It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Think I'm the One !

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Psychologist call this the "Messiah Complex"

Messiah complex is a state in which the individual believes themselves to be, or destined to become, the saviour of the particular field, a group, an event, a time period, or in an extreme scenario, the world. This could also be the state in which a group views an individual as a messiah, such as followers of a cult leader. The cult leader doesn't have to claim to be a messiah, but if he is treated as such by his followers, it can also be classified as such.

People with a messiah complex tend to see themselves as saviors to a specific group of people or a specific field, making claims of their own glory, or claiming a self-awareness of their own gift and how that gift can affect a group of people or a field of life.

Messiah Complex may also refer to a person who has formed a habit of "creating" crisis in a given culture, only to later "rescue" or "save" the poor helpless soul upon whom the crisis has been perpetrated.

In the most extreme cases, people with a messiah complex may see themselves as spiritual/religious messiahs with transcendent powers who are destined to save the world. Often near death experiences prompt a messianic complex] that can cause psychological trauma or remain as a guide for life.
" Wikepedia - Source

Based on the above.. you need help sir.. and I challenge your Karma to mine... That higher being (not you and not I) gives me daily opportunities to help others and thus myself.

As Hitler stated in Mein Kampf (a mind as yours) "absolute power convicts absolutely" - A. Hitler

If you WERE God ( a huge IF) then you would have absolute power .. therefore ......

Note for long time ATS members (greater than 4 years) will note that these kind of posts come near the holidays when people have been drinking and from PEOPLE who have been members for less than 6 months.

BOUNCE

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I am sorry to destroy your delusional and egotistical views of yourself but we are ALL one. Many people, not just you, have special abilities and i'm glad most of them don't come off like yourself.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
thomasblackraven

Originally posted by Darthorious
Rule # well I guess the number doesn't matter but: Good rule of thumb is when you think you are the one it usually means your not.

Claptrap with bells on.

You telling me there is a rule of thumb for people who declare themselves as the one, nonsense there is no rule of thumb. Look on google, I'm the only one who comes up using the search term 'I think I am the one' I say think because depending on the outcome of this thread and other mitigating factors will depend whether I choose to be THE ONE or not. The fact of the matter is that I have the capabilities of being the one, it's a question of choice on my part as to whether I actually pursue it or not. It so happens that I like much of the company here on ATS and thought it fitting to share this revelation of mine.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I don't know if anyone has realize this but if things weren't the way they are now then there would be no reason to have someone to save us from ourselves.

It's really sad that we have to have someone save us from a mess we created all by ourselves.

link   
reply to post by pharaohmoan

If you are "The One," wouldn't you know it rather than "think" you are?

Wouldn't you be able to communicate in English (than/then;earths/Earth's) and correctly use other such terms and correct punctuation?

This demeans the ATS motto, you know?

link   

Originally posted by Rocketgirl
reply to post by wylekat

Why are you being so mean? The OP doesn't have to prove anything to anyone.

Besides, there is nothing to prove...either you believe or you don't, take your pick.

If he is posting here he obviously believes he needs to prove something... You cannot blame people for being skepticle in troubleing times such as these... Why dont all these new massiahs and space time benders do something for the greater good instead of talking about their abilities. Many people have thrown away their lives believeing in nut-balls. Not that the OP is a nut...just that yes proof is required these days.. at least speaking for myself

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocketgirl

No, really we don't. We made the mess, we can clean it up ourselves. That's like assuming a child is incapable of picking up after themselves. They can do it, though it may take time and patience and demonstration. Until people realize that it's their responsibility to clean up after themselves, the mess will remain.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by constantwonder

Ok you want to know why nothing has been done? I will tell you why.

First of all you just can't go doing things on your own if you have certain powers. You have to be in sync with others who claim to have the same abilities. Only then, will those people come together and work as one whole. Powers are stronger when you have more then one person working together.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by pharaohmoan
Look on google, I'm the only one who comes up using the search term 'I think I am the one' I say think because depending on the outcome of this thread and other mitigating factors will depend whether I choose to be THE ONE or not.

www.google.com...

