It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is everyone’s New Year’s Resolution

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   
What is everyone’s New Year’s resolution going to be heading into 2009?
And why...

Mine I think is going to be to get a bit fitter as I will be doing firefighter training in a year or so and I need to get a bit stronger and fitter before hand

Good luck aswell everybody on their New Year’s resolutions and a Happy New Year aswell

Edit:Sorry i dont know where to put this so sorry if it is the wrong forum

[edit on 24-12-2008 by Anti - Government]

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Hey ANTI-GOV! Happy holidays and a safe and happy New Years!

I have not made a resolution in over a decade. I instead tried something differant. I decided to to better each day.

All too often we make crazy demands on ourselves and radical changes to our lives in the name of New Years. I break it down a bit more.

Like I satated, I try and do better each day. I'f I get up and excersize each morning (and I do), then I try and do 1 more push up than yesterday (for example). In business, I try and match goals set the month prior. But by breaking them into daily goals, I am able to achieve more with less stress.

In my personal life, I try and look at the small things. I try and find one thing of beauty that I might not have seen the day before.

These work for me. They are not ment to be guide lines for anyone else, but I feel as though I indeed do wrentch every drop from each day. I ususally only sleep 3 to 4 hours a day and find that my body is happy with that.

Also, I try and work with art at least once a day. Either by painting, writing or other media. This helps keep creativity maximized...

Not bad for a biker huh?

HAPPY NEW YEARS TO ALL!!!

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I've never been one to set goals based on New Years resolutions. There's nothing that I really care about changing as I feel that I'm a fairly well rounded person.

I'm kind to strangers and don't kick my dog. I smoke like a chimney and love every puff. I could probably stand to lose a few pounds but there's a store right across the street filled with candy bars and donuts so that seems kind of pointless. I quit drinking a long time ago but still like to smoke weed every now and then, especially right before going to the above said store to buy above said candy bars and donuts (also see above said "well rounded person").

I guess if I had to change anything it would be to spend less time on ATS or at least stay away from the Political Forums during elections. Waiting for GFL spaceships to whisk me away or debating the origin and importance of religion, evolution, and the presence of an all loving/dangerous God would be wise choices to avoid as well.

Other than that,

Hoopy Hollandaise everybody.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Jkd Up

Great post and a great idea

I may have to steal it aswell

although i am aiming to increase my fitness and so on

because i have started jogging ever night now i'll start to go a little bit farther each night

the problem i have is i gstart to get bored when i try this kinda stuff im not a very patient person

wish me luck anyways

Happy Hollidays everyone

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Well anti-government. Same problem and resolution as you.
But you already knew that tee hee.

I get bored easily as well by it all, but what I try to do is set myself some sort of target, like for instance I might say to myself "Right, come March I am going to wear shorts and a t-shirt to school so long as the weather is good."

That urges me to make sure my legs a nicely worked u[ by the time March comes around because I don't want to wear shorts otherwise, same if I am going to a beach I will do sit-ups for a month or two before just to get off that bit of excess baggage.

Set yourself something you arn't entirely comfortable doing until your are fitter, and use that as your determination.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I've got three:

1.) Get the old muscles back

2.) Quit smoking

3.) Paint the house

The fourth was going to be ignoring the first three, but I decided I might as well try this year.

top topics

join