It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have we pushed the human mind to it's limits?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   
We all know that we use such a small fraction of what are human minds are capible of. No one can specifically say what we, as humans are capible of as far as brain power.

there is much research here and in many other places in ways to "broaden your mind." Ways to attempt to use more of the mind then we already do. But even in the grandest jumps, the percentage of use of the human brain barely moves.

Have we hit the limits to the human brain? Is it like a gallon jug that can only hold 2 ounces?

What is stopping us from evolving in such a way that we can use far more of the brain?

Are we too inferior of creatures to deserve such a gift?

Is it a genetic misfire or chemical inbalance that does not allow us to opomize our brain usage?

I believe that we are too primative a species to deserve such a gift. With all our "advances", very few are for the betterment of the world or the region we live in. Most seem to be "slave" technology. Things that help us or that do things for us. We, as humans, have done so little to help the enviornment or raise the betterment of mankind. So much of our thoughts and desires are for destruction.

Some of the best minds in the world are ushured into the military, not into medacine or technonlogy to help.

Sure, we can destroy the world many times over... Yippie. How the heck does that help us? What about advances to help mankind?

What are your thoughts? I am anxious to see where this goes. Any and all related posts are welcome.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I recently read somewhere (I can't remember right now) that the human mind as we are capable of recognizing it, is a three dimensional manifestation of our 'extra-dimensional' intelligence.

Thus our limitations, if you want to consider them such, are more a reflection of the difficulty we face 'self-realizing' the true nature of existence. It seems that some religions hint at this, our 'one-ness', our need for 'faith' to 'move mountains', the notion that our bodies are 'vehicular' in nature, etc.

I don't expect our limitations are 'real'. I think they may be an affectation of putting too much credence in the physicality of reality.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
I recently read somewhere (I can't remember right now) that the human mind as we are capable of recognizing it, is a three dimensional manifestation of our 'extra-dimensional' intelligence.

Thus our limitations, if you want to consider them such, are more a reflection of the difficulty we face 'self-realizing' the true nature of existence. It seems that some religions hint at this, our 'one-ness', our need for 'faith' to 'move mountains', the notion that our bodies are 'vehicular' in nature, etc.

I don't expect our limitations are 'real'. I think they may be an affectation of putting too much credence in the physicality of reality.

...And therefore limiting our progression. Interesting!

That sounds like a very intresting article you read!

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Jkd Up

Only the first part was prompted by what I read... I think it was one of those assertions made by Edgar Cayce, but I will let you know when I get home so you can check it out. The book really had little to do with the topic, but that part stuck in my head..., seemed to make some sense; in a metaphysical sort of way.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Whats stoping our brain is reaLity................
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Computers are slowing down our brains, we are born with super computers, but we don't know how to interpret the information and use it to our advantages, we use it to our social/society advantage.

new topics

top topics

join