77,600 results found...

[edit on 12/24/2008 by thomasblackraven]

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Ok,i haven't read all replies but this is getting kinda sad...

We have someone who claims to be a messiah and like most of people,i thought he just needed more ATS points.

I see now though that he might meant it...?

pharaohmoan,you don't have to believe anyone in here,what you can believe though is the words you type yourself.
You're a "messiah" who fights entities (unfortunatelly or not,still,just in your imagination) and then logs in ATS to get recognition for it....!!

Ok,i changed my mind while typing this-

I think that this post of mine should be for the rest of the viewers instead of you:
Spirituallity my friends,look.I mean,look where it can lead someone.
All this crazy things,reaching a higher spiritual level,being in a constant fight against other entities,trying to control things that can't be controlled (or even they're not meant to be).
It's just a fairytale which can actually ruin your life...!

Not just spirituallity though,this is just one of the new-age religions just because the old ones weren't enough to mess with our heads i guess...

I think that finally we have a pretty good example in our forums about how some people can end up with these things.

I think it's always nice to dream ya know.It gives ya hope and motivates you but you gotta know when to draw the line.You gotta be able to know what's real and what not.

I'm gonna flag this thread but not because i believe you're a messiah my friend,i'm sorry.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
ZOMG it's neo! /sarcasm

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by TravelerintheDark
No, really we don't. We made the mess, we can clean it up ourselves. That's like assuming a child is incapable of picking up after themselves. They can do it, though it may take time and patience and demonstration. Until people realize that it's their responsibility to clean up after themselves, the mess will remain.

That's your opinion and I respect that. However, there are some people who are going to be unwilling to help clean up. I agree we are capable of cleaning up after our self but chances are we won't. Why? because we are waiting for our "parents" to clean up for us.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
In the movie the matrix there was a different "one" for each version of the matrix and each one did the same thing until Neo came along. If this sort of thing is occuring in reality then it has probably happened before, there is nothing new under the sun etc. I'd almost think when applied to our world there would be a "one" for every generation and typically that one's actions would occur under the radar. I understand the skepticism but there is no reason to fear it that I see now let's try to learn something.

In the matrix there are 5 or 6 ones each from a different version. So I wouldn't be troubled thinking there was more than one "one" at a time in our reality. When you look at a particular spiritual role in terms of the idea presented by the matrix trilogy, this sort of niche role applied to true spirituality, as a possibility or even a theory. There is no reason for there not to be a "one." If it can be imagined then it is possible. Though I don't think that the one would the end all be all for people's salvation.

Do you think you have total choice in your role? As in who and how many to "save." I wonder if you have the option to do nothing at all (and even if you did it wouldn't be the end of the world). I take it that you aren't the only avenue that people can be saved by?

What is it like fighting demons? For those of us preparing for spiritual existence how important is it to know how to actually fight this stuff? How do you train for this? Do demons fight other demons and neutral entities?

You said you may decide to just lead by example, this could be a big change from former incarnations of "the one" so it could really get interesting.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
i'll have what he's having....

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

Good for you and I am not being patronising. However I am not playing mine is bigger than yours thank you very much.

Originally posted by ArcAngel
Psychologist call this the "Messiah Complex"

Messiah complex is a state in which the individual believes themselves to be, or destined to become, the saviour of the particular field, a group, an event, a time period, or in an extreme scenario, the world. This could also be the state in which a group views an individual as a messiah, such as followers of a cult leader. The cult leader doesn't have to claim to be a messiah, but if he is treated as such by his followers, it can also be classified as such.

Oh dear, the old messiah complex one was bound to be thrown in eventually, I wondered how long it would be. There you have it if someone thinks they have the power to change the world for the better it is referred to as a complex. Oh and the more they claim to draw on supernatural powers to greater the act of debunking them and the greater the so called state of mind of the individual. That is so why the second coming aint gonna happen. Psychologists would put God in a box if they could, and call him schizophrenic. Well because it started with him, how else could new personalities come about from one entity!

