestinians. Nope, all "those evil zionists!" as the Palestinians, as we speak, are targetting and killing civillians. Amazing how they can ignore what is happening this very second because its being done against those "evil" Jews.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by GamerGal

I know what you mean there Gamer. The Gazans are sore losers and it is a bit unfortunate for them that every time they fire rockets at Israel they are directly responsible for the natural retaliation that follows. Looks like the Iranians are controlling things here, now Israel and Gaza pawns in a game played in Tehran and Washington. USA and USSR used to do this in Afghanistan, Cuba and the rest. Now USA and Iran (Russia at the same time dangling the strings) do it in Israel and Gaza.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by raymond68

Oh very good points! Is it really the Jews and the Palestinians? Iran and America? I doubt though that while the USA and USSR was a Cold War that it will be the same. Except this time it looks like it may be Israel, America, England and the majority of the UN versus most of the ME. No word from Kuwait, Iran, or Saudi Arabia.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

That's not a very merry Christmas!

What happened to peace on earth and good will to all?

I'd rather wish and hope that the Palestinian people look to Gandhi and Dr. King for inspiration in their endeavor.

It takes far more courage and valor to have non violent resistance.

This fighting will not solve anything.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   

reply to post by jam321

All too true. It is amazing how they ignore the smuggling of weapons, the buying of weapons, instead of food. It is amazing how they ignore what Hamas has done to the Palestinians. Nope, all "those evil zionists!" as the Palestinians, as we speak, are targetting and killing civillians. Amazing how they can ignore what is happening this very second because its being done against those "evil" Jews.

Wrong on all points. You know very well that the starvation blockade is being conducted by Israel. Hamas is the lawfully elected party and is an enemy of Israel. You cannot possibly expect the enemy of zionist oppression to do anything less than they can to free their people. Come clean and admit that Israel is doing its best and hopes to break the Gaza people with collective punishment.

The 'evil Jew' comment is nothing but paranoia. It is about zionism that even many Jewish people are against. You wish to associate objectors to zionism with racism because you are wrong and argument is weak. The truth will prevail and Palestinians will be freed.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by GamerGal

Kuwait probably keeps it low, Iran is probably the puppeteer behind the Hamas terror, Saudi is fine as it is basically happy Israel is taking on Shia all over the place. Israel and Saudi have plenty in common.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   

No Israelis were injured in the barrages. The attacks took a steeper toll in Gaza as explosives apparently misfired, wounding three civilians and killing two militants. One of the injured civilians works for a conflict resolution center.

What does this mean? I think they carefully worded it so you believe that Israeli "militants" and civials were killed..

Cause it said it happened in Gaza, so isn't that Palestinian land?

???

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by raymond68

Rather a confused and ill inform comment. Hamas is largely Sunni and religion has very little to do with the Palestinian struggle. It is about freedom and self determination. I would say 99% of the Middle East supports Palestinian freedom. Israel is the odd man out.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Raymond, what do you mean sore losers. this is not a game, these people are fighting for thir very existence can you understand that.

To you and Gamer if this was the Jews of Europe fighting the Nazis what message would you have for them. Stop fighting and just head for the gas chambers just as we tell you to.

Or would you be calling them freedom fighters fighting oppression and crimes against humanity.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join