Don't try and departmentalize me into a box your mind can cope with. In my world your the nut job remember. The difference is I am comfortable with myself but not comfortable with the world the way it is so I am either gonna change it or suggest it be used for some other means, simple really. However I confess I do want to save the cream of the crop, the best specimens so to speak.

For those of you who question how I can love on one hand, yet assure others that there are karmic repercussions for those who choose to refute me in a non constructive way or cause disharmony, I can say this because I have witnessed what is in place to receive these people and its not nice. I can say this because my love is a higher love to do with the spheres and motion of the universe. It is love that connects to the untainted purity that exists when one approaches connections connected to the source. Everything earthly becomes a triviality when in this stream.

To all the good folk.....May your presents be big and bulky

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
May I make a suggestion Pharoahmoan? Do you have a webcam? Would you be kind enough to express your views and comments on youtube or any other streaming video medium?

We would like to see you and understand you. We want to see your facial expression while you verbalize such grand and illustrious claims about who or what you are. I think this is not too much to ask is it? Come on, let us see who you really are! Your audience awaits you.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocketgirl

And if they don't show then what? Certainly there's a choice there. We can either put in the effort ourselves, for ourselves, or wallow in the lack of inspiration and continue to blame it on others. But, as you said, it's only my opinion, and I'm certainly not immune to criticism. Part of the problem with putting oneself "out there", stepping from our little corner of the universe to show what we think we have learned is that there will always be someone willing to point out the mess we still have, however large or small. So, if you'll pardon me, I still have some cleaning to do.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Didn't the japanese create one of those machines that can turn thoughts into a movie?

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Oceanborn

Sorry but I haven't said anything about being the messiah. This is a label I am not so comfortable with. So just quit it. I've said I am the one, a catalyst, yes, an ambassador of a new age (elsewhere),yes. Able to reach parts that others cannot reach, again yes, but messiah, well sorry buddy but that's not my department.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I asked for that proof, because (and now it's my turn to wear the Mr. Planters Nut beanie) It's far worse than a simple broken heart. You talk about bending time and space- when she left me and married someone else, I actually experienced it. I literally, honestly, and truly heard my soul scream in pain. Everything went wrong that day- and has for 20 years.

Like I said- this is well far worse than a broken heart. I have had that (more than once... oh way more than once). And with all these abilities, you'd have seen what actually happened. I am not spiritual, I don't subscribe the the metaphysical, I live a nuts and bolts existence- and even *I* can admit to having my entire reality ripped up like so much carpeting and burned- Only because I actually witnessed and experienced it. I am living in a frigging alternate reality.

I came to that conclusion after careful research, observation, and the fact I shouldn't be this upset this long if something wasn't acting as a catalyst. Yes, I have tried ALL of the depression drugs. And therapists. Not even a dent. That's been factored in as well. I have several theories as to the exact how- some of them I found on here. I cant prove a single *@)(*)*#!!! one of them. I have entertained the notion of being outright insane. While I am sure this whole mess has unhooked the horse from the carriage... I am not having any symptoms of schizophrenia, or paranoia, or anything else. Only stress and worn nerves- and the occasional panic attack from the stress and nerves. And I have no clue what's holding the remains of my mind together. By all rights, I should be in a padded room somewhere scribbling on the walls in my own poo.

Your inability to notice I am an anomaly and there's something desperately wrong with my existence speaks volumes, and none of 'em are looking good. Even my CAT knows my life's not right... and tries to comfort me as best he can when I am upset and depressed. He barely leaves my side when the thoughts of her start in. He's thrown out the joys of being a cat, and is trying hard to be a dog! Follows me everywhere, jumps in my lap any time I need a warm body to hug... Sits on the floor by the chair and actually keeps tabs on me... If a cat can sense something's out of whack, why not a human............?

Your 'abilities' are in question, yo.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join